annoying things gurus do / annoying behaviors

greed
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

annoying things gurus do / annoying behaviors

Post by greed »

basically just really dumb and annoying things ""gurus"" do in general.

here are mine:

how they all dress the same with whats 'in', yet think they are so original

how they wear band shirts and dont listen to the bands. dont even get me started on that lol

over editing. especially when they literally pause while filming because they know its where theyre going to jumpcut

how they almost go out of their way to find ""indie"" music to show as their favourites to make them look cooler or whatever. ?why???

and finally the amounts of homework they claim to have. im in highschool as well and theres no way you could possibly have so much homework thatd youd be doing it from the moment you walk in till the moment you sleep. bullllllshitttttt

smorespup
Informer
Informer

Re: annoying things gurus do

Post by smorespup »

I hate when they claim people copied them. There are so many beauty gurus, ideas are bound to be repeated. Especially when the ideas are really nothing groundbreaking.

I agree on the homework thing. If you have eight hours of homework a day in high school, you're doing something wrong or you're taking classes that are too hard for you. It doesn't impress me if you make it sound like you spend every waking minute of your life studying because I know it's not true.

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

when they like something and immediately say they're 'obsessed' with it
calm the fuck down
imma ball til the day i fall

TheStrokes
Informer
Informer

Post by TheStrokes »

-Posting their significant other all over social media or including them in videos and then refusing to clarify anything once the relationship goes south
-Cutting abruptly to another scene or choppy editing really gets me going
-Knowing nothing about a actual book/band/ANIME and then pretending that its their favorite thing (I'm uhbsessed with this anime)! Kawaii!!

ceisea
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by ceisea »

I absolutely hate when they open a video with "Hi Guyyyyys". Just gets my eye a twitchin.

PinkCupcake
Learner
Learner

Post by PinkCupcake »

When they miss out on school because of their YouTube "fame". I.e. becoming homeschooled so they can "focus on making videos" or not going to college because they think their 5 minutes of fame will last forever, despite the fact they can clearly afford to get some kind of degree.

NotSoVIP
Informer
Informer

Post by NotSoVIP »

- feature their family member on their makeup video ... with tonne of cheesy action
- staring into the camera after every single step of tutorial.

Elena
Debater
Debater

Post by Elena »

Trying to make the "name" of a product focus on camera! It pisses me off SO much! I mean, show us the overall packaging, read the name of the product/shade outloud and then list it in the description box!!

Does anyone agree? I mean, you're talking about a lipstick called "unicorn".....do i really need to stand there for 20 seconds while you try to get the tiiiiiiny sticker at the bottom of the lipstick to focus? (with your palm behind it of course) and say "come on....focus.....come on......come on.....there we go!....i hope you can see" .
Am i the only one who thinks this is useless and annoying?

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

PinkCupcake wrote:When they miss out on school because of their YouTube "fame". I.e. becoming homeschooled so they can "focus on making videos" or not going to college because they think their 5 minutes of fame will last forever, despite the fact they can clearly afford to get some kind of degree.

This. I know it doesn't have anything to do with me nor does it affect me in any way shape or form, but it just bothers me that a lot of these girls think Youtube is more important than school. Some YT Gurus actually attended regular high school (I think BeautyBaby44 is one of them) while making videos on the side and all that jazz. I just don't see why they think homeschooling is the better route, I tried it once and it was boring. I actually missed regular school, regular teachers, interacting with real kids, etc. They need a life outside of YT, y'know? Leave Youtube at home or whatever and then go to regular school and have a life there.

Another thing I hate is something someone else already mentioned. These young girls who claim to listen to all these older singers and bands make me want to punch my computer screen. Idk how I ended up watching this video, but I watched a haul of a 14...15? year old girl and she was wearing a Nirvana shirt she bought from Brandy Melville and she said in the bitchiest tone "And I do listen to Nirvana, actually" LMAOOO. I bet she only knows one song--the song everyone knows, Smells Like Teen Spirit. Kurt Cobain would be ashamed. Or how they all think it's thuperrr coooolll to listen to vinyls. WOW SO ORIGINAL!!!!

RabbieWingz
Informer
Informer

Post by RabbieWingz »

"Hey guys! Today I'm gonna show you how to do a Back To School makeup look!", proceeds to put on a ton of foundation, blush, eyeshadow, lipstick... And then people wonder why 14 year olds have recently been coming to school looking like they're about to go on a night out! :?

go_further
Informer
Informer

annoying behaviors

Post by go_further »

Do any of you guys find the most little details annoying? For exm: I absolutely fucking HATE when "gurus" or who ever speeds up them talking/ singing so it sounds like a fucking chipmunk (vadisrad does that, jarmaine used to do that, i could name a couple dozen). OH MY GOD! i thumbs down the video IMMEDIATELY.

Chatty Cathy
Informer
Informer

Re: annoying behaviors

Post by Chatty Cathy »

Completely agree about the speeding up.

I have a list a mile long.
  • Camera angle that is either pointed up into their nose or down and they are looking up.
    Sexy clothing, you don't need to show cleavage or bare shoulders to validate your existence to your primarily female audience or any any audience for that matter.
    Constantly apologizing for a hair out of place or the sun going in and out.
    Chipped nail polish make me crazy, it only takes a minute or two to remove it.
    Misleading with words to imply they are not being paid, always adding the word monetary or paid but what about gift cards, points, referral points, free products, gifts? Those are all payments! But it's their 100% honest opinion.
    I am tired of the subscriptions box unboxing, there are so many and everyone does them over and over and over.
    Playing with the hair is obvious, can't you look in the mirror before you hit the film button?
    Showing the name of the product on the product and waiting for the camera to focus. If you tell me the color is Rose Pink by Revlon, you don't need to show me the tiny print.
    I can't stand when they are reviewing something or doing empties and say, "but I found something I like better" and then they don't tell us what it is!

Great_mmm2
Talker
Talker

Post by Great_mmm2 »

It's not a behavior exactly, but when some people use the chipmunk voice and when they are a beauty guru and there isn't a makeup tutorial in sight.

go_further
Informer
Informer

Post by go_further »

Chatty Cathy wrote:Completely agree about the speeding up.

I have a list a mile long.
  • Camera angle that is either pointed up into their nose or down and they are looking up.
    Sexy clothing, you don't need to show cleavage or bare shoulders to validate your existence to your primarily female audience or any any audience for that matter.
    Constantly apologizing for a hair out of place or the sun going in and out.
    Chipped nail polish make me crazy, it only takes a minute or two to remove it.
    Misleading with words to imply they are not being paid, always adding the word monetary or paid but what about gift cards, points, referral points, free products, gifts? Those are all payments! But it's their 100% honest opinion.
    I am tired of the subscriptions box unboxing, there are so many and everyone does them over and over and over.
    Playing with the hair is obvious, can't you look in the mirror before you hit the film button?
    Showing the name of the product on the product and waiting for the camera to focus. If you tell me the color is Rose Pink by Revlon, you don't need to show me the tiny print.
    I can't stand when they are reviewing something or doing empties and say, "but I found something I like better" and then they don't tell us what it is!
YESSS!!! Agree with ALL of these!!!

Great_mmm2 wrote:It's not a behavior exactly, but when some people use the chipmunk voice and when they are a beauty guru and there isn't a makeup tutorial in sight.
ya chipmunk pissed me the fuck off!!!!! haha & yess.

I also hate sponsored videos ALOT. i mean some of them are ok whatever I want to see swatches, but random ass companies that we never heard of- GTFO

freckles mcgee
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by freckles mcgee »

In hauls when they hold up the clothing and you can hardly see it and they say "it's really cute on I swear." Just try it on for us. Is it really that hard?

meowtimenow
Talker
Talker

Post by meowtimenow »

I hate it when they stop talking mid-sentence to swallow. is your mouth so full of spit that you can't make it to the end of your thought?

also, when they're showing a product, and they keep smacking it with their open hand.

usernamexhere
Informer
Informer

Post by usernamexhere »

F**KING SHOWER ROUTINES!! These are completely unnecessary. We all already know how to wash our hair, faces and bodies... they don't need to teach us.

Also, tutorials with "ALL DRUGSTORE MAKEUP!" somewhere in the video title. When I see that it automatically makes me think they are high end snobs and we should be so lucky to watch them make a look turn out amazing with all drugstore items.
"It's a human need to be told stories. The more we're governed by idiots and have no control over our destinies, the more we need to tell stories to each other about who we are, why we are, where we come from, and what might be possible."

barbiesparkle
Debater
Debater

Post by barbiesparkle »

Fake/ forced bloopers esp. when they sing, dance, make multiple goofy faces and the oh so annoying chipmunk voices. (I usually just exit the video right before then.)
Speaking of goofy faces, when their thumbnail has them making 3 or 4 of them (one girl in particular does this all the time; most of you probably know who I'm talking about, ugh.)
When they ramble on and on, making the intro 2 minutes longer than it needs to be; like bitch, I don't care what you ate for dinner last night, it's a haul video, show us what you brought and talk about them BRIEFLY.
When they get constructive criticism confused with "hater comments".

usernamexhere
Informer
Informer

Post by usernamexhere »

barbiesparkle wrote:Speaking of goofy faces, when their thumbnail has them making 3 or 4 of them (one girl in particular does this all the time; most of you probably know who I'm talking about, ugh.)
A lot of them do. Who are you talking about in particular?
"It's a human need to be told stories. The more we're governed by idiots and have no control over our destinies, the more we need to tell stories to each other about who we are, why we are, where we come from, and what might be possible."

barbiesparkle
Debater
Debater

Post by barbiesparkle »

usernamexhere wrote:
barbiesparkle wrote:Speaking of goofy faces, when their thumbnail has them making 3 or 4 of them (one girl in particular does this all the time; most of you probably know who I'm talking about, ugh.)
A lot of them do. Who are you talking about in particular?
MeghanRosette.

Return to “Beauty Guru General Discussion”