Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

Re: ThatGirlShaeXo

Post by strawberry_hearts »

princezuko wrote:
strawberry_hearts wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:18 am
It annoys me that she doesn’t post more “personal” videos . Like she doesn’t really want us to get to know her. She did post a few vlogs awhile back but that’s it. And I’m concerned about her seizures that she’s been having. That is really scary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I get where you're coming from, but we aren't really entitled to see her personal life. She's a makeup channel and I think we've become so used to seeing 'gurus' vlogging and all that, but we forget that some don't want to share their life with strangers and that's perfectly okay. That isn't really a part of the job unless they want to make it so. For many, having that boundary and privacy is important for a multitude of reasons.

Not trying to WK her in particular or come off as defensive - just offering a different pov. :tu:

Anywho, I wasn't aware she had epilepsy. Maybe she's more open about it on her SNS? Tbh, her views-to-sub ratio is poor. Her viewership went up a bit with her recent Jaclyn callout video, but overall she doesn't get a lot of viewer interaction despite her time on YT. Maybe she feels like people don't care to see it or won't watch her more personal videos if she already has low-ish viewcounts on her regular videos?
Yeah I get where your coming from they really don’t owe us anything. Plus I think she has strayed away from not really sharing much because I remember a video awhile ago she was saying how people were getting annoyed that she talked about her wedding too much. And she didn’t wanna really talk about it no more.

Yeah i think she talked twice about having a seizure in her sleep. In a recent video she said she had another one but that everything is ok but she kinda felt out of it.

sofetchxox
Informer
Informer

Post by sofetchxox »

In her recent video (neon makeup tutorial) she ranted for SO LONG about how her fiancé was pissing her off because he wanted to wear a “loud” suit jacket and a bow for to their wedding and she didn’t want that because her dress was already over the top and she wanted timeless photos... like, girl. If you can be over the top why can’t he? Why does he have to be bland to make up for you being too extra? It came off so entitled just ugh

Broodwich
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Post by Broodwich »

sofetchxox wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:26 am
In her recent video (neon makeup tutorial) she ranted for SO LONG about how her fiancé was pissing her off because he wanted to wear a “loud” suit jacket and a bow for to their wedding and she didn’t want that because her dress was already over the top and she wanted timeless photos... like, girl. If you can be over the top why can’t he? Why does he have to be bland to make up for you being too extra? It came off so entitled just ugh
Ya I noticed that double standard too.

She looked crazy in the last couple of videos. The neon look was heinous. When she started the yellow CP palette video i kinda recoiled a bit. Her lips were so over lined (but at least she addressed that). Then she was complaining about how the shadows were layering, but it looked like she had it on SO thick.

strawberry_hearts
Informer
Informer

Post by strawberry_hearts »

She was finally diagnosed with epilepsy. Crazy how she had like 5 seizures in the month of June.

Broodwich
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Post by Broodwich »

I can't believe she and Jedi only get a curated collection with Colourpop yet Kathleen f'n Lights has another collab on the horizon.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

ItsLaura
Debater
Debater

Post by ItsLaura »

She goes on her honeymoon and seems like she’s spending all of it on Twitter fighting with people. 🤦‍♀️ Girl get off the internet and enjoy your husband and surroundings.

Starbux
Informer
Informer

Post by Starbux »

She had a lot more creativity in her older videos. I know she's had health issues and does a lot of live swatch videos, but I miss the more creative makeup looks. It's always the same smokey eye.

gapil27
Learner
Learner

Post by gapil27 »

This girl got married 5 months ago. Enough with the incessant pics of the wedding please!

BlameItOnMeBabe
Lurker
Lurker

Post by BlameItOnMeBabe »

I unsubbed this week. She's constantly bitching and moaning and I don't think she understands how that makes her look. I happened to see a tweet how she was complaining about being nauseated, and someone mentioned pregnancy and she shot back with a snotty remark to the effect of, "Thanks for reminding me I can't get pregnant.." I think the person apologized, but how was she to know that? Shae should have kept that to herself. I thought her attitude about her wedding was awful as well. You're an adult, not a spoiled teenage brat. Embarrassing.

dragmetoguruhell
Learner
Learner

Post by dragmetoguruhell »

This woman’s voice and personality are so effing annoying. I used to watch her for the eye swatches, which now I realize is the dumbest concept in the world. She always complains about how much removing her eye makeup repeatedly hurts like hell (duh). Why would she inflict that kind of pain on herself when arm swatches are just as good? Also, her husband sounds like an asshole when she talks about him. She does commentary videos now? No one, absolutely no one asked for that. She’s not even getting views on those videos. Don’t quit your day job as Colourpop review channel, gurl.

Return to “P-T”