Authentic or replica?

Rockcandy5150
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Authentic or replica?

Post by Rockcandy5150 »

Has anyone even wondered if all their designer stuff is actually real? It's no question that they can afford Chanel bags, but there are some amazing replica sellers out there. Even Blair's Cartier bracelet...I know she can afford it but she may very well have paid $50 for a knock off. And of course they'd never tell because of all the child labor/terrorist speculation. I wouldn't be surprised either way. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lmaololjk
Learner
Learner

Re: Authentic or replica?

Post by lmaololjk »

idk for sure but I'm pretty sure all their things are authentic. I remember on beauty blogger boot camp they were trashing Rachel cuz she got a fake designer bag or something. Plus blair has shown her dustbags from some of her designer bags.

Silver Rose 39
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Silver Rose 39 »

They've shown the dustbags, boxes, etc from various things. Fakes don't come with dustbags or boxes that look identical to the genuine article.

Rockcandy5150
Debater
Debater

Post by Rockcandy5150 »

I'm not talking about reps you see on the street in ny. There's reps out there that cost a couple hundred dollars made of real leather and comes with all the bells n whistles. Look up jessyjade on YouTube. Dust bag, gift bag, and customizable receipts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

shadowlurker
Informer
Informer

Post by shadowlurker »

Silver Rose 39 wrote:They've shown the dustbags, boxes, etc from various things. Fakes don't come with dustbags or boxes that look identical to the genuine article.
Except they do... and some Chinese sellers even sell receipts to make it look like you bought the item in a store. It's totally effed up. There's message boards to get the most accurate info on sellers and reviews on knock offs. Knock offs are waaay over the "lol obviously fake" look - Some of them aren't cheap either (still not as expensive as the real deal, of course).

:?

Silver Rose 39
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Silver Rose 39 »

shadowlurker wrote:
Silver Rose 39 wrote:They've shown the dustbags, boxes, etc from various things. Fakes don't come with dustbags or boxes that look identical to the genuine article.
Except they do... and some Chinese sellers even sell receipts to make it look like you bought the item in a store. It's totally effed up. There's message boards to get the most accurate info on sellers and reviews on knock offs. Knock offs are waaay over the "lol obviously fake" look - Some of them aren't cheap either (still not as expensive as the real deal, of course).

:?
Well I've never seen or heard of them until now.

baconpancakes
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by baconpancakes »

Yep, this is true! My friend went to China & was telling me about some of the shops & markets she visited. They will rip off authentic parts or materials and use them to make fake items so you can barely tell the difference. One shop she went to was selling fake Chanel sunglasses but the cases they came in were authentic & didn't really belong together. She also bought a fake Prada bag in a colour that Prada doesn't even use but the hardware was legit. It's a whole underground world.

Post by Guest »

If any of you watch Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, there used to be a housewife called Taylor Armstrong (baring in mind these women are supposed to be rich married women) she admitted that her Birkin bags were fake and she was having to give them over to settle her debt. The people even knew they were fake but still wanted them because apparently they're still worth thousands.

jimmyjamm
Learner
Learner

Post by jimmyjamm »

Yep, there's different grades of fakes available. Most of the time what gives it away though, is that you'll find fakes that come in colours that were never brought out by the designer.
Can i ask which cartier bracelet she has? the L⊝ve one? those things are priceyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

rawrpi
Learner
Learner

Post by rawrpi »

Eh... they're rich bitches. They buy real shit at the real stores. Too easy.

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

I doubt it. They seem like the type of people who scoff at anything that might possible be fake (I don't condone it either but I also don't buy designer), and only shop at authentic retailers on 3rd street or rodeo drive. It's probably also the experience of being treated well at the store, having the money to buy the item, carrying it out of the store, etc. that they enjoy.
imma ball til the day i fall

molly45
Learner
Learner

Post by molly45 »

Does it really matter? If its real, they're spoiled shallow brats. If its fake, they're tacky assholes who support sweatshops. They'll never win.

rawrpi
Learner
Learner

Post by rawrpi »

I don't think that owning luxury brand purses makes you a spoiled shallow brat. I mean, Elle and Blair are, but not because they own such things. I'm lucky enough to own a couple of LVs and Torys, but damn, I'm not shallow, quite the opposite, really, or a snooty brat .... spoiled, I will take, only child to hardworking parents and a lucky, big family.

molly45
Learner
Learner

Post by molly45 »

rawrpi wrote:I don't think that owning luxury brand purses makes you a spoiled shallow brat. I mean, Elle and Blair are, but not because they own such things. I'm lucky enough to own a couple of LVs and Torys, but damn, I'm not shallow, quite the opposite, really, or a snooty brat .... spoiled, I will take, only child to hardworking parents and a lucky, big family.
Just wondering, why do you think Elle and Blair are spoiled brats? Yes, they did grow up in a pretty wealthy home, but how does that make them both brats? They've been making money through youtube since they were in their teens, and before that Blair talked about working at a fast food restaurant and saving up for her computers and such. That doesn't sound very glamorous to me.

baconpancakes
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by baconpancakes »

I can't speak for the poster but a lot of ppl think they're spoiled based off comments they've made over the years. When you add it all up or "put it on paper" they look kind of bratty.

Examples: the infamous ELF makeup brush comment (where she said they were made in China and smelled bad), when she said "Happy 9/11", the whole wanting to live in a hotel idea, when Elle did the "Pack Like An Heiress" video, when Elle threatened to sue one of her subscribers... :?

Sunset123
Debater
Debater

Post by Sunset123 »

baconpancakes wrote:I can't speak for the poster but a lot of ppl think they're spoiled based off comments they've made over the years. When you add it all up or "put it on paper" they look kind of bratty.

Examples: the infamous ELF makeup brush comment (where she said they were made in China and smelled bad), when she said "Happy 9/11", the whole wanting to live in a hotel idea, when Elle did the "Pack Like An Heiress" video, when Elle threatened to sue one of her subscribers... :?

i agree. If they were priviledged but humble about it and werent so ignorant in the incidents that baconpancakes stated above most people probabky wouldnt call them bratty spolied etc. and id like to add their half-assed, once in a blue moon, only-film-when-there's-a-sponsership-involved as another example.

personally, i dont think you have be decked out in designer to be spoiled or bratty. Spoiled is when everything in life is handed to you pretty easly (compared to other people) and you dont appreciate it. Filming how many candles you have and how you put on makeup AND being able to make living (a very good living) and not fully appreciating it is spoiled in my opinon. The rant that elle went on when she said her subs shouldnt get upset when she doesnt upload on time 'takes all the fun out of it' really confirmed to me how spoiled they really are.
Everything is about short term satisfaction to them; "i dont feel like it today" "i dont wanna do it today" "a schedule will just take all the fun out of it"
to me, those are the words of spoiled brats. and not 20 and 26 year olds (or however old they are) who supposidly moved to LA "to further their careers" it seems to me they moved to LA to party and have a good time and manybe hire a ghostwriter and start a failed make up line in between shots and shopping trips.

As for the expensive things they own, thats the icing on the cake. people cant say "yea theyre rich but theyre so down to earth" because theyre not.
you can only play up the "whimiscal" act so far before people will want to see actual substance and thats where actual work ethics come in, sadly they have none.

baconpancakes
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by baconpancakes »

Sunset123 wrote:

i agree. If they were priviledged but humble about it and werent so ignorant in the incidents that baconpancakes stated above most people probabky wouldnt call them bratty spolied etc. and id like to add their half-assed, once in a blue moon, only-film-when-there's-a-sponsership-involved as another example.

personally, i dont think you have be decked out in designer to be spoiled or bratty. Spoiled is when everything in life is handed to you pretty easly (compared to other people) and you dont appreciate it. Filming how many candles you have and how you put on makeup AND being able to make living (a very good living) and not fully appreciating it is spoiled in my opinon. The rant that elle went on when she said her subs shouldnt get upset when she doesnt upload on time 'takes all the fun out of it' really confirmed to me how spoiled they really are.
Everything is about short term satisfaction to them; "i dont feel like it today" "i dont wanna do it today" "a schedule will just take all the fun out of it"
to me, those are the words of spoiled brats. and not 20 and 26 year olds (or however old they are) who supposidly moved to LA "to further their careers" it seems to me they moved to LA to party and have a good time and manybe hire a ghostwriter and start a failed make up line in between shots and shopping trips.

As for the expensive things they own, thats the icing on the cake. people cant say "yea theyre rich but theyre so down to earth" because theyre not.
you can only play up the "whimiscal" act so far before people will want to see actual substance and thats where actual work ethics come in, sadly they have none.
Dang how could I forget to add the blog rant?! That was the end for me. I used to come on here & try to be nice but she really took a crap on everyone with that post.

I totally agree, you don't have to be rich to be a brat. I

have an acquaintance who is on social support & lives with her parents who are also on a disability pension. She's 28 & doesn't work & actually spends her parents pension as well as the money she gets from welfare. They have nothing but to most of our mutual friends she is spoiled bc of how she acts. She will literally scream at them if they don't give her money. I've seen her throw tantrums so she can get drinking money & money for a new outfit to go to the bar, money for her nails etc etc.

The problem with spoiled "kids" is that their parents are too lazy to discipline them. You can see when Blair & Elle say dumbass airhead things, their mom and dad just sigh and smile. They never correct them, just giggle and roll their eyes. I'm not saying they're bad ppl but most kids/adults who are spoiled have lazy parents that can't be bothered to correct them. *also too maybe bc they think they're perfect and share the same thinking and see nothing wrong with it.

molly45
Learner
Learner

Post by molly45 »

Almost every single incident you guys have mentioned is from 3-4 years ago. They were just teenagers. How would you like it if people judged you for the rest of your life because of things you did when you were 16? Not to mention the fact that they've apologized for lots of that stuff, such as the 9/11 tweet.

baconpancakes
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by baconpancakes »

:roll:

Elle was still in her 20's 3-4 years ago. Plus what Blair said gives insight to how ignorant & sheltered she was. Despite apologizing, you can't "unsee" it. An apology is acknowledgment, it isn't absolution.

bspatrol
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bspatrol »

I don't think any of there stuff (for the most part) is fake. With that said it pretty easy to tell if LV logo stuff is fake. Google it. There is the positioning of the logos, they should never fall on a seam, etc. I would think birkin bags are somewhat easier to replicate but I don't think any of E&Bs designer stuff is fake. I think they are millionnaires so really no reason to buy fake bags or shoes.

Return to “Elle & Blair”