^ LMAO! It was definitely cringeworthy, but hey, it's Miley. :lol:

TallButShort

Re: VMAs

Post by TallButShort »

Yes! He performance was disgusting.

incognito

Post by incognito »

Justin was freaking amazing, but something with the sound was really messed up during his performance, kind of ruined it. Also do they really need to show Taylor Swift in the audience every 5 seconds? So much secondhand embarrassment when they show her attempting to dance...

L1Z
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by L1Z »

nsync reunion... may be one of the highlights of my summer no shame tho

dazzle
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by dazzle »

I need therapy now.
I'd rather drink a cup of acid after chewing on a razor blade.

CoastinOnADream
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CoastinOnADream »

Such a dissapointment... Only good part was Justin Timberlake.

Rach2004
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Rach2004 »

Gaga was awesome but the beginning was a little freaky.. But it's Gaga she can pull it off. Miley and Robin Thicke was just a train wreck. Why why why . So much second hand embarrassment for her. Justin's performance was awesome , I love that he sang all of his hits - and NSYNC!! The other performances were forgettable and Katy Perry's performance was ok but a little cheesy.

WitchOfTheWest
Debater
Debater

2013 VMA's

Post by WitchOfTheWest »

What are your guy's opinions on the VMA's this year? Miley's performance? Taylor's acceptance speech? Selena's dress?

ruby_x
Informer
Informer

Re: 2013 VMA's

Post by ruby_x »

The highlight for me was DEFINITELY Justin Timberlake's performance... I've been a huge fan since I was 9, and he never disappoints! As far as Miley...damn. The girl's out of control. She's probably gonna be the next Amanda Bynes.

Bitchin
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: 2013 VMA's

Post by Bitchin »

Miley was a HUGE mess! I felt second hand embarrassment for her, it was so hard to watch. She didn't look sexy, she didn't look edgy, she looked as though she got released from a mental hospital. If I was Robin Thick, i'd burn those pants after having Miley twerk on them. What was up with Taylor's hair? It looked hideous, the shape reminded me of cauliflowers. I bet there was a lot of tension between her and Harry/1D guys. I thought Selena looked gorgeous, but the dress was a little too revealing. Lady Gaga is by no means fat, but in her performance she looked heavier than she does in her Applause video so I'm questioning if they modified her body in it. I agree, Justin did steal the show! His performance was hands down the absolute best.

sleep84
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sleep84 »

Miley Cyrus is going to pull a BritenySpears in the next few months. I bet my ass on it.
She IS going cuckoo. That "preformance" *airquote* was SO pathetic. She was just trying too hard. They should run a tox screen on celebrities before they go on stage. Seriously. Or that's the result of one too many diets.
She was not that skinny before.
What's new about mimiking fucking on stage? GEEEE, sexual innuendos to attract attention...OH EM GEE, NOONE ever thought of that!! :roll:
That whole image is a show-business stunt.

Also, twerking actually comes from Mapouka:

Mapouka, (also Macouka), is a traditional dance from the Dabou area of southeast Côte d'Ivoire, sometimes carried out during religious ceremonies. It is also known as, "La danse du fessier" or "the dance of the behind".
The dance is mostly performed by women, shaking their buttocks sideways vigorously without moving their hips, facing away from their audience. There are two forms of the dance, the original and the modern. The modern is danced mostly by young people and is considered more obscene and improper by some due to its suggestive nature.
In the 1980s, artists of the Ivory Coast tried without much success to popularize it. One of the most well known groups is Tueuses de Mapouka. In 1998, the government of Côte d'Ivoire prohibited its performance in public.[1] Following the prohibition, the dance enjoyed very fast-growing global following, especially in the sub-Saharan countries and western nations with large Francophone communities.

I know that people re-invent the culture, but it's like equating belly-dancing with just shaking your pelvis here and there.
Pardon my typos, I have a rubbish keyboard. :P

roxym1
Learner
Learner

Post by roxym1 »

Image *pukes*
I live under your bed.

Peachie
Learner
Learner

Post by Peachie »

Am I the only one who doesn't see the point in these award shows? I mean really its just an advertising and PR fest.

JDBgirl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by JDBgirl »

She has a flabby ass. The only reason she's skinny is from doing drugs, so she didn't work out to get that skinny...she has no muscle tone at all.

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

I only watched a part of it, Justin's performance came on when the TV was on. It was good, but he's been performing for so long that I'd find it weird if it wasn't good.

I watched Miley's performance on YT today and I didn't like it. I like Miley and I like her voice a lot but all she did was try to be 'edgy'. I wish she would have just done a show based on her vocal skills because she has such a great voice (in my opinion anyway). That would have been unpredictable and maybe people would start to take her more seriously. I think everyone was expecting what she ended up doing, which made it boring and difficult to watch because it was so awkward.
imma ball til the day i fall

kittykat

Post by kittykat »

I wish Nsync would have lasted longer! They could have performed like all of Bye, Bye, Bye instead of just a 20 second thing, but hey it's still Nsync, and I still thoroughly enjoyed it haha!

Return to “TV Shows”