Perfume Trio purchasers not receiving full size!

aggieyorkie
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Perfume Trio purchasers not receiving full size!

Post by aggieyorkie »

I've noticed a huge amount of people on Twitter and in the comments of their videos asking when they would receive the winning full size fragrance from the skylark set....no replies from e&b of course, but I did see this and it doesn't surprise me in the least.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ariadne38
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Perfume Trio purchasers not receiving full size!

Post by ariadne38 »

I am glad that blush offered a way out of this mess with the refund. I am so glad the fragrance is not coming. I ordered one in July but, in the meantime, I decided to go natural and organic with beauty products so I would not use the fragrance now since it is totally synthetic. I was consoling my self about the loss of the money and felt I would just display the bottle. We did not even get to see the bottle that Elle and Blair spent so much time designing. It was supposed to be so special. In the end, it is nothing.

ariadne38
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by ariadne38 »

I would also like to add that I feel that they owe their subscribers and customers an honest and open explanation about this development. You must be impeccable with your word. This is very disappointing.

Username
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Username »

ariadne38 wrote:I would also like to add that I feel that they owe their subscribers and customers an honest and open explanation about this development. You must be impeccable with your word. This is very disappointing.
They won't publicly announce to their subs that they won't be receiving the full size bottle. If they do, it'll be a small little tweet, but definitely not a video. It would be beyond embarrassing to tell everyone their fail of a product. It'll also hurt the image and of their brand. They have a track record of avoiding to admit their wrongdoings. As usual, they'll ignore it, and hope everyone moves on.

sugarandspice
Learner
Learner

Post by sugarandspice »

How do they live with the knowledge they're letting loyal followers and even fans be disappointed and do nothing at all about it? Maybe, just maybe, the failure was none of Elle's and Blair's fault, but they still should by all means feel the need to say what is going on, clarify the situation, make apologies and promise -and follow up- to improve. When you make it appear as though the company was created by you, you HAVE TO own up to the mistakes it makes- because it's a wrongdoing you make. They can tell themselves all they want that people are mean for expecting them to keep their words about self-imposed video schedules and the likes- but how does that already extremely one-sided and flawed mentality apply when those people actually become paying customers? You just let Blush.com clean up your messes and pretend it never happened. Sickening.

Sunset123
Debater
Debater

Post by Sunset123 »

they're just not very smart and thats what it boils down to..
WHY in the world would someone take your opinion on your own product??
they shouldve sent it out to other gurus to review ( like how MP did with her line), take more marketing intiatives, DO SOMETHING. They keep adding to their list of failures and turn around to do late, sponsered, half-assed videos, start blogs and never post and so on...
what they dont understand is YT should be their only pirority. Running off to be extra's in a movie and getting involved in so many unpractical projects (that ultimately fail) andncalling it a pirority is ridiculous.
without youtube they would be unheardof, and wouldnt get any of the oppertunites they get.

613kitten11
Learner
Learner

Post by 613kitten11 »

Sunset123 wrote:They keep adding to their list of failures and turn around to do late, sponsered, half-assed videos, start blogs and never post and so on...
what they dont understand is YT should be their only pirority. Running off to be extra's in a movie and getting involved in so many unpractical projects (that ultimately fail) andncalling it a pirority is ridiculous.
They've been spreading their eggs into too many baskets. They need to decide what they want to do from here, and focus on that almost fully whilst still not abandoning their YouTube channel because it provides them with a large audience and a large number of consumers.

For instance, if they were really as keen on their cosmetics line as they originally sounded and they wanted to do Skylark, they should have produced a number of product for their line (I personally think the "one product at a time" approach really reduces the appeal of the brand because there's less choice for the consumer, and also the talk on a single product dies out quickly), they should have sent products out for review, increased marketing beyond telling their subbies that the product existed, and in my opinion they should have found an existing makeup brand to back them. Unfortunately I think that they approached this in the wrong way and I don't think that everything was considered as deeply as it should have been. They needed better PR, a wider range of products to begin with (or at the VERY least products that came out more frequently), and as it seems with this perfume fiasco, better management.

A lot of people talk about all of the opportunities that Elle and Blair have gotten through YouTube and hate on them for not being grateful but in a sense I think the vast range of limited opportunities they've had has been a bit of a curse. Being shown all of these potential avenues would be confusing and exciting and I don't blame them for running every which way, trying to grab onto all that they can, but I do think that it has limited their business capacity, and their ability to grow into something that isn't YouTube.
Image Image

Post by Guest »

It was a failure because it was too expensive. Did they really think all of their subscribers were rich little teenagers? Seriously, majority are probably from average income households who get $10 pocket money. They should have priced it similarly to drugstore rather than high end.

Secondly was their packaging, their demographic is 13-18 yet their packaging looks like something a 30+ year old is interested in. It's also only sold online, not even wealthy adults want to buy high end makeup that they can't see in real life without having some brand loyalty.

Finally they didn't bring out the perfume because I reckon they only got 100-300 orders, there's not enough money to design, develop and manufacture a product that hasn't sold well enough in the first place.

Just my take on it though.

baconpancakes
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by baconpancakes »

613kitten11 wrote:
Sunset123 wrote:They keep adding to their list of failures and turn around to do late, sponsered, half-assed videos, start blogs and never post and so on...
They've been spreading their eggs into too many baskets. They need to decide what they want to do from here, and focus on that almost fully whilst still not abandoning their YouTube channel because it provides them with a large audience and a large number of consumers.

For instance, if they were really as keen on their cosmetics line as they originally sounded and they wanted to do Skylark, they should have produced a number of product for their line (I personally think the "one product at a time" approach really reduces the appeal of the brand because there's less choice for the consumer, and also the talk on a single product dies out quickly), they should have sent products out for review, increased marketing beyond telling their subbies that the product existed, and in my opinion they should have found an existing makeup brand to back them. Unfortunately I think that they approached this in the wrong way and I don't think that everything was considered as deeply as it should have been. They needed better PR, a wider range of products to begin with (or at the VERY least products that came out more frequently), and as it seems with this perfume fiasco, better management.

A lot of people talk about all of the opportunities that Elle and Blair have gotten through YouTube and hate on them for not being grateful but in a sense I think the vast range of limited opportunities they've had has been a bit of a curse. Being shown all of these potential avenues would be confusing and exciting and I don't blame them for running every which way, trying to grab onto all that they can, but I do think that it has limited their business capacity, and their ability to grow into something that isn't YouTube.
I totally agree with everything you said!

The part I bolded: I think ppl hate on them for pissing away the opportunities. I don't "hate" on them for being ungrateful, I get mad bc they don't seem to comprehend what they've been given (in the sense of taking care of it, growing their brand & being consistent, not "they need to show more gratitude" iykwim).

I think these two get in their own way A LOT. They think they're too good to collaborate with other YTers', they didn't send out product bc they don't really know what their doing & haven't got many friends with pull in the beauty community (I mean real friends, and not just ToneItUp & NikkiP). For whatever reason, they don't have people helping them. Whatever partnership they have is not working very hard to promote them. Elle & Blair don't seem to have any consultant at all. Otherwise if they did, I doubt they'd be in this mess.

baconpancakes
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by baconpancakes »

*I also wonder if they can't get into legal trouble for having asked upfront for the money before they even produced the product? I mean, who the hell does business that way :?

If this were a local shop in a hometown, the local news would be banging on their door. The local ombudsman would be all over their asses & rightly so.

Evolve
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evolve »

We'll, everyone that uses kickstarter does so I don't think it's illegal. It's just shitty business all around since you have unhappy customers AND lost money as a business on the whole deal.

Return to “Elle & Blair”