Tyler Oakley

ItsAndrew
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Tyler Oakley

Post by ItsAndrew »

Why the heck is he gonna be at the Grammys he isn't a musician or doesn't do anything related to music. Is he going to be interviewing people there?
[youtube][/youtube]

Can't forget that all important Twitter promo from Tyler! He just has to have all these celebrities follow him!

Edit: He is going to be interviewing people on the red carpet. I just watched this video where he said this:

Squishy
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Post by Squishy »

To play devil's advocate;

1) The guy's Twitter handle has douche in the name, lol. Regardless, he was rude to Tyler. I think Tyler handled the situation really well if you ask me. I mean, what was he supposed to do, body shame notsomedouche?

2) Tyler has always said that he looks through his indirects. So does Troye and Connor. So, if you're faulting him for it, you need to go and fault Troye and Connor as well.

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

tbh, i think it's kinda stupid they do that. they only do it because they know "haters" will be talking about them without @ mentioning them. they do it on purpose to seek those people(they're not the only ones), so that they can reply to them in a somewhat passive aggressive manner that makes it look like they're the better person.
limit yourself to the people that are mentioning you, and stop wasting your time searching yourself on twitter
The Internet knows all your secrets

LadyBugB
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by LadyBugB »

ItsAndrew wrote:Why the heck is he gonna be at the Grammys he isn't a musician or doesn't do anything related to music. Is he going to be interviewing people there?
[youtube][/youtube]

Can't forget that all important Twitter promo from Tyler! He just has to have all these celebrities follow him!

Edit: He is going to be interviewing people on the red carpet. I just watched this video where he said this:
The grammys are scrapping for viewers, nobody is interested in that boring ass show. Nominations are whack and the music industry as a whole plain old sucks, so inviting Tyler to attach his name to it seems very fitting.

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

So what are Troyler shippers up to these days? Are they still hanging in there?

PayjamaPants
Talker
Talker

Post by PayjamaPants »

manged wrote:So what are Troyler shippers up to these days? Are they still hanging in there?
Kinda. I feel like most of them, spare the slightly delusional ones, have accepted that there's a good chance that Connor and Troye are together. You see posts like this popping up all throughout the tags. It's definitely died down a lot since the peak of it's popularity, but some seem to have this weird attachment to the ship. Fanfiction is definitely at the core of the fandom and accounts for a lot of it's activity, but since they don't have much interaction to work with it seems like a logical route. Although, the one 'it' fanfiction that was literally all the fandom talked about for about two months was finished and the author moved on to write Phan.

So overall, it's hanging in there. Apologies for the unintentional rant, I just find fan culture really interesting. Creepy for sure, but so fascinating.

fashion and flowers
Learner
Learner

Post by fashion and flowers »

PayjamaPants wrote:
manged wrote:So what are Troyler shippers up to these days? Are they still hanging in there?
Kinda. I feel like most of them, spare the slightly delusional ones, have accepted that there's a good chance that Connor and Troye are together. You see posts like this popping up all throughout the tags. It's definitely died down a lot since the peak of it's popularity, but some seem to have this weird attachment to the ship. Fanfiction is definitely at the core of the fandom and accounts for a lot of it's activity, but since they don't have much interaction to work with it seems like a logical route. Although, the one 'it' fanfiction that was literally all the fandom talked about for about two months was finished and the author moved on to write Phan.

So overall, it's hanging in there. Apologies for the unintentional rant, I just find fan culture really interesting. Creepy for sure, but so fascinating.
Yeah, I used to be part of the Troyler fandom (not a crazy, obsessive, over-demanding shipper, though), but I honestly have drifted away from both Tyler and Troye's videos. To me, they just seem repetitive and boring (which is hard to admit as I prided myself on being a good, loyal fan). I just feel like it's the same content displayed in different ways. That's probably just me though lol. Offtopic: Although I can't picture Troye and Connor together, it's honestly not my decision and I could care less who's with who, as long as they're happy.

han_han
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by han_han »

Can't wait for Tyler to post pics with all the celebs he met tonight at the Grammys and act like they're the best of friends...

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

fashion and flowers wrote: I just feel like it's the same content displayed in different ways. That's probably just me though lol.
It's not just you.

fleur-delis
Informer
Informer

Post by fleur-delis »

han_han wrote:Can't wait for Tyler to post pics with all the celebs he met tonight at the Grammys and act like they're the best of friends...
He's so predictable. He did just that on twitter, haha.

I have to say though, as much as I dislike his content, he is one of the few Youtubers who have been able to take opportunities and use them to get more opportunities. He seems to be at every major event at red carpets, does interviews etc, and whenever I saw a few of those, I thought he did a good job because he makes the interviewee laugh and they feel comfortable.

ItsAndrew
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by ItsAndrew »

han_han wrote:Can't wait for Tyler to post pics with all the celebs he met tonight at the Grammys and act like they're the best of friends...
I thought I was the only one who realized this. Just because you interview someone, attend their event, talk to them a few times somewhere, doesn't mean you're best friends (it doesn't even mean you're friends really). I personally always hate how he's constantly posting pics with celebs or tweeting at them (i.e. how much fun he had with them) because it just sounds like he's gloating. I know it's his Twitter but still...

Also, on another note, he's doing again his birthday fundraiser on Prizeo for The Trevor Project. His goal is $500,000.
[youtube][/youtube]

Coffee4Me
Debater
Debater

Post by Coffee4Me »

I don't think he's actually serious when he says friend, I dunno, I can see it for what it is and it's just a quirky phrase "my friends!!!" but I can see how people can take that literally. I know a lot of popular bloggers, reporters who post photos of themselves with celebs on the red carpet so not really going to slam him for it as I'd probably do it too LOL

fleur-delis
Informer
Informer

Post by fleur-delis »

While there's a lot to criticise about him, I think it's great that he's doing the fundraiser again. He raised a shit ton of money last year and it might be even more this time, and regardless of his self-promotion etc, it is a really great cause.

I was wondering though, with the prizes etc, who pays for them? Is that deducted from the raised money? Like the tshirts, shipping for the tshirts, the vidcon trip etc. Or does he pay or Prizeo?

ItsAndrew
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by ItsAndrew »

Do you all agree with Tyler being in this list?

[tweet][/tweet]

PayjamaPants
Talker
Talker

Post by PayjamaPants »

ItsAndrew wrote:Do you all agree with Tyler being in this list?

[tweet][/tweet]
Tyler I get, but Nash Grier and Brittany Furlan?? Ugh

fleur-delis
Informer
Informer

Post by fleur-delis »

I do agree with Tyler being on that list because he's incredibly influential with teenagers. If that's a good thing or not is a different topic, but it's a fact.

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

So that's what Nash Grier looks like nowadays?

sandyfrink
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by sandyfrink »

I think his podcast needs some guests. I like them for the most part but it's too repetitive with Tyler and Korey just talking about random stuff.

zalfiephan9

Post by zalfiephan9 »

ItsAndrew wrote:Do you all agree with Tyler being in this list?

[tweet][/tweet]
That list kind of seems like a joke. I mean how is it an honor to be on the same list as Kim Kardashian, Nash Grier, and Taylor Swift? It seems more like it is a list of 30 people who are really popular on the internet. When I think of the word influential, I think people who have a positive influence on others. I guess Tyler does, even if I don't like him or the way he goes about spreading his message.

youtubelover
Debater
Debater

Post by youtubelover »

I don't think tyler is going to reach his goal of 500,000 dollars for the trevor project. The whole thing doesn't seem to have momentum it did last year.

Return to “Tyler Oakley”