ThatGirlShaeXo

mustardmoon1
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

ThatGirlShaeXo

Post by mustardmoon1 »

Does anyone watch Shae? I like her personality and the looks that she does, but I hate her background for filming. That fake NYC skyline is so cheesy!!
Never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite, and never outstay your welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts you, know what? It was probably worth it........Leonardo DiCaprio

blahhhhh
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ThatGirlShaeXo

Post by blahhhhh »

I watch her. SOME of her tutorials are nice and there are very few youtubers with hooded eyes that do eye looks so I appreciate what she does. But her taste in a lot of things are quite tacky in my opinion...the background being one of them. But it doesn't bother me that much... I usually almost always watch when she has a new video out.

momijiii
Lurker
Lurker

Post by momijiii »

For me sometimes she can get a little too loud and crazy. I like her looks but always have to turn down the volume.

moneytree$
Informer
Informer

Post by moneytree$ »

I don't know man her bf is a little to metro for me. They seem more like friends than bf gf. I'm side eyeing him.
Where you from?OAKLAND! Smokin!

Gurucide
Informer
Informer

Post by Gurucide »

I like her. And, I love her enthusiasm and energy. But, if she is going to embrace being a redhead. She needs to get it right and re-evaluate her current image. If she is going to be an "Autumn", she needs to research what colors look best with that type of coloring.

1. The red hair is too cool. I don't know how she could possibly walk out her doors with patchy uneven toned hair. Please fix that nasty patchy two toned hair. Geezus, you work at a makeup counter and you should know these things. It's hard to take makeup advice from someone who does not know how to even put their look together!

2. You shouldn't be wearing: black, white, fuchsia, hot pink, or pastel blue. I mean, NEVER! Unless, you want to appear sick to those who are looking at you. Seriously, you could pile on the bronzer or blush and you'd still appear "off".

3. Warm skin + Warm eyes = Warm hair you need to add in some Copper. to neutralize that heavy cool base color. But, first get the unevenness corrected and add back some warmth!

Shae, I love you. But it looks bad, you look awful. I'm sorry.

dreamweaver
Learner
Learner

Post by dreamweaver »

When I first found her account I really loved her and her videos but somewhere in the middle of her nyx face awards videos I got really turned off by her attitude/personality. I'm not entirely sure weather it was really a change in her or if I just suddenly didn't like her personality but ever since then I can't watch her videos without seriously cringing and exiting out.

OldEnough2KnowBetter
Talker
Talker

Post by OldEnough2KnowBetter »

Gurucide wrote:I like her. And, I love her enthusiasm and energy. But, if she is going to embrace being a redhead. She needs to get it right and re-evaluate her current image. If she is going to be an "Autumn", she needs to research what colors look best with that type of coloring.

1. The red hair is too cool. I don't know how she could possibly walk out her doors with patchy uneven toned hair. Please fix that nasty patchy two toned hair. Geezus, you work at a makeup counter and you should know these things. It's hard to take makeup advice from someone who does not know how to even put their look together!

2. You shouldn't be wearing: black, white, fuchsia, hot pink, or pastel blue. I mean, NEVER! Unless, you want to appear sick to those who are looking at you. Seriously, you could pile on the bronzer or blush and you'd still appear "off".

3. Warm skin + Warm eyes = Warm hair you need to add in some Copper. to neutralize that heavy cool base color. But, first get the unevenness corrected and add back some warmth!

Shae, I love you. But it looks bad, you look awful. I'm sorry.
Can you please be my irl friend and tell me what makeup to wear and what color(s) to dye my hair? (I'm not being sarcastic. How do you know all that stuff?)
dreamweaver wrote:When I first found her account I really loved her and her videos but somewhere in the middle of her nyx face awards videos I got really turned off by her attitude/personality. I'm not entirely sure weather it was really a change in her or if I just suddenly didn't like her personality but ever since then I can't watch her videos without seriously cringing and exiting out.
I've been watching Shae's videos for years and she's definitely changed. I don't know if she's more "herself" on camera or if she's created a persona to become more popular, but I only watch every second or third video she posts now. Also, I left a really nice comment on one of her videos (not a one sentence comment complimenting her makeup, but an actual comment that took more than 30 seconds to type) and she didn't acknowledge it. She did, however, thank some creeper dude for leaving a two word, grammatically incorrect compliment that he leaves on a bunch of beauty vloggers' videos. (I might be a little bitter, but I can't stand when people on YT have little interaction with their subscribers, especially when they start out being friendly and replying to comments.)

Melstar
Learner
Learner

Post by Melstar »

I generally like her but sometimes I think she just seems kind of dirty/grubby. I imagine that her apartment is a pig sty.

Gurucide
Informer
Informer

Post by Gurucide »

I unsubbed. In fact, I am unsubbing from many different guru bitches. Especially, the younger ones. The older ones need to represent! She's a child. Immature, defensive, know-it-all bitch. No thank you.

blahhhhh
Learner
Learner

Post by blahhhhh »

Gurucide wrote:I unsubbed. In fact, I am unsubbing from many different guru bitches. Especially, the younger ones. The older ones need to represent! She's a child. Immature, defensive, know-it-all bitch. No thank you.
What happened? Was she rude to you?

mustardmoon1
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by mustardmoon1 »

blahhhhh wrote:
Gurucide wrote:I unsubbed. In fact, I am unsubbing from many different guru bitches. Especially, the younger ones. The older ones need to represent! She's a child. Immature, defensive, know-it-all bitch. No thank you.
What happened? Was she rude to you?
I'm curious too. What happened to get you so upset with her?
Never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite, and never outstay your welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts you, know what? It was probably worth it........Leonardo DiCaprio

Leslie14513
Learner
Learner

Post by Leslie14513 »

I really loved her for two years, but come on girl! Please stop praising Sigma every other video :/ I had Sigma brushes, I wouldn't up and down praise them as if they invented make-up brushes. Is she sponsored by them?

Gurucide
Informer
Informer

Post by Gurucide »

Nope. Just can't stand her attitude. That passive-aggressive behavior has no place with me and just shows exactly how immature she really is. She doesn't know I exist, unless she reads here. I've never spoken with her.

mustardmoon1
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by mustardmoon1 »

Leslie14513 wrote:I really loved her for two years, but come on girl! Please stop praising Sigma every other video :/ I had Sigma brushes, I wouldn't up and down praise them as if they invented make-up brushes. Is she sponsored by them?
I've noticed it too. The girl can't get through a single video without talking up Sigma. I get tired of hearing all the gurus talking about it. I have no intention of ever buying any of their brushes or any cosmetic product they make. Sigma needs to understand that all the constant blathering from all the gurus actually turns people off after awhile.

Gurucide
Informer
Informer

Post by Gurucide »

It certainly turns me off, too. Its not like they are the only online internet brand to buy brushes. I do have Sigma brushes, but I also have MAC brushes, and Sonia Kashuk brushes, and ELF brushes, and ECO tools brushes. I have a shit load of brushes, okay! :D But, Sigma is the brand I hear the most. I hear about Sedona Lace brushes, too. But, I never hear about them to the extent that I hear Sigma brushes. Add to that, Sigma's affiliate program and no wonder its an industry favorite now. I can't say Sigma makes the best brushes anymore. I feel like with every Sigma purchase I do make the quality is not there like it used to. The prices are going up and up, and the quality down and down. But, nevermind this. This isn't a Sigma review gosh darnit.

dsaurrr
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by dsaurrr »

yeah the sigma thing really puts me off too.. some of their brushes are okay but nothing amazing. I love the sonia kashuk brush handles <3, and of course I also have a coastal scents brush set (2 of the same actually) that I use everyday I wear makeup.. it cost as much as 2 sigma brushes lol

What really turns me off about shae is her foundation. why is she so keen to look yellow (and sometimes orange) it makes her look ill.. she couldn't figure out her shade of foundation if there was only 1 option lol

mustardmoon1
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by mustardmoon1 »

Gurucide wrote:It certainly turns me off, too. Its not like they are the only online internet brand to buy brushes. I do have Sigma brushes, but I also have MAC brushes, and Sonia Kashuk brushes, and ELF brushes, and ECO tools brushes. I have a shit load of brushes, okay! :D But, Sigma is the brand I hear the most. I hear about Sedona Lace brushes, too. But, I never hear about them to the extent that I hear Sigma brushes. Add to that, Sigma's affiliate program and no wonder its an industry favorite now. I can't say Sigma makes the best brushes anymore. I feel like with every Sigma purchase I do make the quality is not there like it used to. The prices are going up and up, and the quality down and down. But, nevermind this. This isn't a Sigma review gosh darnit.
I have all the Real Techniques brushes and quite a few Sonia Kashuk. I'm quite happy with both. I don't feel any burning desire to order Sigma brushes just because a bunch of gurus who recieved them FREE want to constantly rave about them. And to the person who was talking about Shae's foundation. You are correct, I have never seen her wear the right shade. Her foundation makes her look the color of baby poop. And to be honest, a lot of her eye looks are muddy as heck. She goes overboard using many colors and it all turns into a mess.

Leslie14513
Learner
Learner

Post by Leslie14513 »

mustardmoon1 wrote:
Leslie14513 wrote:I really loved her for two years, but come on girl! Please stop praising Sigma every other video :/ I had Sigma brushes, I wouldn't up and down praise them as if they invented make-up brushes. Is she sponsored by them?
I've noticed it too. The girl can't get through a single video without talking up Sigma. I get tired of hearing all the gurus talking about it. I have no intention of ever buying any of their brushes or any cosmetic product they make. Sigma needs to understand that all the constant blathering from all the gurus actually turns people off after awhile.
Have you noticed her video about the Holiday Sigma look? Her viewers were saying she was 'obviously' sponsored and I'm inclined to agree because she failed to mention any product she used that wasn't Sigma. For example, the Maybelline conceler.

I'm just sick and tired of her shoving those Sigma brushes in my face. I hate watching her now :/ and don't get me started on that conceler brush she keeps ranting about....

gossiper13
Talker
Talker

Post by gossiper13 »

I dont think Sigma get it yet that they're making people NOT want their brushes because every second word is sigma, annoying as hell

tigresslily20
Informer
Informer

Post by tigresslily20 »

I actually do like Shae, but her foundation in her last video was HORRID. Her face and neck were 2 different colors.

Return to “P-T”