white trash sparkles
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Re: Was her southern accent fake?

Post by white trash sparkles »

princessvoldemort wrote:This is my result:

"Which American accent do you have?
Northern

You have a Northern accent. That could either be the Chicago/Detroit/Cleveland/Buffalo accent (easily recognizable) or the Western New England accent that news networks go for."

I've taken other dialect quizzes and the state my dialect is most like is Michigan, specifically Grand Rapids. I'm from Wisconsin.
That's because all the states around the great lakes have the northern cities vowel shift. If you're from Wisconsin you probably have some slight Canadian features in your dialect as well as the NCVS.

PHAIL
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by PHAIL »

I got Northern. Makes sense since that's exactly what I am, lol. It's so interesting how many different dialects there are for the same language in one country. When I was younger I honestly thought everyone on the Northern side of the country talked exactly like me and that everyone in the South talked like George Bush.

peachesnoranges
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by peachesnoranges »

Ha I got Canada. Team Canada.

white trash sparkles
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by white trash sparkles »

peachesnoranges wrote:Ha I got Canada. Team Canada.
I did too. I guess we must have an accent after all lol, I must have just been oblivious to it all these years. I always perceived myself as speaking really neutral.

FlowerPowerXXX
Lurker
Lurker

Post by FlowerPowerXXX »

Funny enough it got me Northeastern (Jersey etc.) even though I have been living in the North (ND) but well... Could be worse.

DramaticBateman
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by DramaticBateman »

I've lived in the south my entire life, but everyone makes fun of my "northern accent." I think it's because my parents are both from New England so I grew up hearing that accent mostly.

Anyway, Elle and Blair still have a southern accent IMO. It's not super intense, but it's definitely there. Blair's was stronger when she actually lived in Tennessee, but I feel like Elle's hasn't ever been intense. Maybe because she had already been living in Ohio or wherever when she started making videos.

epc
Learner
Learner

Post by epc »

I got Western, which is spot on because I'm from Washington.

kiki
Debater
Debater

Post by kiki »

Liked that quiz.. I got Canadian, which is right. I think most Canadians think we have a neutral accent, and although I think I do, I can definitely notice a Canadian accent.. As for Elle and Blair, I think blair at least has a very slight southern accent for sure

Sent from my AT10-A using Tapatalk

AMAY-SING
Learner
Learner

Post by AMAY-SING »

I'm from New Orleans and the quiz gave me a Southern accent :D

I don't think her accent is fake. You don't fake an accent from a place that you're actually from, but I do think she's gotten rid of it better than Elle. If you watch Blair's old videos, she definitely has an accent, but she's completely gotten rid of it. Elle's still comes out from time to time.

Hollytubewood
Learner
Learner

Post by Hollytubewood »

Influences around them (Beauty and models) made them do the plastic surgery on their faces which I think is sad because that is a trademark of your parents looks. This shows immature thoughts and parents not teaching them real values in life. If you're pretty infatuated with living the high life with celebs and wanting to be like one you're going to notice you want to ditch the southern accent to blend in with the rest of the Hollywood people. Them living in Hollywood tells me that they are just after looks. Because we all know in Hollywood looks are very important house, car, body etc.

Hollytubewood
Learner
Learner

Post by Hollytubewood »

No her accent was real but that's before they are influenced by models and make up and wanted to live in LA. They found out in order to fit in LA they must do away with the accent and the natural born facial features of their parents. Wondering how they like erasing their family history now. Really wasn't worth it?

Return to “juicystar07”