Thataylaa

FFL
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Thataylaa

Post by FFL »

PearlescentPink wrote:The dew. A dew? A nice dew. Some dew. That dew. No dew. What dew? Dewy dew. Dew dew. Do the dew. Mountain Dew.

I think "dew" has replaced "moist" as the grossest sounding word.

Dew.
Yes, this drives me up the wall! Especially when she says she's looking "extra dewy" halfway through the wear test, like no girl, that's straight up oil. Quit calling it dew to make it sound natural and an excuse not to blot your face.

friskynotebook815
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by friskynotebook815 »

PearlescentPink wrote:This video gave a great insight into just how much her lighting messes with the contrast of her videos. When she was showing the contour powder she purchased, she flashed a screen grab of the original listing, and the product look like a pretty normal contour shade. In the video, when she held the baggie up and poured it on her candle lid (which I refuse to dignify with the name "palette") it looked like a barely medium-toned powder foundation. Seriously. Tone it down, kid. Your retinas will thank you. That cannot help the migraine situation at all? I can sometimes get a ride on the motorcycle to migraine mountain from an unintentional glance at the sun, I can't imagine what staring into those lights for hours is doing for her.

Also, what is up with her neopolitan ice cream contour/bronzer/blush/highlight situation? She puts nothing on the apples of her cheeks and paints tiger stripes from her ears to the corner of her mouth. I thought maybe it was a phase, or a thing she was trying out, but she has been doing it for a long time now. It's pretty much contrary to everything you are supposed to do--I'm just confused by it. I'm starting to think it was one of those teenage rebellious things that she forgot she was initially doing to be cool and edgy and now she just believes is just how everyone else does it.
THE TIGER STRIPES FINALLY SOMEONE ELSE SAID IT. That's annoyed me for so long.

sandyfrink
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by sandyfrink »

Is she wearing a new foundation everyday? My skin has been bad before and experimenting with new foundations is the last thing I'd do.

eastsidebabe
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by eastsidebabe »

sandyfrink wrote:Is she wearing a new foundation everyday? My skin has been bad before and experimenting with new foundations is the last thing I'd do.
She does that with her "15 Days of Foundation" videos. She reviews a different foundation for 15 days straight. Its very popular, and gets her lots of views (I think). I agree with you, it is the last thing I would do if my skin were like hers. She has other options because of her education and skills, or so she leads one to believe. Why risk ruining your skin for life?
Once she starts Accutane, she certainly won't be able to do it. In fact, other than Accutane updates, which I'll actually find interesting, and apartment shopping tours, what will she film?

PearlescentPink
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by PearlescentPink »

eastsidebabe wrote:
sandyfrink wrote:Is she wearing a new foundation everyday? My skin has been bad before and experimenting with new foundations is the last thing I'd do.
She does that with her "15 Days of Foundation" videos. She reviews a different foundation for 15 days straight. Its very popular, and gets her lots of views (I think). I agree with you, it is the last thing I would do if my skin were like hers. She has other options because of her education and skills, or so she leads one to believe. Why risk ruining your skin for life?
Once she starts Accutane, she certainly won't be able to do it. In fact, other than Accutane updates, which I'll actually find interesting, and apartment shopping tours, what will she film?
Probably more "Look at all this Junk I got on Amazon" videos. She's like a pig in shit with those.
Just your typical vainglorious bitch <3 .

FFL
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FFL »

PearlescentPink wrote:The dew. A dew? A nice dew. Some dew. That dew. No dew. What dew? Dewy dew. Dew dew. Do the dew. Mountain Dew.

I think "dew" has replaced "moist" as the grossest sounding word.

Dew.
Yes, this drives me up the wall! Especially when she says she's looking "extra dewy" halfway through the wear test, like no girl, that's straight up oil. Quit calling it dew to make it sound natural and an excuse not to blot your face.

ColdOne
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ColdOne »

trickylinguist wrote:Testing _____ makeup
Testing _____ brushes
____ buys my makeup
____ does my makeup
Apartment tour number ___

She has officially run out of ideas.
Yes! I don't want to watch videos on random online-only shit just because she's desperate to find the world's cheapest and most toxic products. I'd rather use Elf brushes than scour Amazon for crap made with god-knows-what in god-knows-where.

She seems to STRIVE to look oily. I don't get it. Oil on top of severe acne would make people question your hygiene (though I know acne isn't necessarily the result of bad hygiene). It still gives that very strong impression.

Stacie Anne
Debater
Debater

Post by Stacie Anne »

I'm very lucky to have super clear skin, but even I feel proper grim when my foundation starts getting "dewy" as she calls it! I just pop some translucent powder on to mystify and go on with my day, not bitch & whine/record myself looking SO DEWY AND FRESH (aka oily and gross).

larrie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by larrie »

i swear she's taking the piss with these amazon videos now. how many more?!

also i love how she basically said that the contour powder smelled like toxic waste yet she still proceeded to put that junk on her face.

makeupmenace
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by makeupmenace »

larrie wrote:i swear she's taking the piss with these amazon videos now. how many more?!

also i love how she basically said that the contour powder smelled like toxic waste yet she still proceeded to put that junk on her face.
It's all for views SCIENCE!
Blending is my cardio.

VeronicaLodge9
Informer
Informer

Post by VeronicaLodge9 »

PearlescentPink wrote:
eastsidebabe wrote:
Probably more "Look at all this Junk I got on Amazon" videos. She's like a pig in shit with those.
At the spa I work for, we have this one 15 yr old who has AWFUL cystic acne, migraines, and difficult hair to wax... much like Tenderflake. We sat down with her and her mom and had to have an intervention as to why her acne wasn't getting better despite all the treatments and microdermabrasion we were doing for her. We told her to lay off the three layers of makeup she caked on her face and her mom put her on accutane despite her "oh but I'll have nightmares" excuse. A month later, and she's doing amazing. Flakey Flake needs to grow up and do something about her skin or just stop complaining,

PearlescentPink
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by PearlescentPink »

trickylinguist wrote:Testing _____ makeup
Testing _____ brushes
____ buys my makeup
____ does my makeup
Apartment tour number ___

She has officially run out of ideas.
My vote is for "Testing Clean Makeup Brushes", "Dermatologist Buys My Makeup" and "Lisa Eldridge Applies My Makeup."
Just your typical vainglorious bitch <3 .

sandyfrink
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by sandyfrink »

Daintydoll wrote:
PearlescentPink wrote:
eastsidebabe wrote:
At the spa I work for, we have this one 15 yr old who has AWFUL cystic acne, migraines, and difficult hair to wax... much like Tenderflake. We sat down with her and her mom and had to have an intervention as to why her acne wasn't getting better despite all the treatments and microdermabrasion we were doing for her. We told her to lay off the three layers of makeup she caked on her face and her mom put her on accutane despite her "oh but I'll have nightmares" excuse. A month later, and she's doing amazing. Flakey Flake needs to grow up and do something about her skin or just stop complaining,
Yes! I know people mentioned that she's going on accutane soon but I still don't understand her aggravating her skin to hell and back. She could try in the meantime. I know she does those days of foundation videos but for the sake of your skin just stop. It seems like she just wants to throw a face mask on or a foundation mask on.

50 Shades Of Salad
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 50 Shades Of Salad »

eastsidebabe wrote:Once she starts Accutane, she certainly won't be able to do it. In fact, other than Accutane updates, which I'll actually find interesting, and apartment shopping tours, what will she film?
IF she ever starts Accutane. She's been putting it off for over a year now, I'm starting to think she's never actually going to do it.

VeronicaLodge9
Informer
Informer

Post by VeronicaLodge9 »

50 Shades Of Salad wrote:
eastsidebabe wrote:Once she starts Accutane, she certainly won't be able to do it. In fact, other than Accutane updates, which I'll actually find interesting, and apartment shopping tours, what will she film?
IF she ever starts Accutane. She's been putting it off for over a year now, I'm starting to think she's never actually going to do it.
She probably won't! I'd put money on it

makeupmenace
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by makeupmenace »

Daintydoll wrote:
50 Shades Of Salad wrote:
She probably won't! I'd put money on it
I agree, she'll probably come up with another bullshit "I'm too busy right now" excuse :roll:
Blending is my cardio.

swatchgate
Talker
Talker

Post by swatchgate »

How do we make a new thread?

larrie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper