baby lips by maybline

Reine
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

baby lips by maybline

Post by Reine »

Finally these have come to the UK but I was wondering if they are worth the money?

stylishpie_177
Talker
Talker

Re: baby lips by maybline

Post by stylishpie_177 »

They haven't come to where I live yet, although I think they're worth it considering the youtube beauty gurus' opinions. And it's just a lip balm what can u loose its not gonna give you blemishes or anything. Try it I've been wanting to!

Fat Shark
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fat Shark »

They are OK lipbalms. They aren't worth the YT hype, but they are cute and cheap. Don't expect your lips to be very moisturized though. Not sure how much the would be over in the UK, in the US they are very cheap so even though they aren't the greatest balms ever they are still fun to try, and you won't be out much money.
Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

BeautifullyUgly
Learner
Learner

Post by BeautifullyUgly »

They are really sub-par. I was so disappointed because all of the guru's became obsessed so I thought that they would at least be decent, but they weren't. It feels like a coating of wax sitting on top of your lips rather then sinking in and moisturizing as they should. Though I will say the non-colored ones aren't as bad, I still don't think they are worth it. One plus is that they do smell nice. If the UK has nivea or Burt's Bees, I would definitely recommend those instead.

Mew
Debater
Debater

Post by Mew »

I absolutely hate them, lol

Sweetems8997
Learner
Learner

Post by Sweetems8997 »

I absolutely love them! They moisturize my lips and add a nice color. Try cherry me if you want one, it gives an "I just ate a red popsicle" tint to it. I think they are worth the hype that's just me, but you have to like a bit greasier of a lip balm to like these. They're cheap in the US so they will probably be inexpensive for you too.

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

they're okay. Some are better than others. I don't think they're very moisturizing and they tend to settle on my lips, personally. But they're not absolutely unusable.
imma ball til the day i fall

Winter song
Informer
Informer

Post by Winter song »

I'm surprised with the subpar comments. They are probably my favorite lipbalms I've ever tried and I've pretty much tried every brand as I have self diagnosed myself as a lipbalm addict. What I love about them is when they wear off, my lips do not feel dry and I'm not rushing to find something to reapply. They also don't leave that white crusty stuff you can get from most lip products. Also, the tinted ones leave a stain which I absolutely adore because I have to usually go hours before I can reapply anything and I like knowing the color will still be on my lips without bleeding or running everywhere.

Fat Shark
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fat Shark »

IMO the best one is Twinkle from one of the LE collections. It's pretty much clear with very subtle shimmer, but it smells amazing.
Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

MsBrookeNicole
Learner
Learner

Post by MsBrookeNicole »

I only have the Cherry Me one, and it's decent.

It's not the most moisturizing lip product out there, but I like the taste and smell. It's great for leaving in your purse just in case you forget to throw in a lipstick or something since it has a nice sheer color to it and SPF.

I say grab one- they're not crazily expensive or anything.

EdgySequences
Debater
Debater

Post by EdgySequences »

They're £2.99 which isn't that bad but you can get better lip balms for cheaper. I bought 3 because Superdrug had a 3 for 2 going on. They smell really nice and Cherry Me is my favourite. They're just standard, nothing special. They wear off quickly and I find I need to reapply a lot more than if I was using my Nivea lip balm. Try one and see how you like it.
вє чσursєlf, єvєrчσnє єlsє ís tαkєn <3

damselinthisdress
Lurker
Lurker

Post by damselinthisdress »

those cheap pieces of crap are not worth a penny!
if you cant shell out $22 for Fresh "sugar" from Sephora
hop on to EBAY and win an auction
baby lips are not even worth a red shiny penny

Llama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Llama »

I have never tried Baby Lips but I don't understand the extreme hype behind it. It seems and looks like generic lip balm.

xalisondilaurentisx
Informer
Informer

Post by xalisondilaurentisx »

I like them. They give a little color.

heroinelipstick
Learner
Learner

Post by heroinelipstick »

i don't like them they dry out my already dry lips

hollaatmegurl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by hollaatmegurl »

I haven't tried any of the colors ones but I like the one in the blue tube just for the smell. They're not some spectacular perfect lip balm, just average, but the smell of that one is wonderful lol

fossilfinger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fossilfinger »

I have one shade (the grape one? I bought it awhile ago and I haven't found it in stores since) and I like it because it gives coverage, and I don't like wearing lipstick, so it's a good alternative. Overall I'd say it's worth it but I could live without it.

Pinkpop13
Learner
Learner

Post by Pinkpop13 »

They just came out in Ireland a few days ago and they are €4.49 :/ And i bought them yesterday, They had a 3/2 deal in boots so I gave one to my sister and kept two. I tried the clear blue one but had to keep reapplying it and I woke up this morning with very chapped lips :3 And my lips weren't even chapped before hand soo.. :/ And peach kiss is my favourite :) I bought cherry me ( that's the one I gave my sister ), the clear blue one and peach kiss :) So yeah they aren't worth 4.49 IMO but for 2.99 in the uk I guess it's not too bad. And had anyone tried the black ones ? My friend in the US has them but I'm curios to see if they are any better ?
Life's a bitch then you die

Pleasedont
Talker
Talker

Post by Pleasedont »

I hate them tbh. They feel drying on my lips and I had to force myself to use them. I still have 3 to use up tho.

Wombat
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Wombat »

stylishpie_177 wrote:They haven't come to where I live yet, although I think they're worth it considering the youtube beauty gurus' opinions. And it's just a lip balm what can u loose its not gonna give you blemishes or anything. Try it I've been wanting to!
If you get the straight-up chapstick version we in NZ have, avoid. Those I've tried have no tint, taste bad, and don't do anything for your lips. I am disappoint.

Return to “Maybelline”