My Cleaning & Organization Schedule + Tips for a Clean Home!

baconpancakes
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: My Cleaning & Organization Schedule + Tips for a Clean H

Post by baconpancakes »

There are far worse things happening on this planet. If it bothers you than maybe you should do something proactive like donating your time to a foodbank instead of coming here.

clandestine
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by clandestine »

So you eat food even if its gone bad? Yeah I bet.
And jeez its not hard to tell she was generalizing when giving the number 5. Don't take everything everyone says to be solid fact.

Daphne
Learner
Learner

Post by Daphne »

Yeah unless the food has gone bad than you should throw it away, but she throws away good food on a weekly basis? Or she just never eats them, and wait until they gone bad then throw them away? What's the logic behind this?
It's simple, just eat the food before they gone bad!
Also, the way she talks about she throws away food on a weekly basis like it's a totally okay thing to do, and there are those little girls think Blair is their "role model"?

xxkath
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by xxkath »

I really don't think it's a big deal that she throws out some food. It makes no difference to the starving people in this world if she eats her leftover meal or if she throws it away, either way they still aren't eating.
It could seem excessive to have to go through your fridge on a weekly basis throwing out food you haven't eaten, maybe she should buy less food or buy her food when she needs it rather than doing a big weekly shop. In my first year of uni I didn't have a car so went food shopping once a week and always bought way too much and ended up throwing out tons of stuff, when I had a car in my following years I just went to tesco when I needed something so I was never throwing away good food.

paintmedance
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by paintmedance »

Actually I agree, it really pisses me off that she throws out so much food (at uni I just happened to have had a lecture on sustainability, consumerism, and waste the morning I watched that video). I can never finish my portions either but I always eat them the next day or have someone else eat it. Of course we can't always help chucking food but the way she acted like it was something she just couldn't help really irritated me. If you're regularly throwing out so many meals, something has to change!

clandestine
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by clandestine »

Haha you guys are seriously blowing such a small comment out of proportion. You have no idea how much food she actually throws out. So you can't really go on about her throwing out too much food. Seriously sometimes this site is ridiculous.

paintmedance
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by paintmedance »

But she was speaking like it was totally okay to throw loads of food out all the time and it's really not.

clairebear
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by clairebear »

but like omg she might get fat! :o

Blair is a privleged idiot, she's never had to struggle in her life so I can see her thinking throwing out an excess of food means nothing. She spends thousands and thousands on useless stuff, she doesn't live in the real world and never has. Why should she care about people struggling to eat? I've never even seen her mention doing anything charitable for others and if it was it was probable sponsored.

bspatrol
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bspatrol »

yep they did the Marc cosmetics dating violence video. TOTALLY SPONSORED AND WE NEVER HEARD ABOUT IT AGAIN! LOL

PHAIL
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by PHAIL »

clairebear wrote:Blair is a privleged idiot, she's never had to struggle in her life so I can see her thinking throwing out an excess of food means nothing.
Sounds like a bunch of users here are exactly the same! Pretty disgusted tbh.

baconpancakes
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by baconpancakes »

There's no need to insult other posters, wtf ^

This whole subject is a serious reach. You guys are making it sound like she goes around with a giant garbage bag, emptying out her cupboards on a weekly basis. She said she throws out old takeout and food that's been in there too long. After about 7 days, most cooked/refrigerated food isn't safe to eat (potatoes/rice/chicken for ex.). Some things can't be frozen either so you have no choice but to toss it out.

If we're going to get into the subject of charity, why didn't anyone flip out over her getting rid of her clothes? People need clothes too, but I don't see anyone freaking about how she doesn't donate things. If hunger and poverty bother you then go donate your time and resources & do something about it. Bitching about Blair doesn't feed anyone either :?

Evolve
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evolve »

It's hard to not throw out food that's gone bad when you live alone. Unless you only eat one thing or everything you eat is loaded with preservatives, you're going to have times when you buy a whole thing of celery and only use one stalk before it goes brown. Or buy a bag of tangerines and get sick of them when the bag is half full. Maybe you get the judging your tastes and limits thing perfected some day, but I'm not there yet so I don't expect Blair to be either. Someone starving in the world is sad, but it's not going to be helped by me eating week old fried rice if I'm not feeling it. And if you don't live alone, trust me, it's not the same.

She said she might have five doggie bags in her fridge at the end of the week but she didn't say those were five full meals of perfectly good food, maybe it's five boxes of picked over food she worked on all week. Maybe it's pizza crusts and leftover pita chips.

If you don't throw out anything, good for you, you win and save more money than those of us who do. But in the interest of keeping my fridge clean, I'm still going to go through it and clean it out every week. If you want my stale pizza crusts just give me your address and we'll work something out.

613kitten11
Learner
Learner

Post by 613kitten11 »

Evolve wrote:It's hard to not throw out food that's gone bad when you live alone. Unless you only eat one thing or everything you eat is loaded with preservatives, you're going to have times when you buy a whole thing of celery and only use one stalk before it goes brown. Or buy a bag of tangerines and get sick of them when the bag is half full. Maybe you get the judging your tastes and limits thing perfected some day, but I'm not there yet so I don't expect Blair to be either. Someone starving in the world is sad, but it's not going to be helped by me eating week old fried rice if I'm not feeling it. And if you don't live alone, trust me, it's not the same.

She said she might have five doggie bags in her fridge at the end of the week but she didn't say those were five full meals of perfectly good food, maybe it's five boxes of picked over food she worked on all week. Maybe it's pizza crusts and leftover pita chips.

If you don't throw out anything, good for you, you win and save more money than those of us who do. But in the interest of keeping my fridge clean, I'm still going to go through it and clean it out every week. If you want my stale pizza crusts just give me your address and we'll work something out.
So much of this. Restaurants often serve massive portions that you just can not finish, and sometimes the food tastes weird after being in the fridge, or it's not really particularly good for you so you don't want to eat it multiple times a week, or you just don't feel like having it. It happens and it's not a crime nor does it make her a bad person at all. It's not like Blair is buying a fridge full of food, not eating it on purpose, and then throwing it out for fun. Get over it.
Image Image

paintmedance
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by paintmedance »

I understand how it's hard to use up food, especially when you're only feeding yourself. But the subject still bothers me. About one third of our global food supply goes straight to waste. It's not just money, it's resources, and pollution. It bothers me. I didn't mean to offend anyone though. Lets drop it.

I do wish Blair would be more aware of this stuff since she has an audience. She did do that one eco video sponsored by that water bottle filter thing, anyone remember?

Silver Rose 39
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Silver Rose 39 »

paintmedance wrote: She did do that one eco video sponsored by that water bottle filter thing, anyone remember?
Yea I remember that one, she said that she'd wanted to make a video about the environment ever since she started her channel. It only took her 3 years and a sponsorship to get round to it. She also said that she was going to use the 'water bobble' everyday instead of her ordinary water bottle, she did a 'what's in my bag' a few weeks later and she had an ordinary water bottle. The water bobble was never seen or heard about again.

xxkath
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by xxkath »

Silver Rose 39 wrote:
paintmedance wrote: She did do that one eco video sponsored by that water bottle filter thing, anyone remember?
Yea I remember that one, she said that she'd wanted to make a video about the environment ever since she started her channel. It only took her 3 years and a sponsorship to get round to it. She also said that she was going to use the 'water bobble' everyday instead of her ordinary water bottle, she did a 'what's in my bag' a few weeks later and she had an ordinary water bottle. The water bobble was never seen or heard about again.
Hahaha! Classic Blair!

Evolve
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evolve »

She did a video once about making little bags to give out to homeless people that wasn't sponsored. She did get some flack for it....or not so much flack as people fighting about what's appropriate to give to other people or whether it's appropriate to hand things out at all. At the end of the day it was a good video with good intention, but it kind of got lost in the Blair firestorm.

Peacelov3123
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Peacelov3123 »

When did Blair do this ? I think you are mistaken!

Evolve
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evolve »

I can't access youtube from the computer I'm at now, but I'm 100% sure she did. It was called "DIY: Blessing Bags + Giving Back During The Holidays!"

Silver Rose 39
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Silver Rose 39 »

Peacelov3123 wrote:When did Blair do this ? I think you are mistaken!
They're not mistaken. Around this time 2 years ago, I think it was 2 years ago anyway, definately AFTER she moved to LA. Blair made a video basically saying that she's made a bunch of ziplock bags filled with travel size deodorant, mouthwash etc and said she was going to keep them in the back of her car to give out to homeless people, or something along those lines.

I went looking for the video, but blair must have deleted it.

Return to “juicystar07”