I got a job at LUSH

emmablackery
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: I got a job at LUSH

Post by emmablackery »

Devastat0r wrote:Minimum wage retail + things you'd actually want to buy = working for bathbombs. i.e. nothing I imagine.
I'm aware that the store in Oxford Street pays around £10 an hour. The people who make the products in Poole are on minimum wage.

Even though I adore Lush, the other day I went into the OS store and within the first two minutes, every member of staff on the floor asked if I was okay, have I been before, do I want testers etc. Nice enough, but so infuriating. If you want people to buy your stuff, you've gotta give them ten seconds to actually look at the damn stuff.

Doopadoop
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Doopadoop »

TL;DR for this thread is that they treat staff like shit there.

Also be careful of getting scent headaches.

dillasinpickle
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by dillasinpickle »

I usually don't mind how aggressive the salespeople are, but then I remember that they're forced to do that and I always wind up feeling so bad. For the most part the girls at my store all come off as genuinely quite friendly and interested, though. Maybe they're just really good at acting but they all just seem especially sweet.

lilacqueen
Talker
Talker

Post by lilacqueen »

I've never heard anyone saying that they like the staff in Lush, isn't it obvious that everyone hates how they "harass" the customers? Why do Lush continue with this kind of practice?

cottoncandies
Stalker
Stalker

Post by cottoncandies »

lilacqueen wrote:I've never heard anyone saying that they like the staff in Lush, isn't it obvious that everyone hates how they "harass" the customers? Why do Lush continue with this kind of practice?
Probably because they're seeing an increase in profit. I know that at Sephora once I was looking for a foundation, I have social anxiety and don't really like telling people no so the sales rep ended up 'taking advantage' of that. By that I mean, I went in for just a foundation and ended up spending 120 on the foundation and three other products I hadn't really wanted.

I know Sephora isn't LUSH but that sales tactic works for some people, apparently more people than it turns off. Companies only care about profits and since they aren't seeing a loss in sales from the handful of people that dislike the treatment they'll keep doing it. I'm not sure, but do they have satisfaction surveys? If so then perhaps consumers could start putting that they felt the employees were being pushed by their managers to be bothersome, that way the company can be aware of the issue people have.

neuroticbitch
Talker
Talker

Post by neuroticbitch »

Had to chime in here. I spend quite a bit of money in my local Lush every month. There's some stuff I wouldn't touch with a stick (the blueberry face mask ruined my skin, for example) but other stuff I absolutely swear by (Rehab shampoo, Roots and H'sua Wen Hua or whatever saved my shitty hair) and I obsessively buy their tea tree spray and mask of magnaminty. Going to Lush is the highlight of my payday week, but their staff make me so nervous I have palpitations. I normally wear headphones in shops for this exact reason, but I've done that many times in Lush and people still come up in my face anyway. I HATE it. As someone who can drop maybe 100 euro in there every now and then I'm close to just buying it online too.
''Well, look who I ran into,'' crowed Coincidence.

''Please,'' flirted Fate, ''this was meant to be.''

Return to “Lush”