Skylark perfume cancelled.

Libra
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Skylark perfume cancelled.

Post by Libra »

I saw this posted in the Volgmas thread, but I thought it deserved it's own topic. Why do you think it was cancelled? Lack of sales? It's crazy how they haven't acknowledged this:
Peacelov3123 wrote:I just saw this in the comment section of Elle's video 1 week ago · Shared publicly

Blush.com just called me to tell me that I will not be getting a full size perfume bottle. I would have never paid that much money for the three rollerballs. I paid that much because Blair and Elle went on an on about how we would be getting a full size perfume in a pretty rose gold color. I can't believe Elle and Blair are letting this happen to all of their loyal viewers who watch their videos and support them by buying their perfume that they raved about. I normally don't buy perfume that I have never smelled before and most people don't. But we trusted Elle and Blair and got disappointed. Please fix this Elle and Blair.  poor minions
Basically, their Skylark perfume got cancelled. The trio was initially $60 and was supposed to ultimately come with a full size of one of them. They are no longer making full sizes. Blush.com is supposed to be refunding.

I then went to the video they made for the perfume and there are other people basically saying the same thing.
WOW! this was such a disappointment. the set was for my little sister, and shes a huge fan! I told her she would be getting it after I made the $60purchase, and since she trusted them I could trust them too. come to find out I get a email from blush.com saying "sorry, we can't decide. so either u can have another set or a refund" REALLY!!! and there is not 1 notice from both elle and blair about this marketing scam. hate to rage. but this wasn't for me this was for someone else, now I have to tell her the bad news.
Also on their facebook:
I called, they are not making the full size bottle, but Blush.com will issue a refund.
Interesting.

fries
Talker
Talker

Re: Skylark perfume cancelled.

Post by fries »

Wow. I was actually going to purchase the rollerballs, but Blush doesn't ship fragrances internationally.
Wishful thinking, but it'd be nice if they would address this and at least show the bottle that they made such a big deal about. It is crazy that they haven't addressed it, but honestly, i'm not surprised.

Dahlia
Debater
Debater

Post by Dahlia »

Wow this is really bad business. But it's not the first time a guru messes up in the business arena. But it seems like the line wasn't doing well. If they are real business people they would address the situation. But that's my opinion

lisa123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lisa123 »

This was my concern when they first introduced their perfumes that there is no grantee that they would make the full size one and send it to customers. Also, there is no guarantee that they will refund everyone.

Libra
Informer
Informer

Post by Libra »

lisa123 wrote:This was my concern when they first introduced their perfumes that there is no grantee that they would make the full size one and send it to customers. Also, there is no guarantee that they will refund everyone.
I am curious about that as well. I wonder if they are only refunding the ones that complain to customer service, and giving credits to others.

devilishtenshi
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by devilishtenshi »

Do you guys think Skylark as a brand is done and over with? Or is it just the perfume didn't do well enough?

Username
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Username »

^^ Not sure about done with, but they definitely lost a lot of customers from this perfume cancellation. People who bought the perfume will be hesitant to buy new products from them in the future.

613kitten11
Learner
Learner

Post by 613kitten11 »

Libra wrote:
lisa123 wrote:This was my concern when they first introduced their perfumes that there is no grantee that they would make the full size one and send it to customers. Also, there is no guarantee that they will refund everyone.
I am curious about that as well. I wonder if they are only refunding the ones that complain to customer service, and giving credits to others.
I know that everybody in Australia will be able to get a proper refund because Australian Consumer Law states something like if the description provided doesn't reasonably match the actual product, you are entitled to a refund no matter where the product was purchased- still a major hassle to do, and I don't know if other countries have similar laws in place, so I'm hoping that Blush just takes responsibility and refunds everybody properly at least.
devilishtenshi wrote:Do you guys think Skylark as a brand is done and over with? Or is it just the perfume didn't do well enough?
I think that this will have caused a really significant and potentially irreparable amount of damage, how significant depends on how Blush/ Skylark/ Elle and Blair handle this whole fiasco. Maybe I'm being pessimistic here, but looking at how limited the line is (there's been like five product sets released in the basically year and a half since the brand was launched?) and its seemingly limited amount of success especially compared to something like EM Cosmetics, or the MakeupGeek line, I can't see Skylark developing into a real thing unless everyone involved sits down and really works out how they can rebuild and ramp things up. Again, whether they have the chance to do that depends on how this perfume thing is handled, this is a crucial PR moment for the brand.
Image Image

TeamCupcakes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TeamCupcakes »

I just went on blush and they don't even have the lip glosses or the one palette that they put out on there. unless they were like limited edition or something. I think they are just going to let this fade into the darkness and not mention anything about it.

I feel they need to address it and offer something in return like that dollar amount and buy something else from Blush or just give people their money back. IMO if they don't talk about this it is going to backfire in their faces big time

Evolve
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evolve »

They really do have to say something. You pimped it out and it didn't work out and now you need to tell people that they're entitled to a refund and how they should go about getting it. Some people will forget they ordered it in the first place, and having blush.com email and call people is fine, but you need to go through your channel that you used to promote it to tell people you're sorry but it's not going to come to fruition. It's not that big of a deal, everyone here knew it wasn't going to pan out, most of us just thought it was going to come to be a disaster AFTER the full size came out. Just address it, apologize, and move on. Staying silent is shady as shit.

nailpolishaddict
Debater
Debater

Post by nailpolishaddict »

They probably wont mention it just like the Beauty Vlogger Bootcamp, they never mentioned it got cancelled.

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by emmygues »

Everyone saw this coming. It's pretty obvious that Skylark wasn't doing very well at all. Look at the cheap packaging and ridiculous pricing and the exclusive deal on blush.com. What the hell is blush.com anyway? Is it a reputable site? I've never heard of it before the Fowlers decided to try to pimp it out. There's no company in the world who have a small shot at staying in business for at least 10 years would come up with a business plan to formulate and release products as they become "ready". It doesn't work that way. Whatever company that the Fowlers signed their names to are ridiculous and unprofessional. You should always have a solid business plan. This is why they are going downhill.

al218
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by al218 »

Maybe this explains their lack of effort in the videos. Too embarrassed perhaps?

Return to “Elle & Blair”