2014 Oscars

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

2014 Oscars

Post by Angie V »

Are you guys going to watch the Oscars? Did you see the nominated films? I want to watch all of the ones nominated for Best Picture this year before the awards so I have a frame of reference. What are your predictions? And most importantly: WILL LEO FINALLY WIN?
(I think Matthew McConaughey will probably win - there is stiff competition this year)

Here are the main categories:
(I put my predictions in italics.)

Best Picture

American Hustle
Captain Phillips
Dallas Buyers Club
Gravity
Her
Nebraska
Philomena
12 Years a Slave
The Wolf of Wall Street

Best Actor in a Leading Role

Christian Bale – American Hustle
Bruce Dern – Nebraska
Leonardo DiCaprio – The Wolf of Wall Street
Chiwetel Ejiofor – 12 Years a Slave
Matthew McConaughey – Dallas Buyers Club

Best Actress in a Leading Role

Amy Adams – American Hustle
Cate Blanchett – Blue Jasmine
Sandra Bullock – Gravity
Judi Dench – Philomena
Meryl Streep – August: Osage County

Best Actor in A Supporting Role

Barkhad Abdi - Captain Phillips
Bradley Cooper - American Hustle
Michael Fassbender - 12 Years a Slave
Jonah Hill - The Wolf of Wall Street
Jared Leto - Dallas Buyers Club

Best Actress in a Supporting Role

Sally Hawkins - Blue Jasmine
Jennifer Lawrence - American Hustle
Lupita Nyong’o - 12 Years a Slave
Julia Roberts - August: Osage County
June Squibb - Nebraska

you see the rest here:
http://oscarnominations2014.org/
imma ball til the day i fall

ggeyeliner
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: 2014 Oscars

Post by ggeyeliner »

I hope Leo finally wins his Oscar. I think he is brilliant and I think it is good start for his acting hiatus.
ENGLISH ISN'T MY FIRST LANGUAGE. Sorry for misunderstandings!

People should read everything, not the first 5 words and judge!

v_illa
Informer
Informer

Post by v_illa »

Leo doesn't deserve to win this year and tbh I don't think he or Christian Bale should have even been nominated (Joaquin Pheonix, Tom Hanks and Robert Redford were snubbed). IMO it should either go to Matthew McConaughey or Chiewetel Ejiofor. I was pretty disappointed with a lot of the nominations this year so I don't think I'll be watching

LaRitournelle
Talker
Talker

Post by LaRitournelle »

I hope Meryl wins. I watched August recently and she was great.

losiento
Informer
Informer

Post by losiento »

just wishing that Jennifer Lawrance doesn't win one. seeing these backlashes after her golden globe win this year, i can not imagine the outrage if she wins a freaking Oscar back to back. jesus christ, i mean it's not like she's campaigning her ass off like how Anne Hathway did last year, it's not like it's *her* fault that she won, ugh, just please dont give her that oscar. ugh! i read an article saying that if she does win this year, she's setting some kind of record for like, being the youngest actress and winning 2 oscars etc etc..

CMonroe

Post by CMonroe »

I also think Dallas Buyers Club will dominate and that wouldn't be so bad since I loved Matthew Mcconaughey's and Jared Leto's performances and I don't even like Leto as an actor. Jared's win I think is a sure thing since he won pretty much everything major so far and I'd love to hear if he changes his speech for the Oscar win or it'll be the same thing we've heard so far. Joaquin Phoenix/Tom Hanks should've been nominated instead of let's say Christian Bale, since Bale's role is pretty forgettable imo. American Hustle is overrated imo. I enjoyed Her and The Wolf more, but I see why The Wolf could never win this one though. Cate Blanchett is my choice for Best actress. Best picture - either 12 Years a Slave or Dallas Buyers Club.

HattieChaos
Naughty
Naughty

Post by HattieChaos »

I'm in the process of trying to watch all the movies before the ceremony. I watch the Oscars every year, love them!

So far my boyfriend and I have watched American Hustle and Captain Phillips. Loved both, but I think we slightly preferred American Hustle. Probably going to watch Gravity next, or Dallas Buyers Club. Really interested in The Wolf of Wall Street but my boyfriend doesn't want to watch it cos he hates pointless sex scenes and apparently that film has them everywhere, haha.

Return to “TV Shows”