Helen MelonLady / snakebitesparkles

fruitloaf

Re: Helen MelonLady / snakebitesparkles

Post by fruitloaf »

^

I also saw that comment she made on twitter and I couldn't help but think that she reads here and tried to justify the fact that she was also spoken to negativity by her dad. So in turn it's OK that Matt speaks to her badly. At the same time I kind of think she's lying about her dad swearing at her growing up just to make Matt's attitude towards her normal.

A father should never swear at their child, it's so wrong and the fact that she's openly sharing this on twitter just shows how irresponsible and ignorant she is because of her following also being impressionable young girls. Her whole mentality is becoming corrupted and sadly she's just in denial.

silverluna
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by silverluna »

This is kind of a long shot but I've just watched her EMA Rotterdam vlog and does anyone know what kind of colour settings or filter she used on her vlog? I just liked the cold/bluey colour scheme to it? I'm not very video savvy but I'd really like to know. If anyone can help i'd really appreciated it!!

Irishish
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Irishish »

So Matt said he had to sleep in the car because Helen was being "unresponsive"

Which makes it sound like she was ignoring him or asleep, when in reality he text "you still up?" She said text back yeah and he replied "never mind"

Because she sounded MOODY?! How is saying yes being moody, that is odd behaviour.

Archmanlia
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Archmanlia »

fruitloaf wrote:^

I also saw that comment she made on twitter and I couldn't help but think that she reads here and tried to justify the fact that she was also spoken to negativity by her dad. So in turn it's OK that Matt speaks to her badly. At the same time I kind of think she's lying about her dad swearing at her growing up just to make Matt's attitude towards her normal.

A father should never swear at their child, it's so wrong and the fact that she's openly sharing this on twitter just shows how irresponsible and ignorant she is because of her following also being impressionable young girls. Her whole mentality is becoming corrupted and sadly she's just in denial.
she does, she made a video awhile back with hazel hayzel (I think it was?) and they were reading the things that people were saying on their threads.

fruitloaf

Post by fruitloaf »

I saw that she said on twitter that she's not sure what videos to film. I think her chatty videos are interesting where she talks about topics of interests, advice (not relationship based), cooking, life updates, DIYs, jewellery/shoe collections, band videos (maybe come on tour with me), what I eat in a week and also morning/night routine videos which she used to do on her main channel. She's got a great personality so I think her audience would like to see more of that than mundane ASOS and Topshop hauls.

noragrets
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by noragrets »

Irishish wrote:So Matt said he had to sleep in the car because Helen was being "unresponsive"

Which makes it sound like she was ignoring him or asleep, when in reality he text "you still up?" She said text back yeah and he replied "never mind"

Because she sounded MOODY?! How is saying yes being moody, that is odd behaviour.
yeah that was so weird. it almost seemed as if he slept in the car on purpose so he could laud it over her the next day so she'd have to make it up to him

fruitloaf

Post by fruitloaf »

I found her last few main channel videos to be good and it's a nice break from her usual hauls. I also like her current magenta hair colour, I think it really suits her as it's darker and looks much healthier.

nocoolname
Learner
Learner

Post by nocoolname »

I agree. I think she's trying to be more creative which is good. Also noticed Mathew has calmed down a bit now. He's more tolerable to watch in the vlogs.

holmby
Learner
Learner

Post by holmby »

I love the whole ''omg why is Helen with Matthew he's a dick"

She's terribly emotionally insecure with herself and her content, and her job security is 0%

It's not right but she's not leaving him, no matter how much of a dick he is

MullyGal11
Stalker
Stalker

Post by MullyGal11 »

*Long time lurker, first time poster*

Just had to write this post as am getting seriously annoyed at Helen now, particularly after her last 'what i ate' video.

Even though I'm vegan myself, It doesn't bother me what other people eat. I respect that it's everyone's own choice. Most of my family arn't veggie and neither is my boyfriend so just to clear that up firstly.

Anyway, what I do not have any tolerance for is the fact that Helen keeps saying that she is 'cutting down on meat'. I remember watching one of her videos a while ago in which she said that Matthew had basically gone veggie and she was eating meat like once a week. Fine.

How come then when I watch this video she is stuffing it in practically every meal? Again I wouldn't have a problem if she had decided that veggie wasn't for her and was eating more meat again but I look down at the comments section and see that she commented back to someone (not sure how to post a snap shot of it on here? Actually I've just looked and seems she has DELETED the comment, probably for reasons that I am pointing out) Anyway it said something along the lines of: 'I just try to do my bit, I know I eat a lot of chicken but that's the only meat I eat and I always try to order veggie when out. Everything in balance man'.
Bish if that's true then why you eating gammon for dinner and beef when you're out? Last time I checked pork enchiladas didn't come from no chicken?!

Sorry for rant just this really grates on me because it's pretty insulting to everyone who doesn't eat meat for this wannabe to prance around claiming she is leaving meat off her plate and 'trying to do her bit' but then shovelling in the ham sandwiches in every other scene! :roll:

fruitloaf

Post by fruitloaf »

^
I do agree with this actually. She is quite an emotionally insecure person going by her vlogs particularly. It's as if she always needs validation from others. Matt has seemed to calm down with his bad attitude, but I honestly think that it did impact on her and lowered her confidence and self-esteem because he was constantly putting her down and being nit-picky. A few years ago when I started watching her channel she seemed self -assured, head-strong, fun and independent with a 'don't mess with me' attitude but still friendly and nice.

With regards to her job, she seems to be quite unsure of herself and probably feels comfortable doing something 'safe' not going beyond her comfort level. I just think somebody or a situation took away her confidence and self-belief to be her usual creative and original self.

I think so too and I don't think she will ever leave him. Even if she gets depressed or feels that it's not working out. I was just baffled before on how she can vlog herself being bullied and not react or move on from him but then I realised that everybody has different levels of tolerating the people in their lives and maybe she is content deep down and wants to settle down. It's strange, but I still think that she's not being herself. Even most of her subscribers have mentioned Matt being a negative influence.

Irishish
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Irishish »

The YouTube glory days are over.

Do any of these YouTubers not have a career plan???

Irishish
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Irishish »

The YouTube glory days are over.

Do any of these YouTubers not have a career plan???

fruitloaf

Post by fruitloaf »

P.S. My favourite Box of Light songs are 'You Try' and 'Falling'.

:love2:

noragrets
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by noragrets »

helen blaming yt when her content is boring af. riiiiiight it's all youtube's fault

fruitloaf

Post by fruitloaf »

I watched her recent vlog in regards to Youtuber's not getting much views as they did before. I have noticed that many content creators have been experiencing the same issue, so it's not just her channels. I do see her point about feeling disheartened and only doing videos that gets the best views, but I think she originally built her brand on her quirky unique personality which is great because people actually watch her videos because they like her as a person and find her relatable/interesting. She still has loyal, dedicated subscribers who always watch her videos in spite of what she films. Which is why I started watching her videos as I found her to be real and not superficial. Even though she has changed slightly, I do genuinely think that she's one of the most authentic Youtuber's. She has her own personal style, attitude, personality, interests and does not conform or follows trends which makes her stand out and is inspiring to her viewers.

nocoolname
Learner
Learner

Post by nocoolname »

Its a shame she's been feeling down about her content and views lately. I just think people these days are getting bored of these beauty bloggers. I find myself not watching as many of her main channel videos than I used to. I much prefer vlogs because it brings that realness. Years a go you could watch a haul or a review and you'd feel confident in the youtubers opinion but you don't get that anymore because you never know what's sponsored and what's not.

Does anyone else feel like this? I honestly feel like this is a huge reason for her losing views.

fruitloaf

Post by fruitloaf »

I have these same thoughts too and it's quite sad. I just think that Youtube has lost it's momentum and had it's day. It's similar with many new phenomenon's that become popular, a few years down the line they get uninteresting and people become bored.

On a whole, I no longer trust the opinions and reviews of beauty/fashion Youtubers because it's just not convincing anymore mainly due to the over sponsored nature of their content. The Youtube market has become over-saturated and it seems as though many are only doing videos for the money, not because of their genuine interest in creating content.

I also think that Youtube was at it's peak between 2012- 2014 which was the best years in my opinion. I have become disinterested with Youtube for a few years now because I've lost interest and cannot sit through main channel videos without clicking exit. Everything has become repetitive and lacking in substance. Vlogging channels are also what I only watch now because, it's usually much more authentic and less edited.

fruitloaf

Post by fruitloaf »

Helen's recent vlog has made me see her in a different light. I found it really unfair when she kept filming other Youtuber's particularly Lily Melrose who clearly looked very uncomfortable and did not want to be filmed. Then she proceeded to film her in very unflattering angles and zooming in on her face.

I just think that as friendly and cool she comes across, she seems to be one of those people who have a dark side to their personality and would be petty, bitchy, self-righteous, calculated and nit-picky to make you look bad. I got the vibe that she probably does not like Leanne Lim-Walker (who I find to be really nice and relatable) for some reason. In Leanne's vlog she was just filming her surroundings and briefly showed the Red Hare team. When Leanne pointed the camera at Helen saying 'hello' she had the dirtiest look of disgust on her face and she turned round to Zoe London rolling her eyes as if to say why is Leanne here. I found that incredibly rude. I can only think it's probably out of jealousy towards Leanne or they don't get along very well. However, she pretty much showed herself up in that Vlog and her actions were in poor taste. She was acting like those cocky loud lads in social gatherings, who attention seek and disrespect people just to score brownie points.

Irishish
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Irishish »

Over every single decade things come in to fashion and then go away and YouTube is no different.

I think the best YouTube days were 2009-2012, as I joined here in 2012 when I started noticing a lot of BS going on with most of the new YouTuber's I was coming across.

I think a lot of YouTuber's really fall down because of their ego, they show off and throw tantrums when they don't hear the things they want to hear. Its really distasteful, everyone has plenty to moan about in their jobs or careers but we keep that private and do our jobs without moaning.

Return to “Helen Anderson”