Your favorite healthy recipes

Flowerbomb
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Your favorite healthy recipes

Post by Flowerbomb »

I guess the title is pretty self-explanatory, isn't it? :) Share your favorite recipes!

mtbjp
Learner
Learner

Re: Your favorite healthy recipes

Post by mtbjp »

I like to make tofu for breakfast its kind of fusion of asian food and mexican :)

The ingredients are olive oil, firm tofu, coriander, tomato, potato, salt and pepper, if you want you can use some jalapeno if you like spicy taste.

I just chop the veggies and fry them with olive oil, then i add the tofu and mash it, add the salt and pepper, and just looks and taste for me like scrambled eggs, if you want you can make tacos but only taste good with corn tortillas.

Chlorophyll
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Chlorophyll »

My favorite healthy recipe is stir fry. Cut up whatever veggies you have and add whatever sauce you have. (Real specific, huh?) :D
I am most likely not going to be returning to the forum in the future! But I would like to thank all of you for the advise, humor, and support I have received during my years of participation here. This place doesn't deserve the hate it gets! :tu:

whoawhoawhoa

Post by whoawhoawhoa »

i love making drinks with chia seeds. you can soak chia seeds in warm water for a few hours/overnight and add them to juices. i love soaking them in teas too to make tea juices.

Chlorophyll
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Chlorophyll »

^Does the drink come out thick, like if you added flaxseed? I've heard they both gel similarly.
I am most likely not going to be returning to the forum in the future! But I would like to thank all of you for the advise, humor, and support I have received during my years of participation here. This place doesn't deserve the hate it gets! :tu:

fossilfinger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fossilfinger »

I spread hummus on a tortilla and then add Quorn (you could do chicken or any other protein), sun-dried tomatoes, and onions. Sometimes I throw in other things like spinach, mushrooms, corn, black beans...it's delish!

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

I just made a really tasty smoothie I thought I'd share - I call it a Pear Ginger smoothie and it's really delicious!
  • 1 cup diced pear (I dice mine up and then freeze them overnight)
  • 1 piece of fresh ginger (to taste - what I use is roughly 1" cubed)
  • 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (may substitute your milk of choice)
  • 1 tblsp virgin coconut oil
  • 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder (unsweetened)
  • 1 tblsp ground flaxseed (for fiber)
  • 1 tsp sweetener (I personally use Z-sweet, but any sweetener of your choice can work)
Blend all together. I have a Ninja Kitchen System that comes with 2 smoothie blending cups and all this fits exactly into one of them. Based on my calculations this is roughly 360 calories.

If you make one, let me know how you like it.

Ilsa Lund
Informer
Informer

Post by Ilsa Lund »

I like making zucchini soup using zucchini, potatoes, carrots, parsley roots and an onion.
I also make smoothies out of one orange, two kiwis and a little bit of water :)
Sometimes I make lemonade using 500 ml of water, one lemon that I peel and slice and sugar - hey at least it's not aspartam :D

Flowerbomb
Learner
Learner

Post by Flowerbomb »

Thank you all for the tips and recipes! I'm definitely going to be trying these, they all sound delicious. :D I'm going to the grocery store tomorrow to get some of the ingredients.

fossilfinger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fossilfinger »

I made an eggplant dish today. I don't really know what to call it. I roasted a cubed eggplant with the oil from a jar of sundried tomatoes, some sundried tomatoes themselves, and mushrooms (plus asparagus). Then I put the eggplant/sundried tomatoes/mushrooms in a skillet, adding a can of tomato paste and just a touch of maple syrup. It actually turned out really good.

I then put the whole mixture into a whole-wheat tortilla with red pepper hummus and ate the asparagus on the side. :)

fossilfinger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fossilfinger »

I'm drooling over the food I made tonight. I haven't tasted it yet but it should be about a week's worth of dinner:

Chicken-less and beef-less strips from Trader Joe's, mushrooms, peas, broccolini, and brown rice with garlic spice blend and teriyaki sauce.

I can't wait to eat this tomorrow I'm so hungry nom nom nom.

EZXIII
Talker
Talker

Post by EZXIII »

I really love making burrito bowls (a smaller portion with less sodium of course).
Brown rice and chicken made with lime and cilantro, low sodium black beans, lettuce, and plain greek yogurt instead of sour cream. I also put some monterey jack cheese as well, but it's not needed.

paintmedance
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by paintmedance »

I like spinach leaves, you can chop them up and throw them in any sauce, any smoothie - you won't taste it.

paintmedance
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by paintmedance »

I like tea as much as any other Brit. :L I'm slightly obsessed really, and I like them all. I don't take milk or sugar or sweetener in any, just the tea on it's own is how I like it. Favourites are darjeeling, ceylon, earl grey and peppermint ^^

BellaJane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BellaJane »

I made the most incredibly divine sandwich for breakfast this morning. I toasted a slice of whole grain wheat bread and mashed up about a quarter of an avocado until it was spreadable, but still chunky. Made a tiny omelet with 3 egg whites, bell peppers, mushrooms, onions, spinach, tomatoes, fresh chopped basil and a pinch of sharp cheddar cheese. Salt, pepper, rosemary and oregano to season. Spread the avocado on the toast (like butter) and then folded the omelet on top of the avocado. I put a bit of Romaine lettuce on top of the omelet because I like the crunchiness. It was so incredibly delicious, barely over 300 calories and kept me so full that I forgot to eat until almost 8 tonight. And I made the exact same thing for dinner.

angelaj0921
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by angelaj0921 »

My new favorite thing to make is grilled chicken and roasted vegetables. Emphasis on the vegetables because I get tired of the chicken lol. But basically I heat the oven up to 425. Put whatever vegetables I have like broccoli carrots sweet potatoes etc in a basking dish. drizzle them in olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic and let them cook until crisp. They come out tasting so flavorful!

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette »

I've been obsessed with this smoothie lately.

- V8 - I have the orange juice, carrots, strawberries flavour or something like that, so it's sweet.
- Frozen mango
- Blueberries
- Half a banana
- Raspberries
- Blackberries
- Water

<3

(I only drink it once a week, normally I would put natural home made orange juice instead of V8 cause I know it's not that healthy)

tamithomas
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by tamithomas »

plain old apples... I go through a 5Lb bag every week or two if I stretch it. lol Major upside being that apples are nature's tooth brush so even if I forget to brush my teeth in the morning Apples do the trick.

herpderpin
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by herpderpin »

^ apples can also wake you up in the morning!

EagleCreekPackItCube
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by EagleCreekPackItCube »

Hooked on my spiralizer, officially. I made this tonight, no egg or sesame seeds though as I'm not a fan.

http://www.inspiralized.com/2013/11/08/ ... -broccoli/

Return to “Food”