maceyeshadowcombos / My Eyeshadow Consultant / Zabrena

auntiflo13
Has thanked: 0

Re: maceyeshadowcombos / My Eyeshadow Consultant / Zabrena

Post by auntiflo13 »

I missed out what I meant to put in the first place lol ! Just because Zabrena had a couple hundred subscribers on youtube doesn't make her a 'celebrity' - all this 'keeping my child away from the public eye' seems as though she thinks she is some sort of celeb. Not to mention she said she has crazy people watching her channel (??? nice to think of her loyal subscribers as crazy when most are mature ladies over the age of 30). Jaclyn Hill is also under the impression that she too is a celebrity..... it's a misnomer.

Tiffany D said something similar about baby Livvy when she was born - oh there's crazy people out there that could kidnap my baby - it's a risk all mother's have to take - there ARE sickos out there whether you put yourself on youtube or not . Tiff then realised money could be made from vlogging about livvy growing up and she has been in numerous vlogs - mum and baby videos attract a wide audience and loads of toy/equipment PR !
Stay home, stay safe & keep healthy <3

Bchbunnie4
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by Bchbunnie4 »

I like it when tubers keep their husbands and kids off their channel, especially if it's a beauty channel. If I was interested in that stuff I would watch family channels.

And as far as crazy people watching her channel, you don't have to be subbed to her to watch her videos, so that wasn't a snub to her subs...and there are crazy people roaming around the internet.

onionface
Informer
Informer

Post by onionface »

I like it when tubers keep their husbands and kids off their channel, especially if it's a beauty channel. If I was interested in that stuff I would watch family channels.
I feel the same way. I prefer gurus to keep their personal lives private. I don't need to see every nook and cranny of your home, I don't care about your spouse/partner, I don't care about seeing your kids either. If I were on YT, I sure as hell wouldn't show any of those things. I'm a very private person and I think people overshare on social media and yes, you risk your privacy and can endanger yourself and your family by doing such. There are too many crazies in the world today.

SponsoredHorse
Lurker
Lurker

Post by SponsoredHorse »

I understand trying to lose weight after having a baby but my God is she obsessed! Has anyone watched her snapchat? She weighs in every single day, counts carbs and is obsessed with losing all of that weight. She even has a Nanny, wow! Gets to work at home and have outside help at her home. I notice her taste has become more luxury lately when it comes to clothing brands and other stuff. Getting formula overseas and towels only from a name brand hotel is a bit much. Probably good she isn't breast feeding anymore because with her restricted diet may affect the milk.

controlsmiley
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by controlsmiley »

Hello, newbie here. Anyway, I came here expecting people would be talking about how she's plagiarized in the past, and thankfully it's been mentioned. I posted a comment about it two weeks ago on her 70's punk video, I didn't link the article or anything, just mentioned the title so people could look it up if they wanted. I come back to find my comment, and lo and behold, it's been deleted. I wasn't accusing Zabrena of plagiarizing, I even stated in my comment that I thought she just had some part in writing the article. Either it was flagged so bad that it was deleted (highly doubting that), or she specifically went and deleted my comment. Has anyone else had experience with her deleting comments?

yvaine
Lurker
Lurker

Post by yvaine »

Wouldn't have guessed that she was more conservative, then again, I barely watch her. Does she plagiarize all of her "Historically Accurate" videos? Or is that just a few cases?

auntiflo13

Post by auntiflo13 »

Who did she plagiarise from..... I need to have a peek !!!!!!!!! x
Stay home, stay safe & keep healthy <3

yvaine
Lurker
Lurker

Post by yvaine »

auntiflo13 wrote:Who did she plagiarise from..... I need to have a peek !!!!!!!!! x
The links are further back in the thread, the article itself is called "Women's 70's Makeup: An Overview." I definitely know that she plagiarized the 70's punk video from this article, and other people are claiming she plagiarized others.

RavenSkies
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by RavenSkies »

controlsmiley wrote:Hello, newbie here. Anyway, I came here expecting people would be talking about how she's plagiarized in the past, and thankfully it's been mentioned. I posted a comment about it two weeks ago on her 70's punk video, I didn't link the article or anything, just mentioned the title so people could look it up if they wanted. I come back to find my comment, and lo and behold, it's been deleted. I wasn't accusing Zabrena of plagiarizing, I even stated in my comment that I thought she just had some part in writing the article. Either it was flagged so bad that it was deleted (highly doubting that), or she specifically went and deleted my comment. Has anyone else had experience with her deleting comments?
*waves* me.

When Zabrena first announced that she was changing her website to a subscription only model, and gave this BS spin spiel about why that was the best model, I commented to disagree. In my comment I didn't call her any names, and was not derogatory in ANY manner. I simply stated the reasons of my disagreement (which others have echoed here and on other sites), and disappointment in the decision. Apparently she she couldnt handle someone not being a yes-person to her 'great new idea!!!', and deleted my comment. Cutting off constructive, polite criticism is no way to build a brand.

It's also funny to note that when she first changed the model, she promised that non-subbs would still have access to some of the images. now it seems that they're all under lock and key. Good thing I saved the ones I wanted and look good on my skin tone.

Natori_Umi
Learner
Learner

Post by Natori_Umi »

I Ike to watch her especially for the drugstore stuff, but I often feel I can't really see details very well in her videos compared to some other YouTube beauty gurus? That kinda bothers me.

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

following

MissFur
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by MissFur »

I actually really like her. I am so tired of people posting videos at 20+ minutes. Hers are typically under 10 minutes and I really appreciate that. Her videos were the ones that really helped me with my shadow (she was so nice and replied to my questions). And with her dad being ill recently and taking time away from YT, I respect that. I’m excited for her and the new addition on the way!

thatgalrebecca
Stalker
Stalker

Post by thatgalrebecca »

So I was nosey and googled her. It seems she is 35, her birthday is September 12, 1983 and her last name is Beaty.
http://gen.video/blog/youtube-influence ... h-zabrena/
https://www.famousbirthdays.com/people/zabrena.html

I can't find anything on her husband but I don't really care either.

thatsranunculus
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by thatsranunculus »

I've don't really watch Zabrena, but there have been a couple of threads about her recent Twitter behavior over on r/BGCr, if anyone here is interested. She used a slur against Romani people in a video, and when she was told that the word is hurtful she doubled down and started lashing out at people.

"Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's lies. It's probably lies."—Michelle Wolf

smarlo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smarlo »

I came here because of that myself. WTH is her problem? It's like she's had a mental breakdown or something.

Why not just be like "Wow, I did not realize that was offensive! Thanks for pointing it out to me!" ?

It may be the kiss of death for her.
That Girl!

robynleigh333
Learner
Learner

Post by robynleigh333 »

Her lips look painful. I cant help but be fixated on them during her videos.

onionface
Informer
Informer

Post by onionface »

Her lips look painful. I cant help but be fixated on them during her videos.
Her crusty lips drive me crazy! Some people cannot use matte and/or liquid lipsticks and she's one of them. Put some balm over your lips lady!

I saw one of the comments where someone said she looks so well rested for having two kids. Of course she does, she doesn't work outside the home and has a nanny! What mother wouldn't look rested living like that?

Darthwin
Learner
Learner

Post by Darthwin »

]Her latest video of finding her lost bag. I dont mind zabrena, i like her, but i noticed she failed to mention a certain product. Im aware of the backlash for kvd and stuff and she couldve just said hey not using her products anymore, but she completely failed to mention anything.

smarlo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smarlo »

She looks these days like she's losing her hair in the front. Go check it out. Is it just me?
That Girl!

wreckognition
Debater
Debater

Post by wreckognition »

smarlo wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:22 pm
She looks these days like she's losing her hair in the front. Go check it out. Is it just me?
I didn't notice it at first, but I see it in her elf concealer video from today. It looks odd.

Return to “K-O”