Elaine Mokk

stlawrenceriver
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Elaine Mokk

Post by stlawrenceriver »

Has anybody else watched this girl? She's got about 53,500 subscribers and her main claim to fame is her horrible acne and her Accutane journey. For the most part she's pretty funny, and couldn't care less about rude commentaries, but sometimes she says bizarre things. This video was awkward and a bit unbelievable;

She talks about being paralyzed before thirty, out of nowhere really, and her dad's gambling addiction... :? Well not out of nowhere, because youtube won't pay her...so she can't pay off her dad's debts. :shock:

I'm just confused about the whole thing. And truth notwithstanding, what a weird way to come out about such serious personal issues. Also a bit confused how she can afford expensive makeup and jewellery if she needs youtube money to 'save her family'. She can't be getting paid that much.

*sigh* I'm just disappointed, it used to be a fun watch, now she's made it a sob story.

Anyone else have views on this girl?

FuzzerWuzzer13
Naughty
Naughty

Re: Elaine Mokk--mixed feelings, too

Post by FuzzerWuzzer13 »

stlawrenceriver wrote:Has anybody else watched this girl? She's got about 53,500 subscribers and her main claim to fame is her horrible acne and her Accutane journey. For the most part she's pretty funny, and couldn't care less about rude commentaries, but sometimes she says bizarre things. This video was awkward and a bit unbelievable;

She talks about being paralyzed before thirty, out of nowhere really, and her dad's gambling addiction... :? Well not out of nowhere, because youtube won't pay her...so she can't pay off her dad's debts. :shock:

I'm just confused about the whole thing. And truth notwithstanding, what a weird way to come out about such serious personal issues. Also a bit confused how she can afford expensive makeup and jewellery if she needs youtube money to 'save her family'. She can't be getting paid that much.

*sigh* I'm just disappointed, it used to be a fun watch, now she's made it a sob story.

Anyone else have views on this girl?
I kinda felt like that, too. But the way I see it, we live in a media-saturated time. If you are really putting things out there, it might feel like you're just talking to a camera, no? I wonder if she's ever met some of the people that watch her.

It is pretty heavy to hear these things, but people have no where to vent, so they prop up a camera and make it a confessional. Not that that's a bad thing, but it's hard to know how to take something like that. I found her since stress basically broke my skin and neck and back OUT so bad. I had to go back on contraceptives to control the breakouts and I found her channel one night, I really could not sleep, I had acne bumps everywhere. Watching how she covered the cysts with makeup was pretty amazing to me, and I researched brands so I could face that world without looking like a pizza.

I've since gotten my hormones under control, and began to sub to her channel. I think she just has a very irreverant style, but I also feel she's an ebayer without saying much. I lost a lot when I lost my home and had to replace some items thru craigslist and ebay. You can make some good offers on some things without them being truly expensive.

Another jewelry trick to buy vermeile (spelling?). It's basically a solid gold-flecked coating on mixed metals. metals that would normally turn green due to nickel-cadmium stay true to rose gold color with vermele (sorry, I do not know how to spell this word, I feel like a dork!)

I think she's just a savvy shopper and that the stuff in her room is not that expensive. I managed to find earrings and whatnot after I had to sell all my expensive jewelry. I swear you'd not know that it was costume-y unless you actually had a magnifying glass from a jeweler.

She's funny overall, but with a family like that, I guess you have to put on a brave face. My family has a few gamblers in it, it's up and down, come and go with their money. I learned NOT to lend a loooong time ago.

:D
whatever. who wants pie?

white trash sparkles
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

ElaineMokk

Post by white trash sparkles »

I liked her originally and felt bad for her due to her severe acne but as time progressed I realized this girl is a raging b*tch lunatic with a chip on her shoulder. I can't believe how rude she is to her subscribers in the comment section and I was also appalled by how she lied in that vlog about "going to be paralyzed by age 30" because she cracked her tale bone years ago... who would even believe that? what's wrong with this girl, that's medically impossible. She clearly is a compulsive liar looking for money and attention.

Clemence
Debater
Debater

Re: ElaineMokk

Post by Clemence »

I feel sorry for her. =(
I can understand how someone with such severe acne will have a chip on their shoulder. Poor girl.

white trash sparkles
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Clemence wrote:I feel sorry for her. =(
I can understand how someone with such severe acne will have a chip on their shoulder. Poor girl.
I can see how her skin makes her a bit agitated however she crosses the line on how she interacts with her subs. People will post innocuous comments like "Maybe you shouldn't touch your face and avoid dairy" and she'll respond with "shut the f*ck up b*tch!" - it's like whoah girl, calm down. And there's no excuse for her to lie and make up stories about her health and financial situation, that's just rotten.

Curiosity
Informer
Informer

Post by Curiosity »

Here's another thread about her: http://gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7908
(` ーωー´)

white trash sparkles
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

...Yet another b*tchy video. Oh my God... did she really call all her subscribers idiots?

harajukuhunny
Learner
Learner

Post by harajukuhunny »

Bi-winning wrote:I liked her originally and felt bad for her due to her severe acne but as time progressed I realized this girl is a raging b*tch lunatic with a chip on her shoulder. I can't believe how rude she is to her subscribers in the comment section and I was also appalled by how she lied in that vlog about "going to be paralyzed by age 30" because she cracked her tale bone years ago... who would even believe that? what's wrong with this girl, that's medically impossible. She clearly is a compulsive liar looking for money and attention.

i don't know what that whole "cracked my tailbone" noise is about. but years ago i did get a cyst on my tailbone that if not taken care of could have paralyzed me. but that would've happened right then and there not in years...hm...i don't know...yeah just seems like an attention seeking lie haha.

flylikeacg
Debater
Debater

Re: Elaine Mokk

Post by flylikeacg »

This bitch is fucking rude. I really hate her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

white trash sparkles
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

She is honestly so obnoxious and I hate her "childlike/cute/sexy face" she always puts on in her youtube thumbnails and in pictures.

http://web.stagram.com/p/675805548903983947_373542617

I all around hate her entire personality. She lies constantly and is a complete bitch. And I know she's being sent those BB creams for free to review on youtube even though she claims she bought them with her hard earned money from her "3 jobs". I question that she paid over a thousand dollars for a six month course of accutane too, I live in Ontario as well and paid less then $30 bucks a months and $180 for the entire 6-7 month course of accutane without insurance.

foxoxoxo
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by foxoxoxo »

What did you guys think of her racist Mac video?? I'm amazed of how much of a pushover she is, no matter how meek one might seem or I might seem, racists comments do not fly with me
Makoto Tachibana gives me a reason to get up in the morning Image

LaLaLaLaHateYou

Post by LaLaLaLaHateYou »

^ Just watched that video.

Ugh, I really really REALLY dislike racism, but what I hate more is people who stand by like "Oh, what? Who me? I don't want to get involved."

They are JUST AS racist. I'd actually prefer someone who says racist shit out loud because than wonder. (We can also do it Inglorious Basterd style too. I kid, I kid.) ANYWAYSSS...

I think it is really difficult to know what the right thing to do would have been. If she had made a scene, it would have only worked if others agreed with what she was saying (WHICH I HOPE SOMEONE WOULD!). Otherwise, she is just another person of color "playing the race card" even though it was blatantly racist. If she had talked to the manager, all the coworkers (seemingly) would have probably sided with the racist bitch and from what it seems like, maybe even the manager would have shared a similar view. She even walked out and the racist person was like, "SEE~ I was right!!!" She can't buy the product to show them that they are wrong because then she gets the commission/supports the company.

What she was talking about reminded me of the 'What Would You Do -- Racism in an Upscale Store' episode.

pinkladyalley35
Informer
Informer

Post by pinkladyalley35 »

I don't know why, but I had a feeling she was exaggerating that Mac story to the extreme. While I don't doubt that she was treated rudely by Mac employees, I find it hard to believe that a Mac employee would yell "don't help her, she's asian, she won't buy anything". I mean come on, she said it was busy that day so if a person yelled that several people would have heard it. I can't imagine several people hearing something like that and not saying anything. Also, her lack of action also makes me question the truth to her story. I understand not making a scene in the store, but I would have gotten the ladies name and called the Mac manager, the department store manager, the Mac corporate offices, possibly my local news station...etc. I sure as heck wouldn't have simply gone to another Mac counter until I found out from Mac itself that their brand as a whole didn't hate my race! Then, she loves filming rant videos, yet she waits a year before ranting about it on youtube?
Here is what I think probably happened. She went to Mac and was ignored and treated rudely by a Mac employee (like many of us have been). She felt insecure about why they weren't helping her, so she figured it must be due to her race(maybe it was). However, that isn't a very interesting story so she embellished it. That's my take on it, but not that hard to imagine given her flair for dramatics ie. broken tailbone =paralyzed by 30. Also, she is young and immature and seems to feel the need to embellish things to make her life seem more intetesting.

foxoxoxo
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by foxoxoxo »

I agree! Like it was too over the top for no one to help her out, who knows honestly, but seriously like no one would stand up and say something about that, especially that ignorant, or no one was recording the debacle in this day and age???
Believe me I know how it is to be at a Mac store and being ignored, it used to be like that for me when I started expanding my makeup horizons but it's just the whole pretentious thing that goes hand in hand with a certain crowd of people, aside from that, it could be a race thing or it couldn't be, I just find the story a bit strange tbh, idk she does have flair for dramatics

pseudo1
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by pseudo1 »

foxoxoxo wrote:What did you guys think of her racist Mac video?? I'm amazed of how much of a pushover she is, no matter how meek one might seem or I might seem, racists comments do not fly with me
She's OBVIOUSLY a compulsive liar who lacks of attention, she annoys the crap out of me, I can't believe her minions can't see throught her bullshit ! BTW her foundations and BB creams are always A THOUSANDS shades too light for her ! she's certainly NOT an NC20 LOOOL just LOOOOL ! She's rather an NW40 bitch needs to come back to earth !

Chloe_Bean
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Chloe_Bean »

foxoxoxo wrote:I agree! Like it was too over the top for no one to help her out, who knows honestly, but seriously like no one would stand up and say something about that, especially that ignorant, or no one was recording the debacle in this day and age???
Believe me I know how it is to be at a Mac store and being ignored, it used to be like that for me when I started expanding my makeup horizons but it's just the whole pretentious thing that goes hand in hand with a certain crowd of people, aside from that, it could be a race thing or it couldn't be, I just find the story a bit strange tbh, idk she does have flair for dramatics
Yea, I've walked into a MAC store and have been ignored, with the two sales girls just continuing to talk to each other and not ask anyone if they need help,p which I think is funny because mac isn't that high end.

foxoxoxo
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by foxoxoxo »

MAC is more overrated than it is high end lol so that's where some MAC girls get their big ass egos from
Yeah homegirls ain't as porcelain as she thinks she is, I think the photo wonder and meitu apps are getting to her thinking she's light haha
I'm an NW40-42 during winter 45 during summer
Seriously you can see where the bob cream starts and ends on her but then she tries to justify it by saying it oxidizes when it still looks light on her lmao

Her rant videos piss me off, they're nonsensical and then she gets super pissy when people give her advice on her skin

pseudo1
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by pseudo1 »

foxoxoxo wrote:MAC is more overrated than it is high end lol so that's where some MAC girls get their big ass egos from
Yeah homegirls ain't as porcelain as she thinks she is, I think the photo wonder and meitu apps are getting to her thinking she's light haha
I'm an NW40-42 during winter 45 during summer
Seriously you can see where the bob cream starts and ends on her but then she tries to justify it by saying it oxidizes when it still looks light on her lmao

Her rant videos piss me off, they're nonsensical and then she gets super pissy when people give her advice on her skin
Exactly, she uses photo wonder like crazy but she should accept her skin tone, olive skin tones are gorgeous too, she looks nasty when she has this white bb cream mask on her face, her neck is always at least 5 shades darker than her face.Her makeup skills suck too.

white trash sparkles
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

It's so funny how the Mac employees wouldn't help her because she is "asian" as the only people working their at that particular Mac location in yorkdale shopping center (she mentioned the location on her now deleted blog months ago) are almost all Asian/east indian. I just went in there the other day! she is so full of sh*t. The majority of people who live in the GTA (greater toronto area) are non whites anyway, a VERY large asian population as well - it's the "whites" that are the minority if anything. Racism statistically against asians is highly unlikely due to this ratio, also there are hate speech laws in Canada that are very punitive .

drollgirl
Debater
Debater

Post by drollgirl »

Someone's trolling for attention...again.
[img]i.imgur.com/57wbvmm.png[/img]
[img]i.imgur.com/8ylwhKg.png[/img]

I REALLY doubt anyone would call her slutty right to her face, anyway.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

edit: okay, I can't get the images to work, but here are the links.

It's all on her ig anyway.

Return to “A-E”