TV Shows you wish would get cancelled

TallButShort

Re: TV Shows you wish would get cancelled

Post by TallButShort »

wanderlust wrote:
I can't understand how Gossip Girl ended before 90210.
I LOVED GG but hate 90210. I think GG was smart to end it when it was still fairly rated ok.

Shows I think should be cancelled:

Vampire Diaries: I HATE the main girl so much.

Secret Life: How they created another "7th Heaven" I have no idea.

Dance Moms: It's the same concept over and over again!

American Idol: It's been too long.

2 Broke Girls: For some reason, this show is just SO boring.

That's really all I can think of right now. I know theres more.

whoa

Post by whoa »

The Secret Life did get canceled. I think it has like 1 season left that had already been filmed and then that is it. I don't know how it lasted as long as it did.

Morgan

Post by Morgan »

glee
buck wild/jersey shore spinoffs/teen mom
family guy & american dad
2.5 men

Alka
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Alka »

whoa wrote:Ugh I could never watch 90210 because I watched the original and I am a firm believer of a show rarely being good when it is a remake or a continuation of an older show. I think Dallas is the only one that has come back that I actually enjoy.

This one is random but I wish they would stop making new ScoobyDoos haha. I was with my cousin watching it one day and was so confused because the voices are different and everything. Like WTF this isn't ScoobyDoo. I watched the ones growing up with the ones that had Sonny and Cher and the Harlem Globe Trotters that were made in the 70s. Those are THE ScoobyDoos not this new crap they are showing. :| :|
I downloaded all of the original series 3 summers ago, loved it. Then the remake came out, I'm loving it too, it's my 'turn off the brains' kind of show, relaxing and entertaining :)

wanderlust
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wanderlust »

Alka wrote:
whoa wrote:Ugh I could never watch 90210 because I watched the original and I am a firm believer of a show rarely being good when it is a remake or a continuation of an older show. I think Dallas is the only one that has come back that I actually enjoy.

This one is random but I wish they would stop making new ScoobyDoos haha. I was with my cousin watching it one day and was so confused because the voices are different and everything. Like WTF this isn't ScoobyDoo. I watched the ones growing up with the ones that had Sonny and Cher and the Harlem Globe Trotters that were made in the 70s. Those are THE ScoobyDoos not this new crap they are showing. :| :|
I downloaded all of the original series 3 summers ago, loved it. Then the remake came out, I'm loving it too, it's my 'turn off the brains' kind of show, relaxing and entertaining :)
lol I guess that's my problem...I think about it too hard. I never turn my brain off for tv shows so I'm always questioning things :P. Silly, probably, to do this for tv shows.

thismustbetheplace
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by thismustbetheplace »

The Secret Life of the American Teenager: what is this show even? my college roommate was obsessed with it, but it has the most wooden acting and the most Hallmark Channel-worthy plots ever. how did this get on the air?

How I Met Your Mother: I'm sure everyone will hate me for saying this, but I don't get the appeal. The characters are not funny or interesting.

The Big Bang Theory: Hey, let's put a bunch of nerd stereotypes into a show and poke repetitive fun at them! Sounds good!

The Simpsons: don't get me wrong, 90s Simpsons was genius, but this show has totally gone to sh*t from the late 90s onward. why won't it die already?

American Idol/So You Think You Can Dance/America's Got Talent/etc.: ughhhhh. how are people still interested in this stuff? it's the same thing every year.

all the shows like Extreme Couponers, Hillbillly Handfishing, Storage Wars, etc.: I don't understand how they can go on and on and on. It's just the same thing over and over again! why can't they just make a documentary about each topic and leave it? Also I hate Intervention because it is exploitative.

thismustbetheplace
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by thismustbetheplace »

wanderlust wrote:lol I guess that's my problem...I think about it too hard. I never turn my brain off for tv shows so I'm always questioning things :P. Silly, probably, to do this for tv shows.
haha, I do the same thing. for example, why is it never winter on Skins UK or Degrassi even though they both take place in cold temperate regions? that bothers me SO MUCH.

Maysilee
Talker
Talker

Post by Maysilee »

TallButShort wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
I can't understand how Gossip Girl ended before 90210.
I LOVED GG but hate 90210. I think GG was smart to end it when it was still fairly rated ok.

Shows I think should be cancelled:

Vampire Diaries: I HATE the main girl so much.

Secret Life: How they created another "7th Heaven" I have no idea.

Dance Moms: It's the same concept over and over again!

American Idol: It's been too long.

2 Broke Girls: For some reason, this show is just SO boring.

That's really all I can think of right now. I know theres more.
Gah, this! I have no idea why but I can't stand this show. It's on E4 quite often, but I think it's just so damn unrealistic. I haven't really read up on the show that much but I can't really imagine living in an apartment like that and managing to stay afloat with a job at a diner. But, hey, it's a tv show! Oh well.

Also, Misfits should be cancelled. I loved the first two series, but couldn't really watch series three. And series four wasn't worth watching. Any tv show that is still entertaining after the third or fourth series are far and few between. It was a great concept, but I think they should just put it to rest.

wanderlust
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wanderlust »

thismustbetheplace wrote:
wanderlust wrote:lol I guess that's my problem...I think about it too hard. I never turn my brain off for tv shows so I'm always questioning things :P. Silly, probably, to do this for tv shows.
haha, I do the same thing. for example, why is it never winter on Skins UK or Degrassi even though they both take place in cold temperate regions? that bothers me SO MUCH.
0_0 I never thought about that. Oh great, now when I watch I'll be thinking it, too. ha

Alka
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Alka »

Maysilee wrote:
Gah, this! I have no idea why but I can't stand this show. It's on E4 quite often, but I think it's just so damn unrealistic. I haven't really read up on the show that much but I can't really imagine living in an apartment like that and managing to stay afloat with a job at a diner. But, hey, it's a tv show! Oh well.

Also, Misfits should be cancelled. I loved the first two series, but couldn't really watch series three. And series four wasn't worth watching. Any tv show that is still entertaining after the third or fourth series are far and few between. It was a great concept, but I think they should just put it to rest.
I think it is the end of misfits, I loved the show, but yeah the last season was atrocious

whoa

Post by whoa »

wanderlust wrote:
thismustbetheplace wrote:
0_0 I never thought about that. Oh great, now when I watch I'll be thinking it, too. ha
I over analyze things like that too when watching TV and movies. I love NCIS but pick it apart all the time because there are so many things wrong with the show. It is like common sense doesn't exist in the land of TV, but I guess if it did then shows may be a bit boring.

Slagg
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Slagg »

I dk if it's already been said: SpongeBob SquarePants. Aaaaanndd Adventure Time .
I WISH YOU WOULD, bitch nozzle.

dafuckkk
Informer
Informer

Post by dafuckkk »

The Bachelor and The Bachelorette.. I think only one couple are still together from the multiple seasons? I couldn't watch it knowing that they almost are guaranteed to break up.

Maysilee
Talker
Talker

Post by Maysilee »

Alka wrote:
Maysilee wrote:

I think it is the end of misfits, I loved the show, but yeah the last season was atrocious
Hopefully it is. I haven't really seen any of the later episodes of the season, but it should have ended by now. The first few episodes I can't really recall, but the acting was okay, nothing great. I couldn't stand Rudy though, he was probably my least favourite character, but everyone else (especially on tumblr) seemed to love him. Suppose he was the 'Nathan' substitute.

Doctor's Companion
Learner
Learner

Post by Doctor's Companion »

How I Met Your Mother - I don't get how this show still exists, it's awful now.
Family Guy - Isn't funny.
The Simpsons - hasn't been funny for years.

Maysilee
Talker
Talker

Post by Maysilee »

Oh, I always have to turn off How I Met Your Mother whenever it comes on. Pointless show, especially since the main character is so hard to like. No point in having a show where the character always on screen is just plain unlikable.

wanderlust
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wanderlust »

Doctor's Companion wrote: Family Guy - Isn't funny.
I know! I have no idea how I once thought it was hilarious, but I guess I'll chalk it up to being 17 and having an immature sense of humor? Anyway, it needs to die. Occasionally, I'll try to watch a recent episode and I just sit there staring at my screen til I finally give up.

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

Maysilee wrote:Oh, I always have to turn off How I Met Your Mother whenever it comes on. Pointless show, especially since the main character is so hard to like. No point in having a show where the character always on screen is just plain unlikable.
himym is hilarious... ted is an okay character, but barney, lily and marshall are genius characters. even robin is good. the whole show is great.
imma ball til the day i fall

TWDfan
Learner
Learner

Post by TWDfan »

JadeNguyen wrote:Glee
The Walking Dead
Arrow
Beauty and the Beast
New Girl
Supernatural
ANTM; I can't stand Tyra Banks!
I lovee The Walking Dead. :cry:

Jersey Shore, Honey Boo boo and American Idol can go.

hellukittu
Informer
Informer

Post by hellukittu »

TWDfan wrote: I lovee The Walking Dead. :cry:

Jersey Shore, Honey Boo boo and American Idol can go.
i agree, i can't really fault much with the show, especially with the third season being so amazing. maybe some factual errors, but i think the characters are amazing, and so are the actors, not to mention the storyline. it's fiction, so even some factual errors don't bother me so much
just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right

Return to “TV Shows”