DulceCandy87 General Thread Part 2

Sheabutter
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DulceCandy87 General Thread Part 2

Post by Sheabutter »

Dulce didn't really give details on how this girl "tried to steal her man." It came off more that she was insecure in their relationship and she doesn't like women talking to her husband. She got a lot of backlash in the comments.

wordslinger12
Learner
Learner

Post by wordslinger12 »

I think something more happened than Dulce let on. In the video, Dulce said that the woman had access to her hotel room as well. And she abruptly dropped it. I don't think she was paranoid about it but didn't want to share more details about what happened.

QueenE
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by QueenE »

wordslinger12 wrote:I think something more happened than Dulce let on. In the video, Dulce said that the woman had access to her hotel room as well. And she abruptly dropped it. I don't think she was paranoid about it but didn't want to share more details about what happened.
Yeah I agree with you. I forgot about the hotel room thing, now I remember.
I couldn't figure out who the girl is though, I hope someone will tell us ;)

Post by Guest »

ah, cool. thanks girlies! just another video showcasing how insecure she is.

fihe
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by fihe »

I'm guessing she deleted the video because people guessed who this woman was.

louise-belcher1
Lurker
Lurker

Post by louise-belcher1 »

I saw that her mom had a youtube channel, has anyone seen her videos?

BeNice
Stalker
Stalker

Post by BeNice »

Wow.... I googled "Dulce Candy crooked nose" because I am an artist and visually I always notice every little detail about people, and noticed her nose was crooked, but just a little, aaaand found this forum and WOW WOW WOW. I wasnt aware there were forums which had rules that made cyber bullying ok, but then theres this one... I literally just made an account so I could tell you all that this is not ok the way you talk about people who you dont even know... You are probably all very young etc, but thats no excuse

Neia13
Informer
Informer

Post by Neia13 »

BeNice wrote:Wow.... I googled "Dulce Candy crooked nose" because I am an artist and visually I always notice every little detail about people, and noticed her nose was crooked, but just a little, aaaand found this forum and WOW WOW WOW. I wasnt aware there were forums which had rules that made cyber bullying ok, but then theres this one... I literally just made an account so I could tell you all that this is not ok the way you talk about people who you dont even know... You are probably all very young etc, but thats no excuse
You would be surprised with the amount of older women around here then! And these people are putting their lives out there, what we do is not different than what a gossip magazine does, except we at least have some rules. For example: "I don't really know Angelina Jolie, but that's not gonna stop me to comment on how bad her hair looks in a picture" or something like that.
I guess what I mean is, don't be too shocked. Mostly what we do here is comment on videos and give some criticism, although some people do take it too far. But now youtubers can moderate comments, so us "haters" can't even say a sweater is ugly without getting blocked. Try writing a comment saying her nose is crooked in one of her videos and you'll get bullied by her followers or simply blocked, when even she has said she regrets her surgeries. But there are other kinds of threads here, some rave ones or just random discussions, you might like those, it's not only hate.

Serendipitous
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Serendipitous »

TrollLALA wrote:Yeah I noticed the thing about wanting to seem more "white". I'm not Latina, but when i first started watching her she was a cool Latina girl and was a little hood and I loved that! Now I feel like she tries to overcompensate and prove that she's like white or american enough?? Hard to explain. And I didn't really get what she meant in the video about not being Mexican enough. Bc from my POV, she's pretty mexican meaning her family get togethers, her thick accent (even when she tries to hide it). I just feel like sometimes she tries to go overboard with proving she's whiter or something. Probably also why she feels awkward in social settings around other people she's super insecure. She has no real friends aside from Morgan and even they don't seem like true friends.
I'm sorry but this comment bothered me so much. I'm Latina and I hate that you associate being Latina with acting "hood." This mentality that somebody who doesn't act like the stereotype of their ethnicity is trying to "act white" is so damaging and toxic.

To me the fact that Dulce dropped the hood act is actually one of the few positive changes she's made. She is a mother. That would be embarrassing for her to keep lip syncing along to sexually explicit rap songs and to what, talk about her past drug use?

Justalkin
Informer
Informer

Post by Justalkin »

Serendipitous wrote: This mentality that somebody who doesn't act like the stereotype of their ethnicity is trying to "act white" is so damaging and toxic.
Thank you for this. I made the mistake too of labeling dulce as acting white & your comment taught me a very important lesson :tu: i realize the error of my ways.

Ccc123000
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Ccc123000 »

I'm not a subscriber but have watched a handful of her videos. Just finished watching the Cafe con Dulce video, and boy, did she go on a LONG RANT / LECTURE about people who criticize her (there was a question about her small stature) and "push her around." She went on and on about setting boundaries, etc. Some of what she said made sense, but I did get a sense that THIS GIRL HAS ISSUES! She seems to be carrying a lot of emotional baggage and is constantly battling her insecurities. Funny because she makes it seem like being short doesn't bother her, but then it eventually set her off on a rant. A lot going on under the surface there.

QueenE
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by QueenE »

Ccc123000 wrote:I'm not a subscriber but have watched a handful of her videos. Just finished watching the Cafe con Dulce video, and boy, did she go on a LONG RANT / LECTURE about people who criticize her (there was a question about her small stature) and "push her around." She went on and on about setting boundaries, etc. Some of what she said made sense, but I did get a sense that THIS GIRL HAS ISSUES! She seems to be carrying a lot of emotional baggage and is constantly battling her insecurities. Funny because she makes it seem like being short doesn't bother her, but then it eventually set her off on a rant. A lot going on under the surface there.
I followed her since she basically started on YT, let's just say that she has lots of issues :P She is very insecure and confused about everything, sometimes she makes those videos claiming she is super confident and finally found the meaning of life. You figured her out correctly ;)

Post by Guest »

What is she even talking about in her last cafe con dulce? What is she "ready to move on" from? Sorry, I couldn't be bothered to sit through the entire 20 minutes. I skipped through and heard her talk about crying after meeting j-lo then being in costa rica with sonia and having an epiphany and thats all I got. I feel like she's always having some epiphany or something like that but it seems like she reaches to have some meaning in life if that makes sense. Every few months she comes out with a video saying she's had some deep realization...so many times that it just seems sad at this point. Like she's a sad or lonely or insecure or never satisfied individual and I don't get it. :(

Ccc123000
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Ccc123000 »

^made it up to that point where she mentions she wants to buy her parents a house. Someone in the comments called her out on her extravagant lifestyle - luxury cars, new large home with costly renovations - saying she could have probably used that to help her parents out if she really wanted to (or something like that). Heck, she must've spent a small fortune just demo-ing everything after she bought the house and changing everything except the structure.

Lots of people also saying in the comments that they don't understand what she is trying to say and her thoughts are all over the place.

QueenE
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by QueenE »

I haven't watched the video yet, I need to be in the mood ;)
One thing though, how is she going to keep living the way she does without YT? Let's be honest, people watch her for the "materialistic" videos, not her crazy ass spiritual rants. I hope she doesn't want to become some sort of motivational speaker :o :o :o :roll: She has so many issues :(
Nothing else will bring her the cash YT and sponsors do, so if she wants to buy a house for her parents she better keep shilling make up and accessories.

Man is she ever going to be fine? She is never happy, always looking for something else or for answers. It's kind of depressing.

Ccc123000
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Ccc123000 »

QueenE wrote:I haven't watched the video yet, I need to be in the mood ;)
One thing though, how is she going to keep living the way she does without YT? Let's be honest, people watch her for the "materialistic" videos, not her crazy ass spiritual rants. I hope she doesn't want to become some sort of motivational speaker :o :o :o :roll: She has so many issues :(
Nothing else will bring her the cash YT and sponsors do, so if she wants to buy a house for her parents she better keep shilling make up and accessories.

Man is she ever going to be fine? She is never happy, always looking for something else or for answers. It's kind of depressing.
I didn't even make it halfway through the video, was not in the mood to listen to how she thinks J.Lo is #goals. I mean, I don't dislike J. Lo, but...

I think for her it really is a self esteem issue. I've seen some of her videos where she kind of brags about a lot of guys liking her / pursuing her, but in the end I think something happened in her childhood (was she picked on? bullied? not given enough attention?) that she can't get over even know that she is "successful" and has all the $$$$.

FrancesPe
Learner
Learner

Post by FrancesPe »

Serendipitous wrote:
TrollLALA wrote:Yeah I noticed the thing about wanting to seem more "white". I'm not Latina, but when i first started watching her she was a cool Latina girl and was a little hood and I loved that! Now I feel like she tries to overcompensate and prove that she's like white or american enough?? Hard to explain. And I didn't really get what she meant in the video about not being Mexican enough. Bc from my POV, she's pretty mexican meaning her family get togethers, her thick accent (even when she tries to hide it). I just feel like sometimes she tries to go overboard with proving she's whiter or something. Probably also why she feels awkward in social settings around other people she's super insecure. She has no real friends aside from Morgan and even they don't seem like true friends.
I'm sorry but this comment bothered me so much. I'm Latina and I hate that you associate being Latina with acting "hood." This mentality that somebody who doesn't act like the stereotype of their ethnicity is trying to "act white" is so damaging and toxic.

To me the fact that Dulce dropped the hood act is actually one of the few positive changes she's made. She is a mother. That would be embarrassing for her to keep lip syncing along to sexually explicit rap songs and to what, talk about her past drug use?
I agree with what you say here, I wouldnt expect her to act the same as she did when she was young. She has changed her status, her lifestyle, now she has a family, etc. but it IS true that the only times she reffers to being LATINA is when she is endorsing something...

Remember some years ago when she said she didnt know how to speak spanish, and then an interview from a latin tv show appeared? in spanish? and she didnt even promote it on facebbok or twitter because the segment with her interview was about how much money youtubers made with sponsorships? ANYONE remember? :D

I don't want to say she "acts white" because she doesnt act like in 2009 or because she used to say she was an NC 25, but i can say that somehow she starting talking with this LA girl accent wich sounds sooooo fake and doesnt suit her! I doesn't have to do with race or colour. I'd sound stupid if I also started talking like kim kardashian or paris hilton.

hollywould
Learner
Learner

Post by hollywould »

Wtf is with the face mask she put on smack dab in the middle of a full face/glam makeup tutorial? She created a mauve/purple smokey eye, but before applying her face makeup she decided to apply a sheet mask for some reason! Initially I thought she was just trying to squeeze as many products as possible to get that affiliate $, but there aren't even any products listed in the description box (as of right now). Super odd/random thing to do lol

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Neia13
Informer
Informer

Post by Neia13 »

hollywould wrote:Wtf is with the face mask she put on smack dab in the middle of a full face/glam makeup tutorial? She created a mauve/purple smokey eye, but before applying her face makeup she decided to apply a sheet mask for some reason! Initially I thought she was just trying to squeeze as many products as possible to get that affiliate $, but there aren't even any products listed in the description box (as of right now). Super odd/random thing to do lol

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk
From what she said it's supposed to be a primer, but what was she thinking when she put it AFTER doing her eye makeup... she's really not the sharpest tool in the shed.
I saw that first "cafe con dulce", it was impossible to understand her main point, but I thought she said she was gonna quit doing makeup tutorials and start fresh with some new career... and then she comes out with "beauty mondays"! I think she should see a doctor... Were these videos filmed ages ago and she forgot what she said or does she really not pay attention to what she says? She's even making me confused! So weird...

CourtneyShane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by CourtneyShane »

I am Mexican-American and probably was not perceived as "Mexican enough" to others (including some Mexicans) over the course of my lifetime, but hey I am just me -- I'm not really here to conform to anyone's stereotype or preconceived notions of what a Mexican should look/behave like -- neither is any other POC.

I am curious if DC knows her demographic. I wonder if Youtube keeps track of those records at least for subscribers? I say this because most Mexican-American teens I know (not a ton, but some -- I am Mexican so yes I have a massive family lololol) do not even know who she is. Film industry stats (Latinos are among the top in-theater film-watchers) and other marketing stats tell us the vast majority (76% by the most recent Pew Institute poll) identify FIRST as teens -- THEN as Latinos, meaning watching a Latino-skewed film, personality, movie, etc. does not matter as much as the content matter itself. DC has a lot of subscribers and a lot of views, but part of me wonders if it is from non-POC who see her as that token Latina OR is it from POC who are glad/refreshed to see a non-white girl talking about mainstream products, content, etc.

Any thoughts (I'd truly like a discussion/opinions -- I am not looking to race bait in any way and respect everyone's views and with so many white Youtube stars this is not a convo that can take place in every thread)?

Return to “Dulce Candy”