SprinkleOfGlitter Part 2

ilike_youtube
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: SprinkleOfGlitter Part 2

Post by ilike_youtube »

thelastbagel wrote:Sorry but...a baby clothes haul? Seriously? I didn't think it could get worse than stationery. What next, her groceries?
I love watching baby clothes hauls, maybe because I have a weakness for girls baby clothes.

The skirt with the dungaree type straps and the pinafore dress with the shirt was completely adorable!

MalinaNox
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by MalinaNox »

I thought it was fishy how she said she had Next vouchers but the video wasn't sponsored. Well the clothes were super cute, some of it was crazy expensive.

republique
Informer
Informer

Post by republique »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saneinsanity
Talker
Talker

Post by Saneinsanity »

I like Louise but I find it weird that she doesn't promote matt in her videos..unless I'm wrong. I sometimes avoid her videos because I can't stand the rest of the gleam squad and she's usually with them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kayuhsee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by kayuhsee »

ilike_youtube wrote:
thelastbagel wrote:Sorry but...a baby clothes haul? Seriously? I didn't think it could get worse than stationery. What next, her groceries?
I love watching baby clothes hauls, maybe because I have a weakness for girls baby clothes.

The skirt with the dungaree type straps and the pinafore dress with the shirt was completely adorable!
Yes the pinafore dress was SO cute!! I don't think it's that weird she did a baby clothes haul. I know she brands herself more as a beauty guru than the whole mom community on YT, but she is a mom. Now I will admit that seems like a crazy amount of money for kid clothes. I don't think I would spend that much on myself...

ilike_youtube
Debater
Debater

Post by ilike_youtube »

kayuhsee wrote:
ilike_youtube wrote:

Yes the pinafore dress was SO cute!! I don't think it's that weird she did a baby clothes haul. I know she brands herself more as a beauty guru than the whole mom community on YT, but she is a mom. Now I will admit that seems like a crazy amount of money for kid clothes. I don't think I would spend that much on myself...
She didn't say how many vouchers she had so the discounted price (hopefully) may not have been as much as the total rrp.

MalinaNox
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by MalinaNox »

ladyt wrote:Her new video.

What the actual fuck.
Yeah, she really didn't need to let the world know her day dreams.

MalinaNox
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by MalinaNox »

ladyt wrote:
MalinaNox wrote:
ladyt wrote:Her new video.

What the actual fuck.
Yeah, she really didn't need to let the world know her day dreams.
I just can't... I like her, but she's actually ridiculous. I think most people have the odd little fantasy that they drift off into and that's normal... but I don't think those people have a fantasy they've been expanded for over twenty years.
She said she started it when she was a child. It was probably her place away from her mom's death and her abuse. This was clear how she made a point of saying their parents weren't there. The whole thing is very childish and is pretty much her neverland.

rosieeex
Informer
Informer

Post by rosieeex »

It actually made me feel a bit sorry for her to be honest. You could tell that she was walking around it in her mind while talking about it rather than just making it up on the go. Who has time for a fantasy land and how crappy must things have been if you made the time.

kayuhsee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by kayuhsee »

I wonder if she has talked to anyone about her childhood. You think studying psychology and having a degree in it she would, but it doesn't really seem like that.

Biba girl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Biba girl »

I kinda thought it was a cool idea. Nothing wrong with having a little happy place you can get away to. More so, meditation (for one) highly encourages you to have one. Ok, hers seem to be rather elaborate, but she's that kind of person.

republique
Informer
Informer

Post by republique »

Interesting how people having anything out of what's declared the social norm, should see a therapist. From what I can see, she functions well as a person.

maccalacca
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by maccalacca »

It kills me that Matt has left his job to do youtube. Respect for them has gone down the pan.

miserlou
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by miserlou »

So she got to interview Kim Kardashian for Lipsy

rosieeex
Informer
Informer

Post by rosieeex »

republique wrote:Interesting how people having anything out of what's declared the social norm, should see a therapist. From what I can see, she functions well as a person.

Escaping/Day dreaming is completely normal. That wasn't. Listening to it actually quite upset me and made me feel very awkward - maybe I need to see a therapist? Probably.

What is Matt's channel? I saw one video and it bored the hell out of me. School's been back 2/3 days. I wonder how long it'll take until he gets the urge to go back.

republique
Informer
Informer

Post by republique »

I honestly hear what you're saying, I just wonder whether it could be a perfectly fine coping mechanism? Perhaps not. Who knows?

Do you know matts channel name cos that link didn't work on my phone x

samcm
Lurker
Lurker

Post by samcm »

I don't really follow Louise but occasionally lurk on this thread when I'm bored. Seeing this discussion, I want to put my two cents in.

I actually daydream quite unhealthly when I have too much free time in my hands, or after/during stressful situations. The visual/creative part of my brain (I'm not sure if there's a specific name for it, sorry if I sound dumb or uneducated) is quite developed and I can picture things way too vividly, so that was the perfect ambient for this kind of coping mechanism (I dealt - and still deal, to a minor degree - with low self-esteem + anxiety and shit).

Daydreaming/fantasizing is not wrong in itself, and Louise is not crazy or delusional. You can perfectly tell what is reality and what is fiction, when we're daydreaming and when we're not. Its different from hallucinations.

It is a problem when becomes an ADDICTION and stops you from living reality, since it's a pleasurable activity - a comfort zone - to get yourself numb, almost like drugs and alcohol.

I'm in no way saying that I have this or Louise has this, but if any of you is interested, you should read about Maladaptive Daydreaming Disorder.

I actually wonder if this is something Louise and Dan (Danisnotonfire) bonded over. I always thought their "friendship" was quite odd since they're both really different... But Dan shows very strong signs of MDD (his video "I Talk to Myself" where he talks about pacing and daydreaming is an example - I used to pace too and its the exact same thing).

vaccineskid
Lurker
Lurker

Post by vaccineskid »

I like Louise a lot, I think she is one of the better ones from the Gleam Team, but I have to admit that I found this video rrrrreeeaaalllllyyyyy boring. It was just 10 minutes of her rambling on about something that most people don't care about! I have no problem with her making a fantasy land, but really? Making a main channel video to explain it all?

kabukixo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kabukixo »

JK Rowling spends twenty years making up a world: IDOL
Louise does it: SHE NEEDS THERAPY

That said, I didn't actually watch the video. Sounds boring.

foreverthine
Informer
Informer

Post by foreverthine »

I really dislike the way her and Matt reacted to BuzzFeed using a Darcy gif in their article. They made it seem like they were angry that they used a gif of a kid in an article about weed, but if it was any other kid I bet they wouldn't even have batted an eye. They should get their kid off of the internet if they care so much. Such crap. These parents don't understand the damage they can inflict. ANYBODY can do anything with Darcy's clips and images...they don't own them once they are out there. It is scary.

Return to “Louise Pentland”