Rhett & Link

lazygossip
Talker
Talker

Re: Rhett & Link

Post by lazygossip »

Sometimes I really like LTAT but I always skip through the beginning parts where it's just Stevie talking because it's rarely funny or entertaining.

haze
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Post by haze »

I feel like Rhett is getting tired of the show. He's so grumpy all the time.

lurkerloo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lurkerloo »

Manybananas wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:50 am
I really wish LTAT was labeled as such. It's my least favorite format of video they produce and everytime I think oh this looks interesting I click it and it's just going to be people talking
You could always pay attention to the length of the video, their regular episodes are around 14-16 minutes where as LTAT is in the 22-30 minute range. I think they intentionally don't label it, I personally love LTAT but I love the earlier episodes where they're just talking. I think they know LTAT doesn't pull in the most views, hardly any of the videos hit a million.

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

Why does Rhett look so unkempt lately? It's like he stopped getting haircuts and gave up on trimming the beard lol

urmel
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Post by urmel »

LiddlePallid wrote:Why does Rhett look so unkempt lately? It's like he stopped getting haircuts and gave up on trimming the beard lol
Because that's exactly what he did, they discussed it in an Earbiscuit (it's titled something like "Why Rhett is growing his hair out", easy to find). It's got something to do with his therapy efforts and trying to care less about what people think of his look as long as he likes it. Or something along those lines.

finally figured out how to change this (sent from hell)

lurkerloo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lurkerloo »

urmel wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:20 am
LiddlePallid wrote:Why does Rhett look so unkempt lately? It's like he stopped getting haircuts and gave up on trimming the beard lol
Because that's exactly what he did, they discussed it in an Earbiscuit (it's titled something like "Why Rhett is growing his hair out", easy to find). It's got something to do with his therapy efforts and trying to care less about what people think of his look as long as he likes it. Or something along those lines.

The hair length doesn't bother me, but he needs to trim up his beard a bit. It's fine if he wants to grow out his beard, but you can at least groom it while growing it out.

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

Ahh okay. I was wondering if they mentioned it anywhere. I rarely listen/watch ear biscuits so I missed it.

Summersby
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Summersby »

I don't like LTAT. It's usually pretty boring to me. I don't really even get into "GMM More" or whatever it's called because that's usually just the crew mumbling and awkwardly giggling at each other.

Brokentoken
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Brokentoken »

Summersby wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:53 pm
I don't like LTAT. It's usually pretty boring to me. I don't really even get into "GMM More" or whatever it's called because that's usually just the crew mumbling and awkwardly giggling at each other.
Well LTAT's over so that's gone. However some of the best moments happen in the more's
#Insertpettypassiveaggressiveshadehere

urmel
Informer
Informer

Post by urmel »

I started out liking LTAT but over time I grew bored with it. Plus Stevie, Rhett and Link started to grate on me in that relatively unscripted setting.

lazygossip
Talker
Talker

Post by lazygossip »

I'm not sad about LTAT ending. I've already mentioned how I tend to skip through a lot of it. I am excited about seeing vlogs from them to replace it though.

Brokentoken
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Brokentoken »

I really liked the vlog, they're dynamic was always one of their strongest assets.

lurkerloo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lurkerloo »

Brokentoken wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:14 pm
I really liked the vlog, they're dynamic was always one of their strongest assets.
I would really love to hear from their kids--like did Link's children know that Rhett was coming over for that video or did their dad and his best friend just go upstairs to shower and later talk to each other through the shower window while their dad stood in the rain?

urmel
Informer
Informer

Post by urmel »

So, there will be a series of Ear Biscuits discussing their evangelical background, first one was uploaded today.

Kierans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kierans »

I really enjoyed that ear biscuit. I came from a background similar to theirs and no longer consider myself religious, so hearing about other people's journeys is really interesting to me. :)

urmel
Informer
Informer

Post by urmel »

Kierans wrote:I really enjoyed that ear biscuit. I came from a background similar to theirs and no longer consider myself religious, so hearing about other people's journeys is really interesting to me. :)
It was a bit hard to follow sometimes because they just used vocabulary like everyone would know - there's one part where they said something about "you know, what you do on a mission trip" and I was like "please tell me, I don't know, I'm an agnostic German who wasn't christened, I have literally no clue what you are talking about"

The whole evangelical Christian thing is completely foreign to me. While we have some more involved branches of Christianity in Germany, they are really really small communities and most people are not familiar with them at all. Like, we have Christian organisations on campus, but nothing like Campus Crusade for Christ

lurkerloo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lurkerloo »

It doesn't surprise me that they were heavily involved in religion (I believe Rhett's brother works within religion, I could be wrong). I guess if you're not familiar with small towns in the US it could be hard to fully understand, but especially back in the late 1980s and early 1990s, religion was big in small towns. It's how people socialized, it's what brought people together, it's how you knew certain families needed help. If you wanted to social life, you were involved in religion. Religion is still big in small towns, but I think it's less of a focal point than it was back then. I think Link said he didn't particularly want to be a Christian band, but if he wanted practice space then they had to be a Christian band because of the coffee shop.

What I gathered from their "you know what you do on a mission trip" was that during the daylight hours they were well respected Christians who spread the word of Christ and helped those in need, and after dinner when they would be socializing with their peers and out of the public eye they were your typical kids who goofed off, drank a little alcohol and partied--but nothing that would prevent them from continuing the next day. I could be entirely wrong, they could have been total straight laced mission trips but yesterday's episode where Rhett jokes about making wine at 15 supports my assumptions. I can remember youth groups where the adults would send the teenagers down to the basement to conduct their services, and the youth group would devolve to a bunch of rowdy teenagers, and then an adult would come down and we would all fall in line and act the part.

Their religious path follows a lot of what I've seen in my friends--they were religious because their parents were, they followed it because it was what was the norm in their hometown...and then they educated themselves and started questioning it a bit. I really respect that they owned that while their experiences were great, that not everyone's was and specifically said that women and members of the LGTBQ community have had a lot of struggles within religion.

Brokentoken
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Brokentoken »

lurkerloo wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:17 am
It doesn't surprise me that they were heavily involved in religion (I believe Rhett's brother works within religion, I could be wrong). I guess if you're not familiar with small towns in the US it could be hard to fully understand, but especially back in the late 1980s and early 1990s, religion was big in small towns. It's how people socialized, it's what brought people together, it's how you knew certain families needed help. If you wanted to social life, you were involved in religion. Religion is still big in small towns, but I think it's less of a focal point than it was back then. I think Link said he didn't particularly want to be a Christian band, but if he wanted practice space then they had to be a Christian band because of the coffee shop.

What I gathered from their "you know what you do on a mission trip" was that during the daylight hours they were well respected Christians who spread the word of Christ and helped those in need, and after dinner when they would be socializing with their peers and out of the public eye they were your typical kids who goofed off, drank a little alcohol and partied--but nothing that would prevent them from continuing the next day. I could be entirely wrong, they could have been total straight laced mission trips but yesterday's episode where Rhett jokes about making wine at 15 supports my assumptions. I can remember youth groups where the adults would send the teenagers down to the basement to conduct their services, and the youth group would devolve to a bunch of rowdy teenagers, and then an adult would come down and we would all fall in line and act the part.

Their religious path follows a lot of what I've seen in my friends--they were religious because their parents were, they followed it because it was what was the norm in their hometown...and then they educated themselves and started questioning it a bit. I really respect that they owned that while their experiences were great, that not everyone's was and specifically said that women and members of the LGTBQ community have had a lot of struggles within religion.
I also like that he reccomended that 1619 podcast, I don't know how he came upon it but I'm glad he made an effort to seek after information outside what he's been taught.

urmel
Informer
Informer

Post by urmel »

New earbiscuit, link's episode - at 1h11 he addressed the LGBT issue and how it had weighed on him/them that despite their LA church being welcoming, it only welcomed LGBT people as a way of "saving" them, not as valid people and couples.

lurkerloo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lurkerloo »

urmel wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:00 am
New earbiscuit, link's episode - at 1h11 he addressed the LGBT issue and how it had weighed on him/them that despite their LA church being welcoming, it only welcomed LGBT people as a way of "saving" them, not as valid people and couples.

I haven't listened yet, but I bet that did weigh on him greatly because so many of their staff are LGBTQ. Stevie's been their right hand woman for many years and she's very out and proud.

Return to “N-Z”