Beautybaby44 Part 7

dulapeep
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Beautybaby44 Part 7

Post by dulapeep »

I figured I'd start a new thread since part 6 was nearly full.

Anyway, I really had hope for her during her Black Friday video. She was dressed so simply but it looked great. And then she decided to wear that awful sweater with nothing under it... :?

byebyebye1

Re: Beautybaby44 Part 7

Post by byebyebye1 »

why wouldn't she turn her heat down on the stove in the video if she kept saying it was too high....turn it down then idiot.

cheesedanish
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cheesedanish »

lindsey would look so much better with minimal fashion, like laurenelizabeth's style. instead, she goes for peplum, circle skirt, and weird patterns, all at the same time. yikes.

are giveaway videos sponsored? i feel like these youtubers are sent money or giftcards to spend on giveaway items

bnx18
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by bnx18 »

she said in her black friday vlog she and her sister had gift cards to Ulta which is where they purchased most of the items for their giveaways, so maybe Ulta sent them a gift card or they could have just had one as a gift.

sourcherry
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sourcherry »

byebyebye1 wrote:why wouldn't she turn her heat down on the stove in the video if she kept saying it was too high....turn it down then idiot.
She did turn it down...
Eggs cook fast and the pan wouldn't cool down quick enough for how fast eggs cook.

Anyway I feel that people that aren't daily vloggers generally edit all the stupid moments in as they probably think its funnier and will attract more viewers. This goes for most beauty gurus that vlog.

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by emmygues »

sourcherry wrote:She did turn it down...
Eggs cook fast and the pan wouldn't cool down quick enough for how fast eggs cook.

Anyway I feel that people that aren't daily vloggers generally edit all the stupid moments in as they probably think its funnier and will attract more viewers. This goes for most beauty gurus that vlog.
That's why the smart thing would be to take it off the heat and put it on the unused burner next to it so it wouldn't be overdone.

MajaTheBee
Learner
Learner

Post by MajaTheBee »

What do you expect from that girl? A chicken's got more brains than her! Even the burnt eggs have more brains than her.

CherryCake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CherryCake »

Instead of talking about the schoolgirl trend, she could've just said plaid/tartan. That was the only thing she focused on for her project although it was supposed to be schoolgirl. Might as well just make it about tartans.

Izabella

Post by Izabella »

I find it so weird when people choose to eat salad on a plate instead of a bowl

blameitonthealtitude
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by blameitonthealtitude »

She's happy she went to FIDM because it's easy. Wow.

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by emmygues »

[youtube][/youtube]

What the hell is this?

justanopinion
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by justanopinion »

I would like that shirt a lot more if it was a proper shirt and not a crop top. I also believe it doesn't do her upper body justice as it makes her shoulders look slightly manly. The skirt is okay, I don't get why she put black with such light colours. I would have liked to see maybe a light denim with it, shorts/jeans or maybe a horrible denim circle skirt she loves. The knee socks need to go. It isn't the best fit with the outfit. The shoes were alright.

DipDipDipMyBlueShip
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DipDipDipMyBlueShip »

CherryCake wrote:Instead of talking about the schoolgirl trend, she could've just said plaid/tartan. That was the only thing she focused on for her project although it was supposed to be schoolgirl. Might as well just make it about tartans.
Also she never even mentioned that the schoolgirl style is influenced by preppy, timeless, traditional style and that the Clueless costume designers modelled the idea off this style and combined it with the girly, high-fashion trends of European runways (all found on a simple Google search). It was not just an idea that magically popped up when wondering what to dress Cher and Dionne in. Also her sentences sound like what markers call 'waffle'. "Los Angeles is unique from other cities because people come here to make their dreams come true and work until they do that. People are successful here because they worked hard to get there". Not only did she use here and there in a sentence together, it also made no proper contribution towards the project. It was more a sentence to fill the page.
blameitonthealtitude wrote:She's happy she went to FIDM because it's easy. Wow.
She literally said "Honestly I really don't have that much work and I thought college was going to be a lot more overwhelming than this and I was gonna like die of work and I've really been able to balance it well. Really, at least for me it has not been that much work so far." It was quite obvious from her presentation that her class is not necessarily college level that most people would expect. I've never taken a class in university, or even my last 2 years of high school where the references/bibliography were just a list of links at the end. No APA, MLA etc style referencing or in text citations, just a list of web links.

I don't wanna sound horribly critical, but it doesn't make her look smart or driven when she says she woke up at 3pm, then worked for an hour on a project and was finished.
RETIRED MODERATOR

CherryCake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CherryCake »

justanopinion wrote:Image

I would like that shirt a lot more if it was a proper shirt and not a crop top. I also believe it doesn't do her upper body justice as it makes her shoulders look slightly manly. The skirt is okay, I don't get why she put black with such light colours. I would have liked to see maybe a light denim with it, shorts/jeans or maybe a horrible denim circle skirt she loves. The knee socks need to go. It isn't the best fit with the outfit. The shoes were alright.
I think she bought that crop top in one size smaller than what would fit her properly. Her underarm-boob area are bulging out.

CherryCake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CherryCake »

DipDipDipMyBlueShip wrote:
CherryCake wrote:Instead of talking about the schoolgirl trend, she could've just said plaid/tartan. That was the only thing she focused on for her project although it was supposed to be schoolgirl. Might as well just make it about tartans.
Also she never even mentioned that the schoolgirl style is influenced by preppy, timeless, traditional style and that the Clueless costume designers modelled the idea off this style and combined it with the girly, high-fashion trends of European runways (all found on a simple Google search). It was not just an idea that magically popped up when wondering what to dress Cher and Dionne in. Also her sentences sound like what markers call 'waffle'. "Los Angeles is unique from other cities because people come here to make their dreams come true and work until they do that. People are successful here because they worked hard to get there". Not only did she use here and there in a sentence together, it also made no proper contribution towards the project. It was more a sentence to fill the page.
I totally thought the same thing about her sentences! They were so basic, not college-level coherent at all. It's weird when i hear her talking about how easy FIDM is and i'm in my room, preparing to study for finals. My finals workload looks a little something like this:

- German: 5 vocabulary lists to memorize, review grammar
- Economics: Understand key terms and concepts, review all chapters, think of research designs for policies that have been implemented in different countries to address various economic and development issues
- IR: (at least) 10 page paper due next Friday on topic to be announced, edit paper due on Wednesday
- Journalism: Interview sources for an article due next wednesday

And here she is, waking up at 3PM and writing circular sentences about neon trends in Singapore. I'm not knocking on fashion/beauty majors at all. It just seems like Lindsey puts so little thought into her work and doesn't really seem to care. I'm glad that college isn't breaking her back, but maybe that's because she's not taking it seriously? In the same vlog, she said she had a big final project due next week which she didn't even want to think about. Does anyone else find that weird? I would at least be doing some research into the topic so that when the weekend comes, all i need to do is consolidate the data and type up the project. Just because the classes and topics are easy, doesn't mean that one should slack and take them lightly.

mhelfman17
Learner
Learner

Post by mhelfman17 »

I think she tries too hard to be "fashionable" and "edgy" and "unique". She looks so much better when she isn't trying so hard, like in her black friday outfit. Instead of throwing everything she finds together, she needs to actually take the time to make sure they look good rather than what she thinks is fashionable.

minty_9
Lurker
Lurker

Post by minty_9 »

She literally said "Honestly I really don't have that much work and I thought college was going to be a lot more overwhelming than this and I was gonna like die of work and I've really been able to balance it well. Really, at least for me it has not been that much work so far." It was quite obvious from her presentation that her class is not necessarily college level that most people would expect. I've never taken a class in university, or even my last 2 years of high school where the references/bibliography were just a list of links at the end. No APA, MLA etc style referencing or in text citations, just a list of web links.

I don't wanna sound horribly critical, but it doesn't make her look smart or driven when she says she woke up at 3pm, then worked for an hour on a project and was finished.

The instructions for the project asked her to "site" her sources... I don't think the teachers at this school are big on spelling let alone in-text citations :P

byebyebye1

Post by byebyebye1 »

That's actually the ugliest and most unflattering outfit I've ever seen on her. Is she serious?

oh wait, yeah she is.

DipDipDipMyBlueShip
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DipDipDipMyBlueShip »

minty_9 wrote:

The instructions for the project asked her to "site" her sources... I don't think the teachers at this school are big on spelling let alone in-text citations :P

^^ hahahaha
RETIRED MODERATOR

ruby_x
Informer
Informer

Post by ruby_x »

byebyebye1 wrote:
That's actually the ugliest and most unflattering outfit I've ever seen on her. Is she serious?

oh wait, yeah she is.
That and the Wildfox sweater she wore as a dress with knee socks. Pretty sure that takes the cake!

Return to “Lindsey Hughes”