What do you think of the Naked 3 palette?

DarthCassie
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: What do you think of the Naked 3 palette?

Post by DarthCassie »

Swatches look nice but I have way too many eyeshadows as it is so I won't be picking this up right away maybe along down the line but I doubt it. I need more mattes.

anastesia
Talker
Talker

Post by anastesia »

Gah, the more I look at it, the more I love it *_* May be my first Naked pallette ever xD Yeah, I am definitely picking it up. I love those warm-toned pinky shades.. :)

dolly
Learner
Learner

Post by dolly »

I probably won't use all of the pink tones, there are only one or two from the swatches that have caught my eye. But the nice mixture of matte and glittery colours are lovely, so I'll probably purchase it.

Lefaineant
Informer
Informer

Post by Lefaineant »

Forever Eccentric wrote:The colors would look horrible on my skin and once again too much freaking glitter!!! I rarely use my Naked one palette because, there's too much glitter chunks
As much as I like how buttery the eyeshadows are, the glitter chunks is kinda hard to deal with. I think I only used 3-4 shades in the Naked one palette.

As for the Naked three palette, I like the rosey gold shades, but I have no desire to buy more eyeshadow palettes.

Arielle
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Arielle »

I plan on getting this, but I'll be using gift cards that I use for Christmas to purchase it - I asked for Sephora gift cards, and gift cards to the mall that my Sephora is in, so either way I'm covered :P I own the first Naked palette, but not the second because taupes don't look as good on me as golden/pink-toned shades do.

I agree with everyone discussing that they should come out with a large, all-matte palette. I was actually looking for one for my mom for Christmas, but I couldn't find one that wasn't over half shimmery shades :/ She doesn't like wearing shimmery eyeshadows because the emphasize fine lines.

busybuyingbins
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by busybuyingbins »

i heard stila has some really great all matte palettes. i have yet to try them out but i want to.
i don't even know if they still sell them though. i hope they do.
formerly known as ashhbby

Arielle
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Arielle »

busybuyingbins wrote:i heard stila has some really great all matte palettes. i have yet to try them out but i want to.
Just checked their website and they do have one! Thanks! :) Only $39, not too bad!

http://www.stilacosmetics.com/product/% ... cks&page=2#

busybuyingbins
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by busybuyingbins »

Arielle wrote: Just checked their website and they do have one! Thanks! :) Only $39, not too bad!

oh awesome! you're welcome and thank you for letting me know they still have it!
i think i want to get it after christmas or something because there is some really great colors in that.

lyssa123
Debater
Debater

Post by lyssa123 »

Arielle wrote:
busybuyingbins wrote:i heard stila has some really great all matte palettes. i have yet to try them out but i want to.
Just checked their website and they do have one! Thanks! :) Only $39, not too bad!

I have the "In the know" palette, all matte, and AMAZING! Stila eye shadows are by far some of my favorites. Pigmented and ridiculously easy to blend. Definitely get it if/when you have the chance!

Arielle
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Arielle »

lyssa123 wrote:
Arielle wrote:

I have the "In the know" palette, all matte, and AMAZING! Stila eye shadows are by far some of my favorites. Pigmented and ridiculously easy to blend. Definitely get it if/when you have the chance!
Perfect, thanks for the info! It looks like the UD Naked Basics, but better haha

busybuyingbins
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by busybuyingbins »

thanks for that! i love easy to blend shadows haha.
and yes it does look like the basics which i have but has much more variety lol.

lyssa123
Debater
Debater

Post by lyssa123 »

busybuyingbins wrote:thanks for that! i love easy to blend shadows haha.
and yes it does look like the basics which i have but has much more variety lol.
Photos attached -
1. bottom row of in the know
2. top row of in the know
3. naked basics vs. in the know
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

busybuyingbins
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by busybuyingbins »

thanks for the comparison,
sure shows that the top row is similar but i like the taupes and that brick color intrigues me haha.
so even thought i have the basics palette i really want that stila one now haha.

Honolulu
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Honolulu »

I'm disappointed with the pictures of the pallete. When I heard a naked 3 was coming out I really thought it would be entirely matte since that's been so requested over the years. And pinks? They look awful on me. Pass.

Arielle
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Arielle »

Honolulu wrote:I'm disappointed with the pictures of the pallete. When I heard a naked 3 was coming out I really thought it would be entirely matte since that's been so requested over the years. And pinks? They look awful on me. Pass.
I think they will come out with an all-matte palette eventually, but they're just trying to milk the whole "Naked" thing. And they wouldn't release a 12-pan matte palette so closely to the Naked Basics. They're spreading it out.

MakeupLoverInItaly
Learner
Learner

Post by MakeupLoverInItaly »

I will buy it. The question is whether I wait till 2015 when my "No Eyeshadow and No Lipstick Buy" is over. I love pinks and rose golds but I have more eyeshadows than I can use in a lifetime (hence, why I'm also doing a Project Pan 2013-2014). I have N1 and N2 so based on some of the comparisons by Temptalia and Xsparkage, I already have some similar colors. I am hoping I do not break my No Buy for this. Breathe deeply and walk away from the Sephora!

Arielle
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Arielle »

MakeupLoverInItaly wrote:I will buy it. The question is whether I wait till 2015 when my "No Eyeshadow and No Lipstick Buy" is over. I love pinks and rose golds but I have more eyeshadows than I can use in a lifetime (hence, why I'm also doing a Project Pan 2013-2014). I have N1 and N2 so based on some of the comparisons by Temptalia and Xsparkage, I already have some similar colors. I am hoping I do not break my No Buy for this. Breathe deeply and walk away from the Sephora!
Ask for a Sephora gift card for Christmas, then you won't have to spend your own money on it! :) That's what I'm doing.

dolly
Learner
Learner

Post by dolly »

There seems to be a lot of rose gold tones in it. Not something I'd wear too often, but it would be a gorgeous pallet for bridal make up.

busybuyingbins
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by busybuyingbins »

HoardganizedJen wrote: Have you tried thebalm's matte palette? I think there's a few but I think I've heard some good stuff about the Nude one:
http://www.thebalm.com/meet-matt-e-nude.html
It's kind of boring but it's all matte which is way harder to find than it should be!
oh yeah! i totally forgot about theirs! i love the balm, their shadows are so pigmented.
but i thought they had like 3 of the meet matte pallets?

busybuyingbins
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by busybuyingbins »

HoardganizedJen wrote: I could have sworn they did too but I can't find them on their website?? Weird
i think they only bring them out when they do their sales on hautelook because that's usually always when i see them.
hopefully next time they do a sale on there they have them and for a good price!

Return to “Urban Decay”