Fast weight loss?

sweetkissesXxX
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Fast weight loss?

Post by sweetkissesXxX »

Just wondering does anyone know of anyone ways of loosing fat at a considerably fast rate? and please no lectures on the normal healthy eating and exercise please thank you :) Eg. The 3 day diet, military diet

palmbeachbabe
Learner
Learner

Re: Fast weight loss?

Post by palmbeachbabe »

ABC Diet! Definitely not healthy, but I lost around a pound a day ;)

sweetkissesXxX
Learner
Learner

Post by sweetkissesXxX »

palmbeachbabe wrote:ABC Diet! Definitely not healthy, but I lost around a pound a day ;)
I'll have a look into it , thanks! :D

Chloe
Learner
Learner

Post by Chloe »

Controversial but dry fasting. Don't eat or drink for 36 hours.

It is surprisingly easy, not as unhealthy as you think as your body stores fat in case of famine. It works as after 24 hours your body turns your fat into hydrogen and takes oxygen from the air to create water for your body.

It is controversial in western countries though regularly practiced in Eastern Europe.

TammyD93x
Learner
Learner

Post by TammyD93x »

Chloe wrote:Controversial but dry fasting. Don't eat or drink for 36 hours.

It is surprisingly easy, not as unhealthy as you think as your body stores fat in case of famine. It works as after 24 hours your body turns your fat into hydrogen and takes oxygen from the air to create water for your body.

It is controversial in western countries though regularly practiced in Eastern Europe.

that sounds interesting... i didn't think it would be safe not to drink for so long... but I need to do a cleanse or fast of some sort... have you done this yourself and how much weight would you expect to lose? would you look visibly thinner in a day or two of not eating?

Lee90
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Lee90 »

Agreed^
Diet pills will get rid of water weight and work as a laxative. Therefore making you look skinnier but you will gain the weight back or in some cases even more weight.
Crazy diets like the ABC diet, ect will do the same( making you lose water weight) but after doing that for a while your body goes into starvation mode causing you to gain weight.
The only healthy way to lose weight and keep it off is a healthy diet and being active.

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

Eat well and run. Running can really melt off pounds.
imma ball til the day i fall

Evolve
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evolve »

Please do not try not eating or drinking anything for 36 hours. That's incredibly dangerous and eating disordered behavior. Your weight loss won't mean much if you're hospitalized for dehydration.

Chloe
Learner
Learner

Post by Chloe »

Just finished a 2 day dry fast but I am an experienced faster. You lose weight considerably quick.

Water fasting is a great starter and has a similar but 2-3x slower than dry fasting.

Trust me, you'll have horrible symptoms way before you are close to dehydration.

I have heard people loosing long term weight from the abc diet though

Chloe
Learner
Learner

Post by Chloe »

Just to add I did it to clear my acne and cure my chronic leg pain (it worked!)

justanotherhater

Post by justanotherhater »

My friend was hospitalized while on a dry fast. I'm not saying it won't work for you, but keep in mind how dangerous it could be!

fossilfinger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fossilfinger »

Chloe wrote:Controversial but dry fasting. Don't eat or drink for 36 hours.

How is this scientifically possible?

Evolve
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evolve »

People die during famines.

Post by Guest »

I've lost about 5lbs in a week before, all I did was eat 2 meals a day instead of 3 and I remember drinking loads of water. Although this made me super cranky and it just wasn't worth it in the end, lose weight fast for an event but then after the event is over try losing weight by exercising. That's what I found was easiest, I eat pretty healthy anyway so when I added exercise I dropped 10lbs pretty quickly.

thecitylightsburn
Informer
Informer

Post by thecitylightsburn »

Anything that is rushed isn't a long term result. I don't think fasting is a good idea, because you mainly lose water weight. That weight will be put back on once you resume eating again even if you make smaller portions. You should start out by cutting out all sugar, including sugary drinks. I remember seeing a photo of how much sugar was in each drink. Soda was the highest amount of sugar, and it was disgusting to look at. If you're not eating proper your body is storing that as fat. It's pretty much like a camel when they intake A LOT of water into their humps. Your body pretty much starts eating away at the stored fat, and not the active fat. I try to lose weight by walking. My nutrition doctor said walking burns more fat quicker than running.
I'm sweating like a sinner in a church.

The truth is that... Airports have seen more sincere kisses than wedding chapels,
and hospitals have heard more sincere prayers than church.

thatissofetch
Learner
Learner

Post by thatissofetch »

I lost 6 pounds in a week, dropped 2 pant sizes and saw physical results by drinking a lot of water. When I say a lot, I mean A LOT.

Every time you're hungry, drink a bottle of water first. If you're still hungry, then you actually hungry. Otherwise, it's just your brain trying to find something to do. Drink a glass before meals and before bed. I basically carried a water bottle with me all around the house. Obviously, you're going to be using the bathroom a lot more often, but its worth a try.

Hope this helps! It might work differently depending on your body type though.

sha1234

Post by sha1234 »

The master cleanse....man I lost 15lbs in 2 weeks. And actual inches and lbs. It's bloody hard to do and requires lots of will power but it works. I managed to keep the weight off for a year

ima
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ima »

Drugs. Bombed MDMA on new years, couldn't eat properly for about 4 days after, lost 6lbs.

downside was I put it all back on (and some) when I could eat normally the week after

Kleenex
Learner
Learner

Post by Kleenex »

Zoloft + no carbs. 10lbs in 1.5 weeks, it was insane.
<3

golddust
Lurker
Lurker

Post by golddust »

Just lost 7 pounds in 8 days with no 'fad' diet
Cross trainer every day for an hour (says I've burned 1100kcal on the machine but I estimate about 750)
Eaten 1200 calories a day, and a bit more on two days (one was a dinner party where I drank WAY too much, and one day I spent the day in London so didn't work out, ate two big meals there but walked a lot, and woke up 1.5lb lighter)

Return to “Fitness”