ThatGirlShaeXo

Melstar
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Re: ThatGirlShaeXo

Post by Melstar »

I gotta say, her weight loss has really improved her look. As has her new haircut!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

redrobin1017
Debater
Debater
Been thanked: 0

Post by redrobin1017 »

Wow she is looking a lot better! Seems she's embraced a natural dark hair color and pale skin and it looks SO good on her. Her skin appears clear as well :D

ladyrahrah
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by ladyrahrah »

foxoxoxo wrote:I feeling like she's gotten more annoying ever since she amped "the personality" to be more relatable
I'm like shit girl quit talking and trying to be funny and just talking about makeup or show us, no need to add every little thing you find funny
I agree with u 100%!!! She's unwatchable 2 me now.

lurkasaurusrex
Lurker
Lurker

Post by lurkasaurusrex »

Her makeup looks gross to me. Everything is cakey and stripey. And there's too much of it... well I don't care if people wear a lot of makeup, as long as it doesn't look disgusting.

foxoxoxo
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by foxoxoxo »

Like a previous poster said she overcompensates for herself she doesn't need that much sometimes I feel like I can run my nail against her face and I'll get a thick cake of makeup lol
And she's an mua??? The one pro I can give her is that she didn't quit her job just to focus on YouTube but omgggggggg her fucking amped up personality drives me up the wall because it's so fucking fake!!
Makoto Tachibana gives me a reason to get up in the morning Image

onionface
Informer
Informer

Post by onionface »

She seems like a sweet enough girl but what's with the over the top personality lately? She's trying too hard to be funny. It just falls flat and comes off awkward. Her makeup looks streaky too. She's an example of why so many young YT'ers annoy me.

Humbleonfleek
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Humbleonfleek »

I have been watching Shae for about 3 years. I'm really impressed with her recent weight loss but one thing I noticed is that she emulates Jaclyn Hill and seems to be one of her many minions. I do feel a bit bad for her though, she was an avid fan of Morphe way before Jaclyn blew it up and I originally heard of Morphe via Shae's channel. (Now I won't even buy anything from Morphe, but that's a different story.) this probably sounds awful but I think her boyfriend is gay. Or he might be bi, which is fine, I just find it interesting that they've been together over 5 years and there's been no mention of an engagement ring or marriage. I guess either way it's none of my business. I do like her content most of the time but I feel like the over editing/trying to emulate bigger gurus just makes her look unoriginal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VVMad
Learner
Learner

Post by VVMad »

I love Shae too. I love her crazy personality.
I think she has good makeup skills even though the amount of concealer and foundation she puts on her face scares the shit out of me.
She is not as creative as before. Her tutorials are quite basic now. Good but basic.
I don't know if it's just me but she shown a lot of boobs on her SC... Not a purpose, obviously but I found it quite strange. We've got it, girl. You have boobs. Can you move on to makeup, please?

And in one of her last video, she used Champagne Pop. I did not like this on her. I found this highlighter sank into her pores and made her acne on fleek (sorry).

artsy323
Informer
Informer

Post by artsy323 »

Humbleonfleek wrote:I have been watching Shae for about 3 years. I'm really impressed with her recent weight loss but one thing I noticed is that she emulates Jaclyn Hill and seems to be one of her many minions. I do feel a bit bad for her though, she was an avid fan of Morphe way before Jaclyn blew it up and I originally heard of Morphe via Shae's channel. (Now I won't even buy anything from Morphe, but that's a different story.) this probably sounds awful but I think her boyfriend is gay. Or he might be bi, which is fine, I just find it interesting that they've been together over 5 years and there's been no mention of an engagement ring or marriage. I guess either way it's none of my business. I do like her content most of the time but I feel like the over editing/trying to emulate bigger gurus just makes her look unoriginal.

I always felt there was something "off" about him. And he also works at ulta I believe

onionface
Informer
Informer

Post by onionface »

this probably sounds awful but I think her boyfriend is gay. Or he might be bi, which is fine, I just find it interesting that they've been together over 5 years and there's been no mention of an engagement ring or marriage.
It's not just you, I thought the same thing. He definitely got my gaydar beepin'. As for the long wait on marriage, seems like most young couples are doing this now. Waiting 5+ years to marry isn't unusual anymore. I personally wouldn't be able to wait that long but that's just me.

As for her makeup skills, ugh, I'm not the least bit impressed. She packs on waaay too much. Not just concealer and foundation but contour and eyeshadow as well. She needs to stop using super glowy highlighters too. They accentuate all the bumps on her face. Looks god awful. And her nose contouring looks so damn strange. I can always see the reddish, brown lines on the bridge of her nose.

She says she's an MUA? Chick needs to go back for some more training 'cuz her skills are not very good. She's cute and seems sweet but she can be a bit too much sometimes. Maybe that's just me because my old ass self is easily annoyed by most young people :P

onionface
Informer
Informer

Post by onionface »

this probably sounds awful but I think her boyfriend is gay. Or he might be bi, which is fine, I just find it interesting that they've been together over 5 years and there's been no mention of an engagement ring or marriage.
It's not just you, I thought the same thing. He definitely got my gaydar beepin'. As for the long wait on marriage, seems like most young couples are doing this now. Waiting 5+ years to marry isn't unusual anymore. I personally wouldn't be able to wait that long but that's just me.

As for her makeup skills, ugh, I'm not the least bit impressed. She packs on waaay too much. Not just concealer and foundation but contour and eyeshadow as well. She needs to stop using super glowy highlighters too. They accentuate all the bumps on her face. Looks god awful. And her nose contouring looks so damn strange. I can always see the reddish, brown lines on the bridge of her nose.

She says she's an MUA? Chick needs to go back for some more training 'cuz her skills are not very good. She's cute and seems sweet but she can be a bit too much sometimes. Maybe that's just me because my old ass self is easily annoyed by most young people :P

grav3yardtrash
Informer
Informer

Post by grav3yardtrash »

Contour is too dark & harsh for my liking.
She is a pretty girl. She doesn't need to use that much makeup (two foundations, two concealers, heavy powder & contour)
:FU:

laniezee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by laniezee »

She is sort of like Jaclyn.. She can do eye looks amazing, but her face makeup is a hot mess.. Her face makeup is just way too dark and harsh - it makes her look dirty.. Jaclyn is the same, except she is as orange as a pumpkin..

Whatever the case - I do love that she tries on almost all the products she gets sent. I just watched a shadesofkassie video where she only did like 5-6 swatches from the Lorac Pro MegaPalette 2.. no biggie for me, since I already own it, but Lorac sent her that for free... so why not make an effort and do full swatches?

EDIT: I went off on a tangent about Kassie in the last part.. oopsie.. heading off to her thread now to discuss her.

MzMichelle537
Informer
Informer

Post by MzMichelle537 »

onionface wrote:She seems like a sweet enough girl but what's with the over the top personality lately? She's trying too hard to be funny. It just falls flat and comes off awkward. Her makeup looks streaky too. She's an example of why so many young YT'ers annoy me.
I used to LOVE her.. but I have noticed a big big change as well. She is trying too hard now to be "cheery" but we can all see through it :(

MzMichelle537
Informer
Informer

Post by MzMichelle537 »

IKR. Whatever happened to accentuating your beauty and playing up your best features?
Like if you have HUGE acne popping up... don't do the highlighter to accentuate it, like you said. Or if your teeth are more yellow, don't wear lilac lipstick. makes you look ugly

ItsTragicsLife
Informer
Informer

Post by ItsTragicsLife »

grav3yardtrash wrote:Contour is too dark & harsh for my liking.
She is a pretty girl. She doesn't need to use that much makeup (two foundations, two concealers, heavy powder & contour)
Woah does anyone remember what contour powder she used here :( that's so grey!

MzMichelle537
Informer
Informer

Post by MzMichelle537 »

ItsTragicsLife wrote:
grav3yardtrash wrote:Contour is too dark & harsh for my liking.
Woah does anyone remember what contour powder she used here :( that's so grey!

Its too damn much. Maybe subtley wouldn't be so bad....

grav3yardtrash
Informer
Informer

Post by grav3yardtrash »

She has done multiple sponsored videos with MUA/CVS. I've heard the MUA here in the US isn't as good as it is in the UK. Has anyone tried their products?
:FU:

bebbeh
Talker
Talker

Post by bebbeh »

grav3yardtrash wrote:She has done multiple sponsored videos with MUA/CVS. I've heard the MUA here in the US isn't as good as it is in the UK. Has anyone tried their products?
I've tried the eyeshadow, mascara and the liquid lipstick. Eyeshadow was meh, better than most Maybelline but worse than some WnW. The liquid lipstick was gross, crusty and patchy. The mascara wasn't anything to write home about, it flaked and smeared.

ItsTragicsLife
Informer
Informer

ThatGirlShaeXo

Post by ItsTragicsLife »

Haven't watched the video but she looks soooo skinny in her video thumbnail. Is she a photoshopper?? If not, props!!!

Return to “P-T”