Nikki Phillippi Part 6

michelle
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Re: Nikki Phillippi Part 6

Post by michelle »

Why did I watch the latest vlog? First of all making fun of the woman for mentioning that she makes herself presentable to go to Wal-Mart? I know it's a foreign concept to Nikki, but some people actually take pride in their appearance when they leave the house. It also seemed like she was putting the lady down for shopping at Wal-Mart in general, when later in the video that's where they end up. And what was the point of the orange juice "story"? To prove that she eats soooo much better than her sister? When in fact all they eat is prepackaged garbage? And sorry Dan, sitting in a closet on a racing simulator is not the same as going to the track and actually driving, maybe he can get a closet NASCAR license?

angelaj0921
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by angelaj0921 »

lurkerdoodle wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

Anyone willing to summarize? It's 20 minutes long. I'm not a masochist.
-She has back pain so she had to get a massage and then get in the hot tub to film because it makes her happy
-So she had to make Dan hold the camera...blah blah blah
-Gives list of things to make you happy
1)Do something beauty wise- so she blabs about getting a pedicure
2) Take a long, hot shower and use it as spa time....new shower routine coming soon!
3) Make some type of smoothie or juice to make you energized through "live food"
4) Reads her Bible and journal; or listen to inspiring podcast
5) Go see friend if you're sad
6) She's a hypochondriac so she gets a massage and she doesn't feel bad about taking care of herself...she goes on and on about pampering herself :x
7) She says when she's bored she thinks she's sad so she tries to find something exciting to learn; she wants to learn piano now; Dan jokes and says her crooked pinkies will make it difficult to play
8) Workout; quotes legally blonde then talks about taking walks
9)Says you should get into a really good tv show and of course uses this to plug her netflix link
10) She says sometimes you need to be sad and can't be happy etc etc

Wow that was freaking long and she talks SO much. She didn't pre-film most of the videos so I'm sure most of them will probably not be up on time. :roll:

angelaj0921
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by angelaj0921 »

michelle wrote:Why did I watch the latest vlog? First of all making fun of the woman for mentioning that she makes herself presentable to go to Wal-Mart? I know it's a foreign concept to Nikki, but some people actually take pride in their appearance when they leave the house. It also seemed like she was putting the lady down for shopping at Wal-Mart in general, when later in the video that's where they end up. And what was the point of the orange juice "story"? To prove that she eats soooo much better than her sister? When in fact all they eat is prepackaged garbage? And sorry Dan, sitting in a closet on a racing simulator is not the same as going to the track and actually driving, maybe he can get a closet NASCAR license?
Haha! You post is totally on point!

Ilsa Lund
Informer
Informer

Post by Ilsa Lund »

She talks about those podcasts in about every "inspirational" video :D

PrncssProtnPowdr
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by PrncssProtnPowdr »

Nikki's "happiness" doesn't seem genuine. Even she admitted that it really isn't. Why would anyone take advice from someone who doesn't even really know what they are talking about? It gets me all of the time with Nikki and her followers. She isn't qualified to give advice on dieting, exercise, makeup, decorating, fashion, marriage, or really anything. She should do a "how to make money doing nothing" January instead.

I have to add that a lot of gurus aren't really "qualified" at what they talk about but at least they seem knowledgeable and put in some effort.

Marion1
Learner
Learner

Post by Marion1 »

what a bluh happiness video...

First of all, I don't believe in happiness, eternal, anytime happiness that is.
I believe in happy moments though.
The things she mentioned is either to do them when you feeling down to give you an uplift, or when you are bored to death.

But things like learning to play piano? Ok, you can get some satisfaction out of it, stop be bored etc, but it requires some determination, it's not like "wow, this week/month I am going to learn how to play the piano". I felt she put it in the same category as getting a massage or pedicure. So clueless, she'd better stop talking...

And I bet she's pretty happy. Proof is she doesn't feel the need to take showers. 8-)

telle0x
Informer
Informer

Post by telle0x »

That happiness video applies to very few people. I mean yes, taking the time to take care of yourself and relax is a good (and obvious one). But the whole hot tub, pedicure, long walks, fresh smoothies & endless pampering of this video is not realistic for a lot of people- Yes I know that people can take and adapt the points to their own lives, but a lot of these "happiness makers" seemed to be rooted in superficial things that are already a big part of her life. People with kids, or real jobs, that aren't in sunny California, with day after day of free time, will likely look at this and roll their eyes.

It was not a bad video - the monthly topic itself is bad, because happiness is so subjective, and she is assuming that most people live the same kind of lifestyle, and have the same values, as her.

isanami
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by isanami »

telle0x wrote:That happiness video applies to very few people. I mean yes, taking the time to take care of yourself and relax is a good (and obvious one). But the whole hot tub, pedicure, long walks, fresh smoothies & endless pampering of this video is not realistic for a lot of people- Yes I know that people can take and adapt the points to their own lives, but a lot of these "happiness makers" seemed to be rooted in superficial things that are already a big part of her life. People with kids, or real jobs, that aren't in sunny California, with day after day of free time, will likely look at this and roll their eyes.

It was not a bad video - the monthly topic itself is bad, because happiness is so subjective, and she is assuming that most people live the same kind of lifestyle, and have the same values, as her.
Agree 100% with you.

That video was stupid.
She should have called it "10 ways to feel better" or something like that. I mean, you can watch a movie/tv show/get a pedicure/take a shower and feel better for a moment but not happy. What happens when it's over? You feel like crap again. Maybe it could apply to her superficial and materialistic lifestyle, but personally none of the things she mentioned would make me happy.

Again, stupid. :roll:

angelaj0921
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by angelaj0921 »

I think the way she throws around happiness is just wrong. Happiness is not a permanent state of emotion. It's something that you feel in the moment. Joy is more the word you're looking for when you're looking for that permanent state of contentment. If something bad happens obviously you can't be happy, but if you're overall content with your life and where you're at in your life then you can have joy even in bad times At least that's how I've always looked at it.

Off topic, but that girl who was in Nikki's vlog the other day put out a video on how she went blonde in about a month. Maybe Nikki should take some pointers. Lol
[youtube][/youtube]

angelaj0921
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by angelaj0921 »

^Also, if you watch this girl's vlogs she is literally like a Nikki clone with the same annoying phrases and all. (Woot woot, Byeee) I am Not a fan of her. :?

sameowtha
Learner
Learner

Post by sameowtha »

okay so i was up WAY to late last night and posted that while in a sleeping pill fog so i apologize for being appalled by nikki not taking her makeup off first lol.
Also wanted to say about her happiness video.
Yes those things are superficial and not everyone can go out and do those things, but you need to treat yourself. I am broke ass broke, but i still find time to go and get my nails done, and go get a massage, because it keeps you relaxed and in turn makes ya happyy !! the playing piano thing was a little ridiculous though.

detectiveB
Lurker
Lurker

Post by detectiveB »

michelle wrote:Why did I watch the latest vlog? First of all making fun of the woman for mentioning that she makes herself presentable to go to Wal-Mart? I know it's a foreign concept to Nikki, but some people actually take pride in their appearance when they leave the house. It also seemed like she was putting the lady down for shopping at Wal-Mart in general, when later in the video that's where they end up. And what was the point of the orange juice "story"? To prove that she eats soooo much better than her sister? When in fact all they eat is prepackaged garbage? And sorry Dan, sitting in a closet on a racing simulator is not the same as going to the track and actually driving, maybe he can get a closet NASCAR license?
I have a really low tolerance for Nikki Phillippi because to me her persona is this laid back and cool person with ah-MAH-zing style, when to me she just seems like she's trying too hard to stay relevant and interesting to her viewers. Her monthly themes are... I mean if she posts a video about how to happy and it took twenty minutes to get out the 10 tips she has, I'd rather read a self help book because if an anecdote is told there will be a visible reason for the story where the reader won't rack their brain to ponder forever and day why it was mentioned.

Nikki and Dan's amusement about that woman rubbed me the wrong way, I mean there is a site dedicated to what people wear at Walmart that highlights how ludicrous some of their customers' outfits are. To another extent, my friend's mom is actually the type of woman who will wear a suit to Walmart, whether she goes out of her way to change into a suit or if she merely wears what she had on from work prior that day.

Nikki constantly posts selfies on Instagram, to the extent where there has at least been one day where there have been multiple outfit posts. I assumed she prided herself on her unique/personal/so-unique-Californian style and I apparently also incorrectly assumed she understood that people wear certain things to be perceived a certain way regardless of where the outfit is being worn to... at some point last year wasn't she supposed to be helping create a clothing line? Designers are supposed to understand that their customers are multi-faceted people who do as they please when they please in what they please so as to cater to their customer.

polarbearalli
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by polarbearalli »

Wait... In the last vlog, how long did her friends leave the puppy in the car? It looked like the windows weren't even cracked!

tellmeitsfancy
Talker
Talker

Post by tellmeitsfancy »

angelaj0921 wrote:I think the way she throws around happiness is just wrong. Happiness is not a permanent state of emotion. It's something that you feel in the moment. Joy is more the word you're looking for when you're looking for that permanent state of contentment. If something bad happens obviously you can't be happy, but if you're overall content with your life and where you're at in your life then you can have joy even in bad times At least that's how I've always looked at it.

Off topic, but that girl who was in Nikki's vlog the other day put out a video on how she went blonde in about a month. Maybe Nikki should take some pointers. Lol
[youtube][/youtube]
Nikki did and her hair turned from tiger stripe orange to light tiger stripe orange from the bleach bath :lol: :lol:

PrncssProtnPowdr
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by PrncssProtnPowdr »

If her back is as messed up as she says it is then it sounds like a really dumb idea to put it in the hands of someone who only charges 3 bucks a pop and probably isn't even certified. :?

yrrebyllil
Informer
Informer

Post by yrrebyllil »

polarbearalli wrote:Wait... In the last vlog, how long did her friends leave the puppy in the car? It looked like the windows weren't even cracked!
Yeah that really disturbed me. Especially since they were parked at Nikki and Dan's apartment complex, so she could've been inside the apartment. Then again Zoe and Bowser are so ill behaved and unsocialized that the dog was probably better off in the car alone.

Ilsa Lund
Informer
Informer

Post by Ilsa Lund »

yrrebyllil wrote:
polarbearalli wrote:Wait... In the last vlog, how long did her friends leave the puppy in the car? It looked like the windows weren't even cracked!
Yeah that really disturbed me. Especially since they were parked at Nikki and Dan's apartment complex, so she could've been inside the apartment. Then again Zoe and Bowser are so ill behaved and unsocialized that the dog was probably better off in the car alone.
Not to mention Bowser is not fixed so their friend's dog couldn't have been left with him. But it was disturbing to see they didn't open the window for their dog. I believe in some states policeman could brake their windows and give them fine.

yadi_1690
Learner
Learner

Post by yadi_1690 »

Nikki is one to talk. She always looks like shit and for all she knows she could end up being in 'what people wear to Walmart' or whatever it's called. I wonder if she'll ever admit to not actually being blonde anymore.

angelaj0921
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by angelaj0921 »

yadi_1690 wrote:Nikki is one to talk. She always looks like shit and for all she knows she could end up being in 'what people wear to Walmart' or whatever it's called. I wonder if she'll ever admit to not actually being blonde anymore.
Right! Not everyone is ok leaving there house looking like they literally rolled out of bed. I'm not saying you have to get dressed up all the time but Nikki takes no pride in her appearance ever and she is always inappropriately dressed for nice occasions.

lurkerdoodle
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lurkerdoodle »

Someone in that apartment complex should drop an anonymous tip to the landlord. Maybe an inspection will get them to clean their home.

Return to “NikkiPhillippi”