Victoria Secret Fashion Show

peachesnoranges
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

Post by peachesnoranges »

Curvy in my opinion doesn't mean Kim Kardashian curves with a big butt and boobs. I think you can be slim and still have a curvy body like big/wide hips for instance. But this is just my take, everyone sees curvy a different way.

angel face
Informer
Informer

Post by angel face »

Like I give a fuck wrote:
angel face wrote:to the person commenting on the models bodies- the models aren't even that skinny and they do have curves, even if they didn't why would it matter.

Adriana was precisely the only curvy girl come on. You chose the only girl out of the whole cast that is curvy bc she had a baby 2 or 3 months ago.
Why would it matter? Because VS pretends they showcast a diversity of bodies when they clearly don't.

Btw, your avatar is so... narcissistic in a twisted way. I noticed it the other day.... Why even....okay nevermind. :?
Girls on this board are pretty young I tend to forget that.
My avatar? So irrelevant to what we are discussing so why bring it up? This picture wasn't even taken from the latest show by the way. You're acting as if models being skinny is something new, get over it. Also can you send me an article where they state that they showcase a diversity of bodies? Victoria Secret is known for their unattainable bodies so why on earth would they showcase bigger girls, it would completely ruin their image.

Alka
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Alka »

That picture of Adriana is from the latest show.

I loved it, of course felt like shit afterwards about myself... but hey, not everyone can be an angel :) I like Candice because of her insane body, but Doutzen is very cute. I can not believe Cara Delevingne got only one outfit, she's more of a supermodel than any of them.

Also the person dissing someone else's avatar, well what would you say about mine then? So ridiculous...

Liney
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Liney »

My favourite bit of the whole show was when Bruno Mars sang Young Girls, I loved the outfits for that section and I loved the song too. I've watched that bit on youtube so many times, Miranda Kerr is a freaking goddess.

crazycandy
Talker
Talker

Post by crazycandy »

Victorias-Secret-Fashion-Show-2012-10-520x781.jpg
I was not able to see the show here but seen the photo's posted up. I like her outfit or the way its presented. like a sort of gypsy look. not sure about the fluff on her panties, any lower it just looks funny.. :/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

whoa

Post by whoa »

If she moved the wrong way then the snatch would be exposed :| On the side of the panties it also makes it look like she has public hair coming out of them.

Suspiria
Informer
Informer

Post by Suspiria »

angel face wrote:to the person commenting on the models bodies- the models aren't even that skinny and they do have curves, even if they didn't why would it matter.
What a crappy ass excuse. Just because one model has hips doesn't make her any more relatable or "attainable". She's still portraying an ideal, if not naturally then completely made to be.

BrunetteBarbie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by BrunetteBarbie »

Models are generally thin, I don't think it really matters.

I love Doutzen, she's so pretty :)

xxstrawberry
Debater
Debater

Post by xxstrawberry »

I think Adriana looked great to have just had a baby a couple of months ago. But I wish they hadn't chosen that outfit for her, I don't care how skinny or curvy you are, I think things that have a super high cut on the leg like that are unflattering on everyone.

Winter song
Informer
Informer

Post by Winter song »

Adriana Lima had exactly 8 weeks to get ready for the taping of the VS fashion show after giving birth. I know people who still look the same now, six months later, as they did right after birth. That being said, size doesn't determine beauty and it's not the designers fault or the models fault that people can't watch a runway show thinking that the models they see on the runway are the only form of beauty or even that they are portraying the wrong form of beauty.

I thought the VS shows were going downhill the past few years, but I actually enjoyed this show. What I didn't enjoy was my social media being flooded with "not eating ever again" and "going to the gym NOW" and "oMG SUPER HUMAN VS ANGELS!!!!!" It honestly makes me sad that people can't just appreciate another persons beauty while still appreciating their own. During the show they said they film for 5 days for a 30 second commercial. People need to realize thinking these woman are superhuman took 5 days of filming and cutting over 4 days of the footage. Everybody is beautiful and it makes me so so sad that people need to constantly complain about not only themselves but the images they see because they don't realize models are being portrayed in the most perfect way they can be and anybody would look 'superhuman' in the same circumstances.

Sorry this is longwinded and kind of scattered but being tall and skinny and people thinking you are beautiful because of it is not a crime.

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette »

What do you thing about karlie's scandal about her november outfit from the calendar section?

whoa

Post by whoa »

The Novemeber outfit should never have been used to begin with. I think that it comes off as offensive because those headdresses mean a great deal to Native American people and should not be used in any other context then what they are meant for.
I mean what would people say if for December instead of doing a Santa theme they had the girl wear a kippah/yarmulke instead since Hannukah is also in December? Would people find that offensive? I know I would and it is no different then a Native American headdress.

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette »

I'm not Native American but I do see why they find it offensive, in my opinion if they're going to do that they should use international things.

Alka
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Alka »

I don't get why it was offensive. I'm Jewish and if they wore yamakas I don't think I'd find that offensive either. Can you guys elaborate, because I'm genuinely not getting it

FFL
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FFL »

Alka wrote:I don't get why it was offensive. I'm Jewish and if they wore yamakas I don't think I'd find that offensive either. Can you guys elaborate, because I'm genuinely not getting it
Typically, a head dress is made of feathers and these feathers were given based on acts of honor, bravery, etc. To have a full war bonnet/headdress like that was viewed as highly respectable and it really meant a lot to the Native Americans. To have that be strutted around on a scantily clad woman as if it were nothing is why it's offensive. That's what I gather, at least. I'm not Native American but I have a passion on learning about them and such.

Suspiria
Informer
Informer

Post by Suspiria »

Have any of you seen Lana Del Rey's Ride music video? She's just sort of randomly sporting a headdress in one part, not really related or adding to anything other than the westernish theme of the video. Although her role in the video is apparently as a "prostitute". The Native American headdress appropriation by white people is usually really common.

whoa

Post by whoa »

Alka wrote:I don't get why it was offensive. I'm Jewish and if they wore yamakas I don't think I'd find that offensive either. Can you guys elaborate, because I'm genuinely not getting it
Native American headdresses are a badge of honor and something that is very important to tribes. To Native Americans who have gone through everything that they have here in the United States, it is very offensive to have their culture used in a way that was used by Victorias Secret.
I can also guarantee that in the US if they wore a yarmulke and pranced down the runway half naked then people would react the same way they did over the outfit this year.
There use to be many US sports teams that were named after Native American things and they were forced to change their names because it was disrespectful.

Alka
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Alka »

ok thanks guys for explaining :)

we were about to get a t-shirt with a woman's head wearing a Native American headdress for my brother-in-law for Xmas because it looked good, but his size was sold out. I guess it's for the best then.

Alka
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Alka »

also is the full headdress a rare thing? if they get only one feather at the time I can imagine it will take them forever to finish it off

BrunetteBarbie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by BrunetteBarbie »

I think people get offended too easily.

Return to “TV Shows”