jana450
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Vlogmas 2013

Post by jana450 »

lovesabliss wrote:
fondueofyou wrote:It's just so annoying that on one hand she vlogs about being sick and in pain and yada yada but she's 100% fine to go scream her lungs out at the KISS Jingle Ball.
I was thinking the same thing!! I was watching rachel talbott's vlogmas and in her baby shower vlog she mentioned how blair couldn't make it to the shower because she was sick....and yet Blair had time to go to the jingle ball the DAY BEFORE. It just felt like it wasn't the nicest thing to do especially after you were "so excited" for her to have a baby and even planned out what to buy months ago.
Do you really think that it is safe to be around pregnant woman while being sick? Maybe she is feeling better now but she could be still infectious, who knows, it is better not to risk Rachels health.
I personally think that she is not filming vlogmas everyday because her days are probably boring, I feel like she is not doing anything 'super-fun', just some normal everyday things we all do.

Evolve
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evolve »

If she's worried about anyone else's health she probably shouldn't be going to these heavily attended public events and such. I mean, I wouldn't go to my friend's shower either if I was sick because I do worry about infecting others, but I wouldn't be going to holiday extravaganzas either. You never know who is pregnant or whose immune system couldn't take it.

PHAIL
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by PHAIL »

fondueofyou wrote:It's just so annoying that on one hand she vlogs about being sick and in pain and yada yada but she's 100% fine to go scream her lungs out at the KISS Jingle Ball.
And yet there's STILL people to this day who believe her when she whines about being sick, even though every time she schedules herself to make a video or a series or whatever, she magically gets sick and can't do it. To the people here who still buy her bullshit - I have some swampland I'd like to sell you in Antarctica. Interested?

fondueofyou
Informer
Informer

Post by fondueofyou »

Yup, she made that video when she was sick and showed her tonsils because she knows her minions probably don't follow her on twitter to see that it seems like she's perfectly fine .. that way she gets sympathy from the 10 year olds that watch her by saying Blair doesn't have to vlog because of her tonsils.

ElleNiks
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ElleNiks »

I know I shouldn't speculate, but I cannot help it. I cannot help, but think she has some sort of metal health issues. She is so happy and the next minute she is depressed. It just seems so strange.

baconpancakes
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by baconpancakes »

Evolve wrote:If she's worried about anyone else's health she probably shouldn't be going to these heavily attended public events and such. I mean, I wouldn't go to my friend's shower either if I was sick because I do worry about infecting others, but I wouldn't be going to holiday extravaganzas either. You never know who is pregnant or whose immune system couldn't take it.
True but then again, if you're the kind of person who picks up cooties easily (like me) then you might avoid those events for that very reason. I do agree tho, it's pretty ignorant to not attend one event bc you're deathly sick but turn around and attend something else. Just stay home & you'll heal that much faster!

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by emmygues »

Evolve wrote:If she's worried about anyone else's health she probably shouldn't be going to these heavily attended public events and such. I mean, I wouldn't go to my friend's shower either if I was sick because I do worry about infecting others, but I wouldn't be going to holiday extravaganzas either. You never know who is pregnant or whose immune system couldn't take it.
Maybe she should walk around in a bubble so she wouldn't have any excuses not to show up to her commitments. "Oh crap, I said I was going to do this but I really didn't mean it. I'm going to tell everyone I'm sick and my tonsils hurt. No one will know I was screaming at the concert I'm going to later tonight."

pandamonium
Lurker
Lurker

Post by pandamonium »

So she's too sick to vlog but she's not too sick to film terrible sponsored videos. No surprises here.

Evolve
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evolve »

To be fair, she never said she was too sick to vlog. She's just not vlogging and not giving an excuse at all.

BulldogRN
Debater
Debater

Post by BulldogRN »

In her latest video, is her cartier style bracelet real? Those are sooo expensive! I can't understand that kind of life.

fauxfox
Informer
Informer

Post by fauxfox »

It's probably real - these girls seem to throw away massive amounts of money on "status" items like that. Could've been a gift from a guy, too (it's supposed to have a romantic undertone because it's a "lock" bracelet/key-to-my-heart and all that jazz). Oh well - to each their own. I work a real job and probably make more than they do (which took me many years of schooling to accomplish), but I grew up in a family that scrimped and saved and everything was from the thrift store; when I first started making money, I did a lot of stupid shopping too because it was exciting to be able to spend like that, but then I realized that I'd rather have a large bank account and the peace of mind that comes with that instead of some designer crap gathering dust on the shelf. At a certain point, you have everything that you reasonably need - buying more just becomes pathetic. One can go down a dangerous road watching all of these gurus, because you start thinking that you like what they like, and if you have the means, you start buying it. Then when you stand back and look at the situation objectively, you realize that you don't even care about/use most of the stuff that you got. The majority of them are compulsive shoppers who managed to parlay their addiction into somewhat of a sales career.

Anyway, rant over! I originally came on here to say that her latest chevron tape video is so sad. First, it's sponsored (shocking). Second, I love how she's "generously" giving away the canvas that she made - probably because it's totally hideous and she doesn't want it in her condo in the first place. :D

SparklyMuffinUnicorn
Talker
Talker

Post by SparklyMuffinUnicorn »

pandamonium wrote:So she's too sick to vlog but she's not too sick to film terrible sponsored videos. No surprises here.
I think it's prefilmed. It seemed cut off in the beginning and in the end too. Also she tweeted about making a chevron painting weeks ago. No excuse though.

theluckyone

Post by theluckyone »

I agree, fauxfox. Isn't that bracelet like $5k? I just don't understand. I mean good on her and all, or maybe it was a gift, but I guess I'm not at that level of understanding financially. I also blew a ton of money when I got my first job and it was a stupid mistake. Now I live below my means and I'm much happier (and stable) for it. That bracelet could pay my rent for 6 months. It's mind blowing when I think of how much money Elle and Blair are making, especially with Elle getting that Porche.

I think Blair made the best of having to sponsor duct tape, but I agree that the final product was absolutely hideous. haha.

BulldogRN
Debater
Debater

Post by BulldogRN »

theluckyone wrote:I agree, fauxfox. Isn't that bracelet like $5k? I just don't understand. I mean good on her and all, or maybe it was a gift, but I guess I'm not at that level of understanding financially. I also blew a ton of money when I got my first job and it was a stupid mistake. Now I live below my means and I'm much happier (and stable) for it. That bracelet could pay my rent for 6 months. It's mind blowing when I think of how much money Elle and Blair are making, especially with Elle getting that Porche.

I think Blair made the best of having to sponsor duct tape, but I agree that the final product was absolutely hideous. haha.
I don't know. For some reason, I have no problem with elle buying an expensive car, because cars serve a purpose. One piece of status jewelry is insane to me! Obviously, she can do what she wants. That's just how I see it. There's an invisible line that I just never want to cross, even if I have the money. It's scary to me.

Arielle
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Arielle »

theluckyone wrote:I agree, fauxfox. Isn't that bracelet like $5k? I just don't understand. I mean good on her and all, or maybe it was a gift, but I guess I'm not at that level of understanding financially. I also blew a ton of money when I got my first job and it was a stupid mistake. Now I live below my means and I'm much happier (and stable) for it. That bracelet could pay my rent for 6 months. It's mind blowing when I think of how much money Elle and Blair are making, especially with Elle getting that Porche.

I'm wondering if Scotch told her what to do with it for the video? Like maybe they sent her all the instructions for the DIY and she made a video of it. Idk, just seems out of the ordinary for Blair to do that much work for a video :P

ismellreallybad
Learner
Learner

Post by ismellreallybad »

I surprised that Blair hasn't suddenly uped her game in Vlogmas since, according to socialblade, she lost over 5 million views on Fri. I know they were adjusted by youtube for whatever reason, but that's got to hurt the bank.

purplepandora
Talker
Talker

Post by purplepandora »

PHAIL wrote:
And yet there's STILL people to this day who believe her when she whines about being sick, even though every time she schedules herself to make a video or a series or whatever, she magically gets sick and can't do it. To the people here who still buy her bullshit - I have some swampland I'd like to sell you in Antarctica. Interested?
Maybe filming videos causes her so much stress her body just gets sick, lol. I'd love to see her in the "real world".

purplepandora
Talker
Talker

Post by purplepandora »

ElleNiks wrote:I know I shouldn't speculate, but I cannot help it. I cannot help, but think she has some sort of metal health issues. She is so happy and the next minute she is depressed. It just seems so strange.
I agree, noticed that too. Money doesnā€™t love you back.....

Daphne
Learner
Learner

Post by Daphne »

$5k? lol, I don't understand how her mind works, I mean, there's no way I would spend 5k on an ordinary bracelet like that unless I'm a billionaire(yeah, I said ordinary, I don't care if it's cartier, that bracelet looks very ordinary).
Seriously what's the total cost of their expensive stuff? Like $100k? Let's see, chanel bag, chanel watch, chanel sunglasses, lv bag, lv makeup bag, lv suitcase, a bunch of tiffany's, louboutins, prada bag, balenciaga bag, what else did I missed out?

lovesabliss
Talker
Talker

Post by lovesabliss »

BulldogRN wrote:In her latest video, is her cartier style bracelet real? Those are sooo expensive! I can't understand that kind of life.
It's so crazy to see people spending over 5k on a 18 karat gold bracelet especially when the value of gold has gone down over the years. The price of that braclet should normally be in the 2k range. Just because it's made by cartier it's amazing how much they overprice them and than people unknowingly buy them.I mean I know there's certain craftmanship involved but still a 3k markup is ridiculous...

Return to ā€œjuicystar07ā€