bubbledre4m
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: The Vent Thread Part 4

Post by bubbledre4m »

I feel well and truly heartbroken.

Basically. There's a guy (one of my best friends, we'll call him 'A') I've liked for ages, since I met him last year, and in October me, him and some of our friends went out together. We were both drunk and we ended up kissing and cuddling, but afterwards he never said anything about it so I asked a mutual friend to try and find out if he liked me back. Apparently A said he didn't want to get involved with someone he was doing the same college course with (we are both doing the same course). Fair enough, I left it at that.

In December we went out again and again, he kissed me and things progressed and we ended up having sex (he was my first). Of course, I was vulnerable and I fell for him again. Again, he said nothing about it. Our mutual friend got mad at him and said what he did was unfair and that he was playing with my feelings. A agreed and said it wasn't fair of him.

Yesterday we ended up going to the pub, and it was just me and A. We only had a few drinks but I got the courage to tell him I felt some tension between us and he agreed. We ended up kissing again and he held my hand.

Today I messaged him and I asked him how drunk he was yesterday. He said 'very'. I feel heartbroken and like he's disregarding my feelings. I want him so badly it's unfathomable to me that we aren't together. Other guys have asked me out but I've said no because I can't stop thinking about A.

I don't know what to do. I just want to know if there is hope maybe once we finish the course he'll ask me out. I just want to know does he feel the same way about me. UGH why do I allow myself to be played with like this? I don't know what to do.

kathpt
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kathpt »

@bubbledre4m it can be one of two things, he's either taking advantage of you, or he's scared to jump into something. He's not 'seeing' other people, is he?
My advice would be for you to stay far far away from him when either or both of you are near alcohol. Maybe you could approach him and ask him if he's genuinely interested in you? Maybe get one of your friends to ask him if you don't feel like you can do it? Either way, stay away from him for a while. It's clear that it upsets you when something happens and then it ends up not going anywhere. Good luck! <3

bubbledre4m
Learner
Learner

Post by bubbledre4m »

kathpt wrote:@bubbledre4m it can be one of two things, he's either taking advantage of you, or he's scared to jump into something. He's not 'seeing' other people, is he?
My advice would be for you to stay far far away from him when either or both of you are near alcohol. Maybe you could approach him and ask him if he's genuinely interested in you? Maybe get one of your friends to ask him if you don't feel like you can do it? Either way, stay away from him for a while. It's clear that it upsets you when something happens and then it ends up not going anywhere. Good luck! <3
Thanks for replying, it means a lot to know someone is listening.
I should've mentioned not only is he very lazy but he's also very shy and awkward and doesn't know how to talk to girls. I know he's not texting/kissing/hanging out with any other girls (our mutual friend found this out) so that makes me feel a bit better. I don't think he's had a girlfriend since he lived in the US (about 3 years ago maybe) so maybe it's that.

I think I should say something to him and tell him he hurts my feelings and I just want clarity. The worst thing is, our graduation is coming up on May 1st and he asked me was I bringing anyone and when I said no he said 'That's good' and smiled. I guess I'll just have to see what happens and try to distance myself. Thanks :love2:

bubbledre4m
Learner
Learner

Post by bubbledre4m »

Sorry for the double post but also, whenever we're in a group of friends when he's talking he'll look at me and talk to me the most and for the longest, and whenever we're engrossed in a conversation his eyes sparkle and he smiles a lot while talking to me. Surely all these signals count for something?!

kathpt
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kathpt »

To me it sounds like he likes you but is scared to take the step. Like I said, maybe stay away from him for a while see if he does something and then maybe then have a serious conversation with him? Him being shy and awkward definitely doesn't make things easier for him OR for you.

tamithomas
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by tamithomas »

So tired of negative nancy's. Just because you find life is shit you don't need to make everyone else try to see it that way. Some of us still see the good in it no matter what shit we go through. Go be miserable elsewhere..

Before people attack me for being cold hearted, this person never sees the good side to things no matter what it is. Example, their views on helping someone out in need is "why bother? just because you do something good it does not automatically mean something good will happen to you".

oceanic
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by oceanic »

dazzle wrote:Image
No one was offended by your opinion or your beliefs. And for the record, I agree that they should have stuck to the original story as it was written down. Doesn't have anything to do with whether people believe it to be true or not.

Besides, this topic was already over, you didn't have to bring it up again.
Sorry, I was apologizing for starting an argument that wasn't necessary and for a mod to get involved. There's no need to be rude about it.

oceanic
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by oceanic »

^ I can't edit my post above, but I didn't mean for it to sound bitchy, sorry.

dazzle
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by dazzle »

It's okay, the whole thing accidentally kind of got out of hand :)
I'd rather drink a cup of acid after chewing on a razor blade.

Skogs
Informer
Informer

Post by Skogs »

Let me just vent about how fucking perfect Natalie Dormer was in the role as Anne Boleyn in The Tudors, how much I miss that show, and how dazzle's avatar reminds me of it everytime she posts :D She WAS that show. After season two, I was like: "What now?" There was just no way the season with Jane Seymour was going to be anywhere near as good.

Tudor England. I swear, one day I'll write a book set in those times. It'll be a shitty book with my 3rd language grasp of english and plenty of mistakes, but I still will :love2:

Post by Guest »

The next few weeks are going to be so grim that being brutally murdered sounds like a pretty decent option at the moment.

HattieChaos
Naughty
Naughty

Post by HattieChaos »

^^Came here to post the exact same thing. EXAMS. :(

dazzle
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by dazzle »

Skogs wrote:Let me just vent about how fucking perfect Natalie Dormer was in the role as Anne Boleyn in The Tudors, how much I miss that show, and how dazzle's avatar reminds me of it everytime she posts :D She WAS that show. After season two, I was like: "What now?" There was just no way the season with Jane Seymour was going to be anywhere near as good.

Tudor England. I swear, one day I'll write a book set in those times. It'll be a shitty book with my 3rd language grasp of english and plenty of mistakes, but I still will :love2:
Yes, I love Anne Boleyn and I love Natalie Dormer and Natalie Dormer as Anne Boleyn was just flawless. I knew her time on the show had to end for obvious reasons, but still :( I watched the other seasons but they really weren't as good, even though I do like Anne of Cleves and Catherine Parr a lot :|
I'd rather drink a cup of acid after chewing on a razor blade.

dulapeep
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by dulapeep »

I went on a date last night and the guy was incredibly obnoxious. Not to mention a creep--I literally caught him ogling my chest, bug-eyed, multiple times. Look, I get that I have big boobs and people will look at them. Even my friends look at them because it's just something to look at. Whatever. But to literally stare at them? Yuuuuck. Needless to say, there will be no second date.

tamithomas
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by tamithomas »

I hate it when vaccine pushers bitch about people not vaccinating their kids but then are the same ones who haven't had booster shots in forever. There's a word for that: hypocrite. Practice what you preach or stfu.

My Mom being one of them. She's the "Go,go, go medicine!" but in my whole life have yet to see her get a shot herself. This recent trend makes it seem like vaccinating is for kids only. Um no, that's not how this works... Vaccines don't work if only kids are vaxxed, it has to be everyone or no one at all so quit bitching about kids not being vaxxed like the parents are the only ones at fault.

angelaj0921
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by angelaj0921 »

My boss made me really freaking mad today. She's always pretty cold and nit-picky but most of the time I just let it roll off my back. But, today she really made me mad. I spent a lot of time money and effort doing something, and her respsonse when I came in today was that it looks horrid! She told me it looks horrible multiple times. That really actually hurt my feelings because I don't think it looked horrible and neither did the other people I work with. In fact, I got many compliments. It just makes me mad and sad at the same time. How could she be so cruel. Don't get me wrong I understand what constructive criticism is and that it's needed but what she told me wasn't constructive at all she was just being mean for the heck of it like she always is and it made me sad. :(

sandyfrink
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by sandyfrink »

angelaj0921 wrote:My boss made me really freaking mad today. She's always pretty cold and nit-picky but most of the time I just let it roll off my back. But, today she really made me mad. I spent a lot of time money and effort doing something, and her respsonse when I came in today was that it looks horrid! She told me it looks horrible multiple times. That really actually hurt my feelings because I don't think it looked horrible and neither did the other people I work with. In fact, I got many compliments. It just makes me mad and sad at the same time. How could she be so cruel. Don't get me wrong I understand what constructive criticism is and that it's needed but what she told me wasn't constructive at all she was just being mean for the heck of it like she always is and it made me sad. :(
Did you get you're hair done? Because my old boss has done that to me one time when I came in to work the day after I got my hair done.

angelaj0921
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by angelaj0921 »

sandyfrink wrote:
angelaj0921 wrote:My boss made me really freaking mad today. She's always pretty cold and nit-picky but most of the time I just let it roll off my back. But, today she really made me mad. I spent a lot of time money and effort doing something, and her respsonse when I came in today was that it looks horrid! She told me it looks horrible multiple times. That really actually hurt my feelings because I don't think it looked horrible and neither did the other people I work with. In fact, I got many compliments. It just makes me mad and sad at the same time. How could she be so cruel. Don't get me wrong I understand what constructive criticism is and that it's needed but what she told me wasn't constructive at all she was just being mean for the heck of it like she always is and it made me sad. :(
Did you get you're hair done? Because my old boss has done that to me one time when I came in to work the day after I got my hair done.
No, I decorated the bulletin board for my classroom. It took a lot of time and effort and she literally told me it looks horrible multiple times. I wanted to just say forget it and rip the whole thing down lol

Halloween
Informer
Informer

Post by Halloween »

So... Anyone here have any experience dating a co-worker & is willing to offer some advice/guidance? Haha, I keep telling myself it's a bad idea to get involved but, ugh... I already know this certain co-worker in question is attracted to me, and it's definitely reciprocated, but it just seems like trouble all around. I don't know if I should just go for it or not.

sandyfrink
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by sandyfrink »

Geeze, I hate when people know that they rank "superior" to you and feel like just because of that they can do/say whatever they want to you and it's always because they are on a power trip.

Return to “Absolutely NOTHING To Do With Gurus”