black_widow
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Tyler Oakley

Post by black_widow »

http://kaleidanscope.tumblr.com/post/10 ... ler-oakley

Well, this is enlightening. I've always rather liked him, but I'm going off him more and more.

Moochy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Moochy »

I've never liked him, only because I always saw the nasty, vicious side of his act.

He really went after a 16 year old girl? And got his minions to do the same? That is the act of a bully. A BULLY.

Tyler, that's what you have become. F*cking douchebag. The universe always balances itself out and going after a 16 year old will have consequences for you somewhere.

Squishy
Talker
Talker

Post by Squishy »

I'll just leave this here...Troye, Connor, Tyler on New Years Eve in Sydney.

[tweet][/tweet]

senpai
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by senpai »

^ I guess things have been sorted out? Was kind of hoping for a public fight between them :D

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

i mean, they have to at least tolerate each other for the nye even they're attending(it's already midnight in sydney, so it's 2015 there now).
tyler's hair is an eyesore
The Internet knows all your secrets

PoisonedApple

Post by PoisonedApple »

This is OT, but everyone on here needs to know what's going on on GG.

Lulu passed away last May and bipolarmorgan has been using her account and posing as her and he is abusing his power.

Read here to find out what's going:
http://gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.php?f ... &start=550

He has banned GuestGue, HattieChaos, Ariadne, VeronicaSawyer, and other mods who have spoken out against him.
Here's VeronicaSawyer's AMA about it:

Spread the word! And don't let Morgan get away with this.

YouslessTube
Naughty
Naughty

Post by YouslessTube »

Does he do anything other than "Q & SLAY" Huh? What a talent-less little sassy moron. His fans are rabid & vile.

jswithlove
Debater
Debater

Post by jswithlove »

Kinda random, but I predict he will be the next "YouTube Celebrity" that gets recruited for DWTS.

PayjamaPants
Talker
Talker

Post by PayjamaPants »

How is this guy even relevant?? All his videos are boring as fuck.

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

I consider him less of a YTer and more of an "internet personality" at this point. As a content creator, he's shit, but he's basically made a career out of being every teen girl's virtual GBFF, and he's charismatic enough to hold down hosting gigs and guest spots, so I can see why he's successful. The mainstream media (?) likes their gay men loud, flamboyant, and white when it's for their own entertainment.

silversnowflake
Learner
Learner

Post by silversnowflake »

I'm going off him to be honest.

And yes to the above. He's like a mediocre version of Graham Norton.

fleur-delis
Informer
Informer

Post by fleur-delis »

[tweet][/tweet]

Amity Fest or his Sleepover tour? I wouldn't be surprised about him attending Amity Fest, he's friends with all the Gleamers..

LadyBugB
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by LadyBugB »

PayjamaPants wrote:How is this guy even relevant?? All his videos are boring as fuck.
Hahaha, I hope more people wake up and realize this - but I guess he's the big brother to Zoe's big sister persona the media created for her.

YAS!! More AmityFest/SITC drama - I'm here for it. I think he'll intro his sleepover tour as part of Amity. Tyler's tour works while people are at uni and since it will be the summer, I doubt he could drudge up an audience, esp in the UK where he is probably only known by the gleamer's fans.

All I know is that these people better vlog the hell out of this tour. I need to see it fail.

kowabunga
Informer
Informer

Post by kowabunga »

I used to really like him but I'm also getting off him because he doesn't produce content anymore, all he does is Q&As and the odd tag (usually with another youtuber) every couple of months, so boring. What does he even do at his "slumber parties" apart from turning up and being there?
"Money corrupts people. And free body wash." lips

july111
Informer
Informer

Post by july111 »

I imagine his slumber parties consisting of stupid challenges and q&a sections. and his stupid laugh made even worse by the microphone. and teenage girls screaming.

ItsAndrew
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by ItsAndrew »

Why was a whole video necessary to say something so insignificant to a majority of his viewers? Not saying it's a bad idea at all, just saying he could have done it without making a whole video.

[youtube][/youtube]
Last edited by illegal_mind on Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: fixing the embedding of the youtube video again, because i'm an idiot and accidentally deleted part of the url -_-

july111
Informer
Informer

Post by july111 »

on one hand more people will see it now compared to if it was a minute out of a stupid q&a. and it's important even for people who don't have hearing disabilities/speak another language. he's raising awareness for a more accessible youtube.
on the other hand, he is looking for people to congratulate and thank him for being the first BIG youtuber to do this.

PoisonedApple

Post by PoisonedApple »

^ Exactly. It's the way that he's announcing it, in that sickeningly smarmy, self-aggrandizing tone. He couldn't just say it, he had to ramble on for over 5 minutes about how important his decision is and how he's helped to "change" YouTube. God, shut up Tyler.

MDNA
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MDNA »

Just unfollowed him and unsubscribed after hearing the stupid shit he had to say about Madonna, so disrespectful. What an IGNORANT idiot. It's embarrassing as hell that this guy is pushing 30, is involved in LGBT projects yet doesn't know anything about the history of the gay community and Madonna's part in it. But then again gaga is his idol, nuff said.

Squishy
Talker
Talker

Post by Squishy »

I've been a huge supporter of Tyler's but even I have to admit that he's simply not producing any creative content anymore. Why am I sitting through self congratulatory and sponsored videos anymore if there is no creative content?

Honestly, I think Tyler being all about Tyler is what broke up the friendship with Connor. Granted, I could be 100% wrong about that. Plus, he talks way too much shit about people he has no clue about (Liam, Madonna, etc...).

I predict that 2015 is going to be all about maximizing revenue with a worldwide tour. It's sad that the days of funny/interesting content are behind him and now it's all about money.

Return to “Tyler Oakley”