Tyler Oakley

JustGlow

Re: Tyler Oakley

Post by JustGlow »

John Green just tweeted this. It's from the P4A calendar, LOL.

khanspunk
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by khanspunk »

Squishy wrote:I REALLY want to know what happened with Tyler & Connor. They are so freaking tight lipped and there's not even a murmur of what happened so there definitely holding it close to the vest. Tyler's so aware of social media going ons that he HAS to see the tweets where people are talking about it.

P.s. I really miss Troyler.
Thats the only reason i searched for this thread. Seems like no one knows or has any guesses :( Goddammit. lol

dreammuffin
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dreammuffin »

khanspunk wrote:
Squishy wrote:
Thats the only reason i searched for this thread. Seems like no one knows or has any guesses :( Goddammit.

Some believe they have been indiercting each other. For example: Connor just posted this. [tweet][/tweet]

He also faced this recently.
[tweet][/tweet]

I sense some shade...I do.

silversnowflake
Learner
Learner

Post by silversnowflake »

Why do we think that's about Tyler?

itsmebitches
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by itsmebitches »

He is a narcissistic fake fuck is what I think of him but whatever....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dreammuffin
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dreammuffin »

Connor also faved a post panning Tyler lately: where you been? I just think Tyler has been all about his business lately. He is riding his wave of fame and on the way he has to make a lot of tough decisions. I have seen workaholics like him kill friendships this way. Not sure that is what he is doing, but I hope not.

His image and his reality may not be the same; but I think he is honest and wears his heart on his sleeve. He is quite honest about loving the cash, the fame and the work; but I think he loves his friends too. He does seem one track minded but in his vlogs you can see the human side of him.

I don't think he is a bad guy: he just sells himself a bit TOO much. Time to do another charity drive or something.

DizzyDree
Lurker
Lurker

Post by DizzyDree »

I heard from another user that when Connor franta made his coming out video, Tyler said something bout him being the person Connor was discussing his sexuality with. So Tyler basically made connor's biggest moment about him. He was a narcissistic lil shit basically.

Apparently, Connor also faved a tweet throwing shade at Tyler for what he did.

I'm just repeating what I've heard so I ain't really sure Tbh

july111
Informer
Informer

Post by july111 »

^you're right, that's true
but i think they had fallen out before that

fleur-delis
Informer
Informer

Post by fleur-delis »

DizzyDree wrote:I heard from another user that when Connor franta made his coming out video, Tyler said something bout him being the person Connor was discussing his sexuality with. So Tyler basically made connor's biggest moment about him. He was a narcissistic lil shit basically.

Apparently, Connor also faved a tweet throwing shade at Tyler for what he did.

I'm just repeating what I've heard so I ain't really sure Tbh
Well yes, but they had a falling out long before that. This is just what confirmed it, everyone suspected it because they weren't hanging out anymore. Tyler replied to Connor tweeting his Coming Out video that he was the one who Connor had a chat on the couch with, andbtherefore that he was the friend Connor came out to first. Connor then favourited a post on Tumblr saying that Tyler made the whole thing about himself which wasn't cool.

I don't think they stopped being friends because Tyler wanted to do more business with the friendship or something, in my opinion something serious must have happened, probably something personal (they are both still friends with Troye so probably nothing to do with him). I also don't think we can judge if either one is being petty because we have literally no idea what happened, they've kept quiet about it. There are things that can't be forgiven, so who knows..

ItsAndrew
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by ItsAndrew »

I dunno if anyone has ever seen this but apparently Tyler is not his first name. His first name is actually Matthew according to this Tumblr post:

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

mathew tyler isn't a very nice sounding name. tyler mathew? sure. but mathew tyler? nah, sounds weird
The Internet knows all your secrets

rodgerdodger
Learner
Learner

Post by rodgerdodger »

I actually hate Tyler so much. His fanbase is almost all tween girls who think of him as a "gay best friend" and he aggressively tries to be the "voice of every gay person". He is also incredibly racist, sexist and always plays the victim and acts like a twelve year old constantly.
I seriously don't get the appeal of him. I'm not being sarcastic--why do people like him?

Moochy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Moochy »

I'm comforted by the fact that others think the same about Tyler as I do.

For someone who espouses being tolerant and kind, he's rarely both.

rodgerdodger
Learner
Learner

Post by rodgerdodger »

He is just flat out mean and thinks he needs to embody every gay sterotype to be relevent in the LGBTQ community. Wait. The LG community because he clearly doesn't think that bisexual is a thing, and that every guy who claims to be bisexual is secretly gay. Also his language towards transgender* people is abhorring. Also, he would never use the word queer, but he has no problem using the term "faghag".
I don't understand why reputable YouTubers like Laci Green and Hank Green, both of whom are incredibly educated in sexuality and gender, praise him so much. He is an arrogant prick who thinks he is being "sassy" when really he is being hurtful and obnoxious.

kayuhsee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by kayuhsee »

rodgerdodger wrote: He is an arrogant prick who thinks he is being "sassy" when really he is being hurtful and obnoxious.
Yes this is the worst thing about him! I hate how he can get away with something by simply saying "lol I'm a sassy gay though!!!!" Like no you can't, it's still rude and hateful.

sammy24
Talker
Talker

Post by sammy24 »

rodgerdodger wrote:I actually hate Tyler so much. His fanbase is almost all tween girls who think of him as a "gay best friend" and he aggressively tries to be the "voice of every gay person". He is also incredibly racist, sexist and always plays the victim and acts like a twelve year old constantly.
I seriously don't get the appeal of him. I'm not being sarcastic--why do people like him?

Proof? I've never heard this accusation before :S

ItsAndrew
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by ItsAndrew »

ItsAndrew
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by ItsAndrew »

sammy24 wrote:
rodgerdodger wrote:I actually hate Tyler so much. His fanbase is almost all tween girls who think of him as a "gay best friend" and he aggressively tries to be the "voice of every gay person". He is also incredibly racist, sexist and always plays the victim and acts like a twelve year old constantly.

Proof? I've never heard this accusation before :S
Here's an example of him being racist. It's from a video that he took down (and other copies of the video uploaded were taken down by his network):

ItsAndrew
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by ItsAndrew »

There's also some more stuff on this Tumblr: http://tylerfaukley.tumblr.com

Moochy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Moochy »

Everyone else has to be tolerant. Of him. He himself can be as nasty as he likes because - in his pea brain - he's gay and therefore can't be prejudiced, racist or any other 'ist you can think of.

The diversity video was classic, unedited Tyler. Ignorant as f*ck and vicious. It's a side he likes to hide from the minions.

Return to “Tyler Oakley”