So I emailed Ingrid's agent....

ceera1231
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: So I emailed Ingrid's agent....

Post by ceera1231 »

I work in the ad industry for media planning. For a local newspaper I work with, it is $1200 for a half page ad for one day. So yes, advertising is really expensive.

mufflers19
Debater
Debater

Post by mufflers19 »

milodreams wrote:I recently spoke with Lisa Filipelli, the Talent Director at Big Frame in order to find out how much Ingrid charges for a sponsored video. Her response?

$18,000/per video
lisa.jpg

are you fucking kidding me....this bitch...she needs to do more giveaways if she is making that much

friendofafriend
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by friendofafriend »

PrincessBorghese wrote:So, not only do have the poster in this thread saying they know how much Ingrid gets for sponsored videos and a poster on Fleur's thread saying they know how much she made last month...there is also a poster in the EleventhGorgeous thread saying they KNOW that Tracy and Stef will be on TV next year in some type of reality show.

THREE posters in one day suddenly saying they have all this insider information? Something STINKS.

Hi!

Maybe you should look a little bit closer if you want to do detective work?

I am the poster who posted about Fleur AND EG. Both threads came from the same poster- me. So if I wanted to post about Missglamorazzi as well, why would I start a whole new account?

Anyway, I'm done defending this. Believe what you want and have a good day.

Fairycake
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fairycake »

What do you get for those 18k though? A mention in one vid? Two vids? A full review? Weird how she didnt reply with more information.

BellaJane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BellaJane »

Fairycake wrote:What do you get for those 18k though? A mention in one vid? Two vids? A full review? Weird how she didnt reply with more information.
Well if she specifically asked about a sponsored video...I'd imagine it would have to involve a pretty significant product feature. Maybe a full review, maybe a really big spot in a favorites video or a tutorial. There's probably a set amount of time that the product needs to be shown or spoken about, or a specific outline of what needs to be said bout it. I think some companies can get really, really specific with what they want out of a sponsorship.

sunshine21

Post by sunshine21 »

When this is really true I think Ingrid will "only" get like 8.000 $ from that and the rest goes directly to BigFrame. It's still sooo much money.

Betsy
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Betsy »

Damn! I'll be right back, I need to go film my first youtube video.

hambo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by hambo »

Omg that is way more than I expected. I remember awhile back people were saying Elle and Blair charge 5k (if my memory serves me right) per video and I thought that was a lot already.. but now Ingrid charges 18k. No wonder most Youtubers don't go to college or just drop out not long after going. They earn shitloads more than the average graduate and don't have to even worry about paying back student loans.

daddyoh
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by daddyoh »

if this is true and Big Frame is getting more than half of her sponsorship money, she needs to find a new agency.

usernamexhere
Informer
Informer

Post by usernamexhere »

If she really is rolling in dough, why is she wasting her money towards renting apartments rather than buying a house already? Obviously she can pretty much afford a mansion.
"It's a human need to be told stories. The more we're governed by idiots and have no control over our destinies, the more we need to tell stories to each other about who we are, why we are, where we come from, and what might be possible."

MotherRussia
Informer
Informer

Post by MotherRussia »

If the fee were legitimately $18,000, BigFrame would take a big cut from that - more than 15%, I'm sure.

Also, sponsorships are very different from just featuring a product in your video. Sponsorships are an ongoing deal, and it must be explicit. For a sponsorship, I would expect her to dedicate whole videos to the brand / product, and not just rave about them in passing or here and there. I don't think sponsored videos are as common as people on here assume because like I said, there is much more to a sponsorship deal than just reviewing a product or brand in a positive light in a once off or every now and then.

an0n
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by an0n »

HoardganizedJen wrote:
usernamexhere wrote:If she really is rolling in dough, why is she wasting her money towards renting apartments rather than buying a house already? Obviously she can pretty much afford a mansion.
Sadly, even if she's making 250k a year, that's not really "rich" in LA and definitely not enough to afford a mansion (without being house poor)
Yep, there's no way she can afford a mansion in LA right now. As for buying a condo you have to be really careful especially about 1 bedroom ones cause they're really hard to resell, but that being said we don't actually know that she didn't buy this place (I don't think so, just throwing it out there). Also maybe she isn't settled enough and wants the ability to move to different parts of LA.

BellaJane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BellaJane »

an0n wrote:
HoardganizedJen wrote:
usernamexhere wrote:If she really is rolling in dough, why is she wasting her money towards renting apartments rather than buying a house already? Obviously she can pretty much afford a mansion.
Sadly, even if she's making 250k a year, that's not really "rich" in LA and definitely not enough to afford a mansion (without being house poor)
Yep, there's no way she can afford a mansion in LA right now. As for buying a condo you have to be really careful especially about 1 bedroom ones cause they're really hard to resell, but that being said we don't actually know that she didn't buy this place (I don't think so, just throwing it out there). Also maybe she isn't settled enough and wants the ability to move to different parts of LA.
$250,000 is certainly rich, even in LA. The median household income in Marina del Rey (does she still live there?) is barely over $90K. She makes 3-4x that. She's even above the median household income of Calabassas and Beverly Hills. She's wealthy. Sure, she can't afford a multimillion Bel Air mansion, but there are plenty of normal, reasonable houses in good neighborhoods throughout the county that she could easily afford.

However...the housing market in LA sucks and from what I understand many people in LA just don't really buy houses, ever. So I see why she still rents. I would, too, if I was her. She's only 24, there's no need for her to get roped into a mortgage unless she plans on staying put and settling down soon. Which I don't think she does.

AN0N.
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by AN0N. »

don't forgot ingrid has to claim that income on her taxes as 1099 self-employment and that's a biggggggg cut

believe me i would know

BellaJane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BellaJane »

Well the thing is...$250,000 is on the low end of what she's making. If you look at socialblade the upper estimate is almost $600,000. And that's just what she makes from her beauty channel. We're not even taking into account her vlog channel (which is admittedly pretty stagnant as of late, but has certainly made her bank in the past), any of the videos she does for that makeover show, or any other sponsorships or paid appearances that we're unaware of. I don't even think that socialblade takes into account what she's charging for sponsored videos, either.

Homegirl could be pocketing half a mil, easy.

sunshine21

Post by sunshine21 »

Well, if she was able to spend about 3000 dollars on christmas presents for friends (+ a small part of it for family) even last year already she must earn a loooot.

CuriousCat3
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CuriousCat3 »

BellaJane wrote:Well the thing is...$250,000 is on the low end of what she's making. If you look at socialblade the upper estimate is almost $600,000. And that's just what she makes from her beauty channel. We're not even taking into account her vlog channel (which is admittedly pretty stagnant as of late, but has certainly made her bank in the past), any of the videos she does for that makeover show, or any other sponsorships or paid appearances that we're unaware of. I don't even think that socialblade takes into account what she's charging for sponsored videos, either.

Homegirl could be pocketing half a mil, easy.
I totally agree with you! I think she is making wayyyyyyyy more than people realize. Like I said before, I thought she was realistically making 350k-400k per year. i did not realize that sponsored videos pay so much

Post by Guest »

Ah, dammit. Where was I during the Youtuber boom? I was just starting out at my first job out of college (2008). I should've started a channel back then :(

sunshine21

Post by sunshine21 »

Btw. someone said that there would be no way that companies earn enough back when they give her/the agency 18.000 $ but let's see:
Product price: 10 $ -> 18.000/10 = 1.800 -> only 1.800/2.100.000 would have to buy the product.

So when the product is even more expensive they'd only need a few people to buy it and Ingrid has 2 million people watching her. Even with her average view count of 500.000 there should be 200-2000 people that go and buy everything she shows. ;)

sourcherry
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sourcherry »

sunshine21 wrote:Btw. someone said that there would be no way that companies earn enough back when they give her/the agency 18.000 $ but let's see:
Product price: 10 $ -> 18.000/10 = 1.800 -> only 1.800/2.100.000 would have to buy the product.

So when the product is even more expensive they'd only need a few people to buy it and Ingrid has 2 million people watching her. Even with her average view count of 500.000 there should be 200-2000 people that go and buy everything she shows. ;)
Yeah but they don't just have to make back the $18000 that it cost for her to advertise it they also have to make back cost of making the product, the cost of employing people to operate their websites and warehouses and other people that work for the companies wages etc.

Return to “Ingrid Nilsen”