Ask Nikki P

fairydust181219
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Ask Nikki P

Post by fairydust181219 »

I know this already gets discussed in other topics, but I thought I'd start a new thread for it all in one place.

Anyone else get annoyed by the fact she thinks she is in someway qualified or being helpful in posting these videos? Some of the advice (or 'opinion') that she gives can actually be really damaging. I think its rich for example when she talks about positive body image whilst being an advocate of her plastic surgery.

When sprinkleofglitter did a video on self harm, she went, sat down with a charity and sought professional advice before putting out a video that could influence all these young girls.

Not to mention the fact she is just beyond annoying in general.

tink
Debater
Debater

Re: Ask Nikki P

Post by tink »

Yep, yep. The only thing I'd take advice from her on is how to be wasteful with your money.

Snowflake
Learner
Learner

Post by Snowflake »

She doesn't even look at the questions before she makes the video and doesn't properly thinks about the advice she will give. I guess it would be different if it would be just light hearted topics about which she shares her own experiences... but instead she gives advice to kids who are talking about eating disorders, alcoholic parents, etc. These are serious issues that she should take more seriously and should give careful advice about them... advice that she really should think through and even do some research about.

PrncssProtnPowdr
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by PrncssProtnPowdr »

Ask Nikki is very irresponsible IMO. These are mainly young girls who look up to her for some reason and Nikki is not at all qualified to help them. If she wants to have an advice channel she should limit the questions to lighter topics like makeup, YT, and shopping.

nikkittyy
Learner
Learner

Post by nikkittyy »

A lot of the questions she answers she admits that she has no experience in, and they are serious questions. I'm not sure why she still answers them though. I think if she stuck to not so serious stuff, like about friendships, dating, makeup, and just smaller teen problems, it would be okay, because she actually has at least experienced that stuff.

tweed
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tweed »

I hope none of her advices cause any sort of problems for those kids. She is very comfortable telling people what to do but in an unfortunate situation, she will refuse to take responsibility about her so called expert advices. If I knew I'd get some sort of answer, I'd ask her what makes her qualified to offer such service.

angelaj0921
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by angelaj0921 »

Well the good thing is nobody watches them. One of her videos didn't even reach 3,000 views.

Snowflake
Learner
Learner

Post by Snowflake »

When she's talking about eating disorders, safe sex, abusive relationships etc. the least she can do is provide a website or number where ppl can seek PROFESSIONAL help.

Return to “NikkiPhillippi”