Which booktubers do you reccomend?

MsBrookeNicole
Learner
Learner

Which booktubers do you reccomend?

Post by MsBrookeNicole »

As I was lurking through threads,I learned booktubers exist...I'd LOVE to watch some.

Who should I start with? I have such random taste in books. My favorite things to read are dystopian books, fluffy novels a la 'Confessions of a Shopaholic'/ 'Devil Wears Prada', some classics, non-fiction about social issues, and I also love biographies and memoirs.

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: Which booktubers do you reccomend?

Post by Presence »

I'd say, check out this chick and also check out the YTers channels she chose to feature:

http://www.youtube.com/user/thereadables/about

overtheolivetree
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by overtheolivetree »

I definitely recommend booksandquills:

http://www.youtube.com/user/booksandqui ... ture=watch

She reads a lot of dystopian fiction and classics, so you should like her. She also has some interesting videos about translating/book in other languages (she's Dutch) if that interests you as well.

guestgue

Post by guestgue »

There's a guy with the screen name bandgeek followed by some numbers (I think it's 1408) he's reviewed quite a bit if dystopia books as well as classics

Izabella

Post by Izabella »

Some of my favorites are booksandquills, thereadables, timelordsandwizards, nerdintranslation, supersushipizza and wordsofareader. :)

SallyCinnamon
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by SallyCinnamon »

I like wordsofareader. She really sells her favourites. I have a shelf of PJ Wodehouse thanks to her!

kabukixo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kabukixo »

I second BooksandQuills! And would like to add: Katytastic, LittleBookOwl, OldHotRadio/OpheliaDagger

Worldofchances2giveu
Informer
Informer

Post by Worldofchances2giveu »

thereadables is by far the best in my opinion. Her editing is amazing on so many levels, she also is fond of classics.

booksandquills Often strays from just booktube but still she makes her videos very informative without making me feel like I'm back in class.

Bookables is one of my favorites and so is theebookmonster

elizziebooks is one of the first and most prominent in the community.

I really like polandbananasBOOKS but she is an acquired taste.

missxrojas is pretty good to.

and a few others :
http://www.youtube.com/user/LittleBookOwl
http://www.youtube.com/user/ArielBissett

Izabella

Post by Izabella »

Also.. check out the channel ThugNotes. They upload short videos about the plot and analysis of classic books with comedy mixed in. Each one keeps getting better and better.

cherrygirl016

Post by cherrygirl016 »

I'm a booktuber! But for more real booktubers,I would recommend Polandbabanabooks, she's a nutcase but so entertaining. Also, Elizziebooks, jessethereader,katytastic, ohcakey, thereadables, and allthesebooks. But my absolute favorite is renkellym. She's gorgeous in my opinion, and she's so articulate so she's easy to listen to.

LaurieShelby
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by LaurieShelby »

I enjoy emmabooks sometimes, epicreads and a clockwork reader

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

loxtwo
Learner
Learner

Post by loxtwo »

I've completely stopped watching the larger booktubers just because it seems as if they are all posting the same content and the same books (I also like to read more than just YA)

My top favorites are...
Merphy Napier (she has literally recommended so many great books that end up being my favorites, she also reads library books!)
BooksWithEmilyFox (she reads all the genres and is not afraid about having an unpopular opinion)
WhittyNovels (I just love her vlogs)
Aimee Reads (has less than 1k followers but regularly posts and has great tastes)
HardBackHorder (reads tons of library books since she works at a library and she's super funny)

lylalou
Learner
Learner

Post by lylalou »

I really don't watch the big booktubers so my favourites are:

- bigalbooks
- Insert Literary Pun Here (though I think she just announced she was stopping her channel)
- For the love of classics
- books by leynes
- Books are my social life
- royaevereads
- diana in colour
- Ink and Paper Blog
- valerie - valereads
- Rachel Louise Atkin
- Wina Wonders
- OwlEyesReviews

I'm sure there are a ton more but these are who I can think of off the top of my head. Most of them do literary fiction, non-fiction about social issues/topics, and classics.

oh_do_tell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by oh_do_tell »

Elliot Brooks is one of my favorites lately :tu:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiflcK ... &flow=grid

Karas
Talker
Talker

Post by Karas »

I really love Sarai Talks Books. I always wondered why she didn't have more subscribers (she's at 2.3k). She hasn't made a video since September, but I still see her active on Instagram so I hope she'll come back to booktube. This past weekend I was re-watching a bunch of her videos and they're just really good and unique, so if you're looking for someone's archive to go through I totally recommend her.

She did a shoutout at the beginning of the year of some smaller channels she watches ( and they're all good too although each with unique taste (Onyx Pages is one where I don't care about most of the books she talks about but I love listening to her talk anyway).

to-ash-i-return
Learner
Learner

Post by to-ash-i-return »

LilyCReads and readwithcindy are both hilarious if anyone wants to check them out ;)

Post by Guest »

my fave booktubers atm are paperbackdreams, readwithcindy, booksandlala, peruseproject, jean bookishthoughts, bookslikewhoa, possibly literate, and squibblesreads! the last two haven't made a new video in a while (possibly literate in around 2 and a half months, squibblesreads in around 6) but i think they're both still fairly active on twitter and squibblesreads is blogging now.

FatcatFuzz
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by FatcatFuzz »

Violet and the Never Ending TBR, Mel Interrupted (sadly she seems to be MIA these days), and Julia's Book Time. These are the only ones I follow, really.

bookbanter
Lurker
Lurker

Post by bookbanter »

I wanted to revive this topic because while there have been some cool recommendations in the general Booktubers thread, I feel like they're often drowned out by the other wild things going on. I'd love to learn more about people's favourites and why they like them, and I'd especially love to find smaller booktubers with potential too.

I've been enjoying louisa josephine as of late. She reads a good mix of classics, literary fiction, popular books, and lesser known titles. Recently she's read a lot of classic vampire books (that aren't just paranormal romance) and it's been nice to get her thoughts on those. While I primarily watch booktubers who focus on adult fantasy, I've been trying to find others who read a variety of work (because obviously I won't *always* be in the mood for some hard fantasy), and so far she's fit the bill.

Sweetcream
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Sweetcream »

I don't have much to add, but was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on booktubers who do full reviews? I know Thoughts on Tomes does, but I'd like to add some variety!

Return to “BookTube”