RAEview

my5cents
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: RAEview

Post by my5cents »

Omg @1:30. I had this opened up fullscreen cause I was really excited to see the products in action and yikes. The lighting isn't doing her any justice at all. I'm the first one in line for dewy foundations but this just look like a mess. Wasn't a fan or the look either.

Takasan
Learner
Learner

Post by Takasan »

Oh my, this is terrible.
That shows us how Youtubers are really fooling us. How can we accurately judge a foundation or any makeup item when they play so much with lights and angles?
She looks terrible in this video. I would have never suspected her skin to be that bad.
She cakes the foundation on! And the smokey makeup is so-so...
I watched Pony's "semi smokey" tutorial not too long ago and you just CAN'T compare:

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by emmygues »

Why is she wearing a coat while filming? It just makes her look even fuller than usual.

kuchikopi
Informer
Informer

Post by kuchikopi »

my5cents wrote:

Omg @1:30. I had this opened up fullscreen cause I was really excited to see the products in action and yikes. The lighting isn't doing her any justice at all. I'm the first one in line for dewy foundations but this just look like a mess. Wasn't a fan or the look either.
Omg omg. I love dewy foundations too, but she looks like such a greaseball here! I thought her eyebrows were a bit light for her in her other videos with the same angle and lightning, but thought maybe the light just makes her eyebrows look like that. I think she should go a bit (just a bit) darker on her brows, but that's just me. Her brows don't frame her face, it's almost like they don't want to be there, but have to be there.

haze
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by haze »

my5cents wrote:

Perfect example of her brand bias as she didn't say ANYTHING bad about the Burberry products (We know it's sponsored) and she's the type of person who pretends to be meticulous of how her products perform. Her skin looks shitty up close. She has large pores and uneven texture... Looks like her "luxury" skin care products failed her.

And she's still not fooling anyone with her large head/face. When she's not in control of the editing, we can all see what she looks like in reality. Bad skin, puffy face, and no neck.

my5cents
Learner
Learner

Post by my5cents »

^ I was thinking the same. It's insane to think she spends thousands of dollars on SKII and Tatcha products yet her skin is still uneven and textured. Plus all the tools that she uses (like Clarisonic or the Foreo Luna or w/e). She tries to hard to come off and elegant and classy as if anyone classy would be showing off like she does.

Just also want to say how she was praising phycisian's formula to hell and back and yet we haven't heard a peep of any of those products again.

Takasan
Learner
Learner

Post by Takasan »

Yeah that's why I just don't believe in luxury skincare.

As for makeup, I get why people like to collect it, and I also understand the "luxurious" feeling makeup items can have in terms of textures, colors, packaging of course, or seasonal themes. I totally understand.

But to me, skincare products are functional products. I don't see the need to collect them or go for the luxurious ones. There is no such things as the "best skincare", there is only the right skincare products/routine for you, nothing else. I mean a 10$ moisturizer can do the job just as well as a 100$ one, if not better.

Rae used to have a nice skin when she started youtube and in the recent months, it has gotten shittier and shittier. She is better off with whatever skincare she was using at the beginning.

That and her "healthy meals"... pfff.

youtubewatcher1
Informer
Informer

Post by youtubewatcher1 »

She doesn't pay for any products. They're all sent to her, and in exchange she gives them good reviews. In the normal world, this should be explicitly communicated per FTC guidelines. But this bitch is above that, and never puts in any disclaimers.

blublub
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by blublub »

everything about her is pretentious. like one of her recent videos where she admits she had been pronouncing koh gen do wrong all this time, but blamed others for telling her the wrong way AND THEN goes into saying that she got the right pronunciation from actual japanese people when she was in japan. like the average joe off the street could've told you the right way to say it.

there's no one youtuber i actively dislike except for her.

LivingInElysium
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

Post by LivingInElysium »

I just really hate when she laughs at her own "jokes" which aren't even funny. It's just super awkward and her laugh sounds like she's gasping for air.

Excuse typos. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
Should've. Would've. Could've. Should of. Would of. Could of. Should have. Would have. Could have.

ImageImage

kuchikopi
Informer
Informer

Post by kuchikopi »

Anyone else besides me hate the intro of her video? I hate that intro sound so much lol.

I'm trying to figure out what her accent is.. it's different. She pronounces words like "color, highly, very, foundations, open" as if she has something in her mouth. The way she smiles/smirks in her videos annoys me for some reason- I think it's because it reminds me of Marlena.

Blublub- OMG and the way she used to pronounce Koh Gen Do was hilarious! She'd be like, "Kip Gen do" ..girl where the hell do you get Kip from Koh?

spongecookie
Debater
Debater

Post by spongecookie »

How is Koh Gen Do pronounced? I've never seen that brand anywhere in Australia. But lol @ Kip Gen Do.

anakim346
Lurker
Lurker

Post by anakim346 »

spongecookie wrote:How is Koh Gen Do pronounced? I've never seen that brand anywhere in Australia. But lol @ Kip Gen Do.
Koh Gen Do is pronounced Co (like COrporation) Gen (with a hard g, like gamma) Do (like dough)

LivingInElysium
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

Post by LivingInElysium »

Yuck. Her new video on the T3 Micro Twirl 360. The iron actually seems interesting. But the way her hair turned out actually doesn't look that great. It looks like housewife hair to me.

Excuse typos. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
Should've. Would've. Could've. Should of. Would of. Could of. Should have. Would have. Could have.

ImageImage

my5cents
Learner
Learner

Post by my5cents »

kuchikopi wrote:Anyone else besides me hate the intro of her video? I hate that intro sound so much lol.

I'm trying to figure out what her accent is.. it's different. She pronounces words like "color, highly, very, foundations, open" as if she has something in her mouth. The way she smiles/smirks in her videos annoys me for some reason- I think it's because it reminds me of Marlena.

Blublub- OMG and the way she used to pronounce Koh Gen Do was hilarious! She'd be like, "Kip Gen do" ..girl where the hell do you get Kip from Koh?
OMG Yes. I know exactly what you mean. Her latest video in like the first minute you hear her say 'body' and it's weird. I think she tries to sound posh-almost English like if you know what I mean.

blublub
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by blublub »

kuchikopi wrote: Blublub- OMG and the way she used to pronounce Koh Gen Do was hilarious! She'd be like, "Kip Gen do" ..girl where the hell do you get Kip from Koh?
i know right, and if you're going to push the brand so hard to your viewers, don't you think you should at least get the name right? All credibility just flies out the window.

haze
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by haze »

Honestly, who needs a white and rose gold curling iron? It's so pretentious. A normal curling iron would work just as fine, if not better than her crazily expensive ones. LOL at her mispronouncing brands. If she were smart, she would have Youtubed how to pronounce Koh Gen Do, but she didn't because she would indirectly acknowledge that she was wrong and we all know how she loves to be right. A reader posted on her blog about Shiseido's Perfect Whip Cleanser having high PH levels after Rae recommended it on her blog post, and she didn't even update her blog post to let her readers know that the cleanser may not be good for the skin.

She needs to stop pretending like she's a know-it-all in luxury make up cause she's not and get that stick out of her ass. Also, what's with her tilted head in the thumbnails? We all know that she doesn't have a chin but I guess she's trying hard to make us think she does.

CourtneyShane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by CourtneyShane »

I used to watch Raeview every week, but her voice eventually annoyed me and she talks TOOO MUCH without saying anything new! She really thinks she's a great speaker, but she drags on and on without saying anything different than other Youtubers.

She is bloated ass fuck in this Charlotte Tilbury video. I am going to a CT event at Nordstrom and was looking for reviews (I've only purchased lip liners so far) and Rae popped up.

my5cents
Learner
Learner

Post by my5cents »

^ LOL I think she was always bloated. Like her face is just naturally round and puffy, but she tries to shoot from above to make her look slimmer so when we see videos of her face straight on, it looks waaaay puffier. Also she constantly talks about losing weight and stuff, but IDK i don't really see it in her face, although that could just be because everyone loses weight differently so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.

But her makeup tutorials. Ehhh they're always the same for me I'd say. I usually skimmed through the review part and just skip the tut all together

petiteLy
Lurker
Lurker

Post by petiteLy »

Regards to her newest video:

I know they're twins but I can't help but find Patricia 10x more beautiful! I thought she was super cute and not as stuck up-feeling as Rae can come off as.

Return to “P-T”