tim's is better than any of those though :D

itsmebitches
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Joey Graceffa Part 11

Post by itsmebitches »

Sorry, Shipley's is better. :P I have only had DD once and it was kind of stale.
Seriously, does anyone even watch Joey anymore? lol

CherryCake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CherryCake »

itsmebitches wrote:Sorry, Shipley's is better. :P I have only had DD once and it was kind of stale.
I live in Boston and seriously, 7-11 donuts are WAY better than Dunkin's. I love donuts and i eat my fair share of them and i hate Dunkin's. They taste stale and they are hard. With that being said, my boyfriend is Texan and lives there, and Shipley's is easily the best donuts i've ever had in my life. Everytime i go to visit him, we'll buy two boxes of a dozen Shipley's and go ham :D

itsmebitches
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by itsmebitches »

CherryCake wrote:
itsmebitches wrote:Sorry, Shipley's is better. :P I have only had DD once and it was kind of stale.
I live in Boston and seriously, 7-11 donuts are WAY better than Dunkin's. I love donuts and i eat my fair share of them and i hate Dunkin's. They taste stale and they are hard. With that being said, my boyfriend is Texan and lives there, and Shipley's is easily the best donuts i've ever had in my life. Everytime i go to visit him, we'll buy two boxes of a dozen Shipley's and go ham :D
Yeah. It makes me sad that the really only have Shipley's in the south because everyone should be able to taste them at least once. SO GOOD.

laurenconrad
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by laurenconrad »

This thread is starting to sound like Ingrid is making all the comments.

But anyways he almost has 3 million subscribers. Whatever he is doing is clearly working.

CherryCake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CherryCake »

laurenconrad wrote:This thread is starting to sound like Ingrid is making all the comments.

But anyways he almost has 3 million subscribers. Whatever he is doing is clearly working.
Donuts are delicious! I'm sorry, but they are one of my biggest weaknesses.

As for Joey, i don't really watch his channel but i read this thread from time to time and was interested in his Storytellers web show. I find it weird that Jake Thomas is in this! Also, i did not know the project was financed through Kickstarter. I think he should've used that money for acting lessons instead. He's very wooden on screen. Even the trailer was terrible. How did his Harvard screening go?

angelaj0921
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by angelaj0921 »

itsmebitches wrote:
CherryCake wrote:
Yeah. It makes me sad that the really only have Shipley's in the south because everyone should be able to taste them at least once. SO GOOD.
Wth. I'm from the south and have never heard of Shipley's. I must be missing out.

itsmebitches
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by itsmebitches »

angelaj0921 wrote:
itsmebitches wrote:
CherryCake wrote: I live in Boston and seriously, 7-11 donuts are WAY better than Dunkin's. I love donuts and i eat my fair share of them and i hate Dunkin's. They taste stale and they are hard. With that being said, my boyfriend is Texan and lives there, and Shipley's is easily the best donuts i've ever had in my life. Everytime i go to visit him, we'll buy two boxes of a dozen Shipley's and go ham :D
Wth. I'm from the south and have never heard of Shipley's. I must be missing out.
It really is that good. I looked and there are 190 stores and 90 just in Houston... lol
I kind of find it funny that Joey talked about doughnuts when he is sooooo "health conscious" according to him.

lewlew1230
Learner
Learner

Post by lewlew1230 »

So I gave Storytellers until the last episode to tie up loose ends and make some sense out of the storyline that was going nowhere but the finale made even less sense! And that cliffhanger...LMAO..."MOM??" I totally saw that coming but the delivery of it was so comical even though it was supposed to be dramatic. And those "special effects" of them floating in the air? :?
What a waste of $140,000+. When do we think he is going to start begging for his mindless minions to fund season 2 of this disaster?

laurenconrad
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by laurenconrad »

I hope he does do another kickstarter but I also hope it doesn't get funded to show them it wasn't that good. I bet of he does end up doing another one the minions will pay for it which is sad.

Tate
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Tate »

I'm finding it hilarious that Joey's last few videos were so boring that a two- page discussion on donuts was more exciting.

Evan
Informer
Informer

Post by Evan »

Is Joey gonna be on Amazing Race All-Stars? I thought I saw him in the recent preview for it...

itsmebitches
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by itsmebitches »

Evan wrote:Is Joey gonna be on Amazing Race All-Stars? I thought I saw him in the recent preview for it...
yes

Post by Guest »

itsmebitches wrote:
Evan wrote:Is Joey gonna be on Amazing Race All-Stars? I thought I saw him in the recent preview for it...
yes
Wonder when he did the filming for it/how early he got eliminated. It seems like he's had pretty consistent vlogs, but I don't keep track of all of them so it's likely I totally missed the period of time where he was upload pre-recorded stuff.

Watching the last episode right now--thought I'd do a play-by-play. Spoiler warning in case anyone actually cares:

-This scene with Celia and Blazer is just awkward as hell. The writing is really at fault here, I think...scrolling through the comments there's more than one person who mentioned the quality of the acting/writing (1/25th of comments it seems)
-Jake Thomas is the best actor in this series. He really needs to be in some other stuff--definitely the most believable. Although his romantic moment with Mei was still a bit uncomfortable.
-Celia is a better actress when she's evil. Joey is still making weird choices though. The way he's talking when he's answering Mei's questions sounds like he's trying way too hard.
-Picking up a rock and dropping it on a mouse doesn't exactly illustrate how powerful you've become Celia...
-Well that escalated quickly. She was really quick to change her allegiances there. If you think about it it makes sense that she would want to get Hunter to work with her, but it just seems like she goes from being against him to with him in a split second
-Joey. Cannot. Act. Just reaffirms it every time he speaks, my god
-Was not surprised by that ending at all
-And this campfire thing does not make logical sense.

Unfortunately a second season will most probably be funded.

PyroMakeup
Informer
Informer

Post by PyroMakeup »

Does anyone else agree that the girl who plays Celia can't act for shit? I just couldn't take her seriously...Also I found the bit with her and Blazer in bed VERY fanfictiony.

The bit where Joey says to Blazer, "Whoa, you clean up nice," came off extremely gay.

Mai and Finn are that willing to kill Hunter?

Celia's fake good girl attitude with the evilness is god awful.

Okay so if Celia knew all about the demons, and people having powers how come she never tried make fake reactions to the things around her? Like with Blazer disappearing from that tree? I feel like to throw people off more she should have reacted more than just standing there, like nothing happened.

Hunter why do you think Celia is making you see your dead girlfriend? You and the rest of your friends apparently could see her a long while after she was dead...

So is this just push each other back and fourth, with occasional levitation?

Uh, okay? That's the cliffhanger? That was stupid.

Why do you have to have stop on Hunter's stupid face with a cut black? It didn't really add to the story.

I'm still confused by this story....

Hippo
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Hippo »

I actually thought Celia's acting in this episode was really good. (I was unimpressed with her originally.) It wasn't all perfect, but the scene where she opened the door really stuck out to me. Her facial expressions were excellent in a subtle way.

While they might not be mind blowing, I think the writing is what hurt the acting. Everyone but Joey had some good moments, but Jake/Finn was the only one able to spin gold out of Whitney's shit.

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

for anyone that only now found out about joey(and meghan) being in the all stars season of the amazing race. here's a *****SPOILER******
i've said this previously when it happened, but that was a really long time ago. joey and meghan left the race on the 3rd leg (which means 3rd location, which means 3rd episode), it was in malaysia (i think, i don't remember correctly). and during the other legs, they were pretty much last in both
The Internet knows all your secrets

Izabella

Post by Izabella »

I couldn't understand what Celia was saying half the time.. she does thing thing where she strings all her words together in a low voice and I kind of had to guess what she was saying lol

Post by Guest »

illegal_mind wrote:for anyone that only now found out about joey(and meghan) being in the all stars season of the amazing race. here's a *****SPOILER******
i've said this previously when it happened, but that was a really long time ago. joey and meghan left the race on the 3rd leg (which means 3rd location, which means 3rd episode), it was in malaysia (i think, i don't remember correctly). and during the other legs, they were pretty much last in both
Oh, now that you mention it again, I do remember seeing a post about it. Guess I brushed it off since I just don't really care about either of them or watch the amazing race. Thanks for re-clarifying!

angelaj0921
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by angelaj0921 »

itsmebitches wrote: It really is that good. I looked and there are 190 stores and 90 just in Houston... lol
I kind of find it funny that Joey talked about doughnuts when he is sooooo "health conscious" according to him.
Oh ok. I just looked on the site. There are some near me but the closest one is about an hour away. :( Too bad because they look freaking good on the website.

Return to “Joey Graceffa”