Sona Gasparian
Jaclyn Hill
easyNeon
Nikkietutorials
Amelia Liana

Channels I'm unsure about:
Karima McKimmie
Pixiwoo
I'm sure there are others but I can't think off the top of my head ...

I was scrolling through Instagram one day and just got sick of all the materialism and showing off expensive things for no reason - like oh check out this lipstick while the keys to my Ferrari just chill out in the background. I like nice things, and I will spend money for quality items, but it just seemed so unnecessary. I feel like people will feel so much pressure to have the most expensive things, and if they don't then they're not cool or whatever. I know I sound like I'm 80, but every YouTuber who gains success just flips and becomes so unrelatable, and feels like they have to show off all this STUFF. Oh now I'm channelling TiffanyD with the rambling ... I'll stop.

aimyeol
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 'Gurus' you've unsubscribed to

Post by aimyeol »

tati
grav3yargirl
nikkietutorials
mannymua
jeffree star
simplynailogical
trisha paytas
piinksparkles
kandee johnson
lustrelux
ilikeweylie
loeylane
jk news

a whole bunch more, i genuinely only watch baking channels, dance/choreography, korean entertainment shows and john kuckian nowadays. there's very few youtubers that don't sell out/become a boring robot and it's really unfortunate. youtube was supposed to be a place of entertainment and community not promotions, drama and making millions from sitting in front of a camera talking about a product you've never even tried/cared for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mooglenz
Debater
Debater

Post by Mooglenz »

Shaaanxo - whiny spoilt girl. Needs to own up to herself and stop behaving like a 16 year old school dropout.

Lauren Curtis - she seems so forced and looking really plastic.

Nikkietutorials - Feels like she needs to remove her makeup with a spatula. Looking more plastic each time and tutorials are too similar.

Generally I unfollow someone if I feel like they're hopping on a gravy train.

mangotemptation99
Learner
Learner

Post by mangotemptation99 »

Glamorzzi- She's too much for me now haha

I don't really follow big youtubers except for Michelle Phan & stuff.

1jinxyminxy
Stalker
Stalker

Post by 1jinxyminxy »

I've unsubscribed to several here lately
Trisha Paytas : I'm just over her
Gigi Gorgeous: She has become sickening and so plastic and fake

cheesecakelover
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cheesecakelover »

Jaclyn Hill: I'm just fed up with her and her fake ass and over the top personality.

Carli Bybel: I don't really know why. I just found her annoying.
Nicole Guirrerro: (idek how to spell her last name, and i won't try) She got boring and I felt like she didn't have any great ideas anymore.
Shaaanxo: I found myself not clicking on her videos.
Lauren Curtis: She got boring.
Kandee Johnson: I didn't find her videos useful for me since she was always doing halloween stuff.
Ilikeweylie: She was cute at first but she didn't do much makeup (back then, idk about now) and I didn't find myself reaching for her videos anymore.
Teni Panosian: She's really boring.
TiffanyD: I subscribed to her because another guru had recommended her, but then I realized I had the wrong girl and unsubscribed.

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

hollieforrest2
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by hollieforrest2 »

Glamorazzziii :rofl: , Juicystar :|

CheriBeriBem
Informer
Informer

Post by CheriBeriBem »

Shaaanxo : too irritating
Pixiwoo: they look down on their viewers
Carlibybel: her positive quotes are stupid just like her
piinkspaekles: HELLO CUTIESSSS!! :FU:
Wayne Goss: he thinks he's sexy while he's actually creepy

Post by Guest »

macbarbie07. her videos literally serve no purpose.

BeautifulColt
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by BeautifulColt »

I was subscribed to John Kuckian for like... a day then unsubbed when I found out all the stuff he did on the sly.
That guy is quite a piece of work.

backatitagain
Informer
Informer

Post by backatitagain »

Amelia Liana her instagram like fake life was getting on my nerves, so unrelatable

Nikkietutorials too fake and over the top

Tati "oh I don't care if someone is mean to people they are nice to me so they can't be mean."

Jeffree Star mean person

Freddy my love I think I subscribed to her in the beginning of her channel and just wanted to look how it turns out. I just think she is to fluffy, perfect and self involved.

Lucy and Lydia they annoy me and generally don't seem like nice people. (I just watched their Juju on the beat video after reading through their thread :o :? and I'm so glad I unsubscribed a long time ago.)

Gabby I can't with her only talking about singing, Kardashians and Pretty Little Liars and whatnot and she seems as she does not live in reality.

LaurieShelby
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by LaurieShelby »

Sincerelygracie: I used to like her but her videos are boring and has no content
Itslaurendotcom: I used to like her and I love her makeup but she's always talking about social media and she seems insecure and she barealy uploads videos
Sabrine Maghnie: I used to like her a lot but she posted a video every two months and then she dissapears.
Danielle mansutti: I can't stand her
Shanni grimmond: I stop watching her since she posted a video dancing with a nazi flag and all her videos are the same

Iamtsubame
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Iamtsubame »

Shaaanxo - she cannot stop promoting her own products. i used to watch her videos every time she uploads but too much advertising :|

dammmmmmmc

Post by dammmmmmmc »

Lydia E Millen

soycapwithone
Debater
Debater

Post by soycapwithone »

- KarimaMcKimmie. Too much high end and sooo many products tested on animals. Her videos are very polished but feel a bit mechanical to me.

- JaclynHill. Her personality is just too much for me, plus she seems shady AF.

- AllanaDavison. Unsubscribed for a long time because I found her boring, have recently re-subscribed though.

- Jess and Gabriel. Not a beauty guru but they have become super obnoxious in their videos, constantly plugging and basically doing everything for vlog content, rather than for the joy of doing it.

- JefreeStar. Not only racist but I found his constant flaunting of his wealth pretty sickening.

- SacconeJolys. Again not beauty guru but filming your children everyday and putting it on the internet doesn't sit well with me. Plus I found Jonathan really annoying and I find Anna to be a bit snooty and... IDK, unlikeable somehow.

- Lydia E Millen. Head so far up her own arse it's amazing she can hear anyone.

- Tati. admire her work ethic but she isn't even that good at makeup and her handling of the Jefree Starr fiasco was immature AF. Deleting comments that called her out, labelling ANY sort of criticism as people being "haters".

- Lauren Curtis. She's innocuous but she rarely uploads nowadays and yeah, I guess I'm just bored.

- Carlibybel. She always does looks I would never wear, so it wasn't really relatable anymore.

- NikkiTutorials. Same as above - loves to pile on the makeup which isn't my style.

- KandeeJohnson. Her cutsey voice and questionable makeup skills made me unsubscribe. I do like her costume ones though.

-grav3yargirl. OTT.

smartypants
Talker
Talker

Post by smartypants »

Chloe Morello - loved her, but she is no tuploading enough and he stuff that she uploads is boring or sponsored
Tati - she thinks like she is THE shit in the beautycommunity because she is a bit older then the rest of her squad. fake and annoying. i dont know why people think she is a nice person... i just cannot stand her. ew.
Christine Kobzeff? - sry if i pronounced it wrong. i have to say this but she has issues. i def will not support this kind of behaviour - had to unsub. she is decluttering and then buying againd, (neverending circle). sth is just wrong with her
Jeffree - of course.
Laura Lee - the second she started to sing this stupid intro song, demanding to subrsibe i unsubed.
Alana Davison - boring
Jackie Aina - she doesnt seem like a nice person ... i liked her for months but then she went over the top for me
Tanya Burr - unsubed her A LONG time ago because she seems to insecure for me
AmaliaLama and Fleurdeforce or inthefro.. fashionmumblr and carly christiman - i put the all in the same sentence because, for me, theese are all entitled, rich, without a hobby people who arent even interesting. everything they have and are comes frome someone elses money and they are not even original in it. everthing is in marble and filtred and candles and shit. :FU:
I could go on...

I pretty much switched from beauty to lifestyle/ecoliving/books/facts videos because even if its not always the best content it is always more thought out then the same bullsh*t i get from todays beautycommunity.

:tu:

smartypants
Talker
Talker

Post by smartypants »

I realized that I have so much errors in my post and grammar mistakes... I am so sorry. I wrote it ina hurry and its not my first language! :(

LaurieShelby
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by LaurieShelby »

Paige secosky. i used to like her but her attitude is so bad lately and I can't stand watching her videos anymore

lip
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lip »

- Jenna Marbles - That dude of hers slowly taking over the channel. Ack.
- Grace Helbig - Started to skip her videos more and more, finally unsubbed today. Shelf life is up.

lip
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lip »

- MyHarto - Looked at her latest my drunk kitchen video and then it dawned on me: It's just a hipper version of these stupid sales and commercial shows on TV. The circle is complete. Ack. - Unsubbed. Goodbye.

Return to “Beauty Guru General Discussion”