Kittiesmama

Forum rules
Please keep in mind - No Homophobic or Racist Posts!
Hideandseek
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Kittiesmama

Post by Hideandseek »

I was jus checking them on youtube today to see what they were up to, good on them for putting the kids in school, even if it is private school. The school is easy to find online, it really seems to fit their faith lifestyle, really sheltered and strong believers...
"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."

M. 22. France

Clemence08
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Clemence08 »

Hideandseek wrote:I was jus checking them on youtube today to see what they were up to, good on them for putting the kids in school, even if it is private school. The school is easy to find online, it really seems to fit their faith lifestyle, really sheltered and strong believers...
Really? Tried finding it online but couldnt

Hideandseek
Informer
Informer

Post by Hideandseek »

In the vlog where they show their uniforms for their first day of school; there's a sweatshirt on a table and you can see the name on it.

I don't know if I am allowed or not to share the direct link on this forum.

I checked out the website quickly, you can see it is the right one because of the uniforms

M. 22. France

Hideandseek
Informer
Informer

Post by Hideandseek »

[video][/video]

I guess it is ok to pin point the time in the video 00:54, it is in their vlog afterall

M. 22. France

Clemence08
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Clemence08 »

Hideandseek wrote:[video][/video]

I guess it is ok to pin point the time in the video 00:54, it is in their vlog afterall
I cant read it haha but that okay I just wanted to know how heavy they are in their religion

Hideandseek
Informer
Informer

Post by Hideandseek »

Tryouts are held every year in May, preceded by tryout clinics. Current Sunrise 8th through 11th grade girls have the opportunity to tryout for the following year of high school. A written testimony of their personal relationship with Jesus is also required. Selection is made before the end of the school year. Cheerleaders commit to attending a summer camp with the squad. Practices are 2-3 times weekly throughout the summer.
This is for cheerleaders at their school...
Young people must be made aware of differing world views; they must be given the right questions to ask in order to pursue truth and seek wisdom and knowledge from the Lord. A student must have as his central focus Christ and his finished work on the cross. This is the only world view that gives meaning and purpose to life, and it is the only world view that perceives reality clearly.
On the academics page :roll:

M. 22. France

Clemence08
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Clemence08 »

Hideandseek wrote:
Tryouts are held every year in May, preceded by tryout clinics. Current Sunrise 8th through 11th grade girls have the opportunity to tryout for the following year of high school. A written testimony of their personal relationship with Jesus is also required. Selection is made before the end of the school year. Cheerleaders commit to attending a summer camp with the squad. Practices are 2-3 times weekly throughout the summer.
This is for cheerleaders at their school...
Young people must be made aware of differing world views; they must be given the right questions to ask in order to pursue truth and seek wisdom and knowledge from the Lord. A student must have as his central focus Christ and his finished work on the cross. This is the only world view that gives meaning and purpose to life, and it is the only world view that perceives reality clearly.
On the academics page :roll:
Doesnt every cheerleader have this mission?

When you look that up you can find the school but when you look that bible verse you go to LDS that pretty heavy right?

Hideandseek
Informer
Informer

Post by Hideandseek »

I don't know if you noticed, I sent you the school website via PM earlier today, anyway, they are going to school but will stay pretty much sheltered.

M. 22. France

Clemence08
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Clemence08 »

Hideandseek wrote:I don't know if you noticed, I sent you the school website via PM earlier today, anyway, they are going to school but will stay pretty much sheltered.
I do now, Thank you! Going to check it outt

ItsAndrew
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by ItsAndrew »

Their views on the main channel have seriously gone down just in the last two months. I always thought (and still do) that a lot of the videos/challenges they made for the main channel were quite odd/weird. Perhaps if the channel had a focus other than just random weird challenges it would still be popular today or more successful.

ItsAndrew
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by ItsAndrew »

Looks like they are going to start vlogging again.

ItsAndrew
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by ItsAndrew »

Funny how Bratayley and JoJo Siwa are friends but KittiesMama and JoJo are not, looking up to her as a celebrity of sorts (also JoJo dancing on stage was cringe, but that's a whole different story)

[youtube][/youtube]

Itsmemustb
Talker
Talker

Post by Itsmemustb »

I guess Bratayley has far surpassed Kittiesmama in yt fame that they can hang with the kids one rung up on the fame whore ladder: those who have been on reality TV. They used to be pretty even in terms of views I guess but there was a shift at some point and then Caleb died and the channel received international widespread attention.

I know that Emma has done modeling before as she has a whole Instagram devoted to it, but I wonder if she gets these jobs because of her connection to you tube or if she is trying to become a legitimate model. Emma is pretty, in the most recent vlog it is clear she will look exactly like her mother, but from what I can tell she is short for her age so I'm not sure if she's the type who'd make it as a model.

I don't agree with everything this family does, but the parents do seem to have kept the kids fairly grounded as compared to other family vloggers. Emma and Noah go to school and they all seem to have a few consistent friends in their lives (or at least Paige...now there's Noah's gf too though). They aren't buying a ton of stuff in every video or traveling to every event that could get them more exposure. The kids don't seem as impressed with or into fame as Bratayley/Annie. Though in comparison to Bratayley, almost every family seems normal and functional.

blacksheep95
Informer
Informer

Post by blacksheep95 »

Props to Emma for being so mature about the whole Hamilton thing. She did say she was upset, but if it had happened to me, I'd been REALLY pissed. Then again, they have the money to go back next year or whenever they want to (though in all fairness, they drove there and paid for their room in points) and I most likely wouldn't.

I have to agree, Jojo's part was very cringey. And why were the little kids trying so hard to be "sassy and fierce". They are modelling children's clothing, they could've told them to smile a bit! Also, the little kid wearing a strapless bathing suit and posing like that?? Call me old-fashioned but I don't think it's okay
I should probably be working...

elah_w

Post by elah_w »

Did anyone watch their most recent video explaining why they quit vlogging for a while? I guess the kids got burned out, which was what I figured. They did seem to blame YouTube a lot for their lack of views and not getting as many subscribers. I suppose the YouTube algorithm could come into play a bit, but I think they mainly don't get views because the kids are getting older and they just aren't a relatable family. I think the kids seem nice and all but they seem pretty sheltered and the family is pretty secretive. I get that they want to protect their kids but I think it just makes it hard for people to become invested in what they're doing and difficult for viewers to be interested in watching. I just have never felt like I know them if that makes sense.

They also mentioned that they lost all of their employees and their office due to the lack of vlogging. I guess they're able to live off their main channel still? The kids are going to keep vlogging on the channel and have more control over it but won't be vlogging daily. They were talking about how it seems like parents become directors and you can't even enjoy what you're doing because of the need to vlog it all and do it for YouTube. I think they hit the nail on the head with that and I'm glad that their parents at least respect them enough to listen to them and let them stop vlogging, even if it means loss of income. I don't see how any of these families daily vlog to be honest. It's really interesting to see why the effects will be on all the daily vlogging kids once they grow up.

Itsmemustb
Talker
Talker

Post by Itsmemustb »

Yeah, I saw it. I don't know anything about the You Tube business so I can't comment there. I guess I assumed that Micah would be old enough by now (not sure how old he is) to take over the cute kid role, but perhaps he doesn't speak well enough yet to do the kinds of videos that would be marketable.

I was glad to hear Emma mention that they have friends (besides the boys' girlfriends) but that they don't want to appear on camera. I just assumed they were a very exclusive group of kids. Also, I've been watching these kids forever and it surprised me when they said that Jonah and Emma are introverted and Noah is the outgoing one. Years ago I could've sworn the mom wrote in a post that they thought Noah was somewhere on the autistic spectrum, though I guess that wouldn't necessarily dictate his personality.

I don't totally blame them for wanting to conceal certain parts of their identity. I mean, yeah, you can probably find that information if you search long enough but there are some very questionable people watching. It may not be obvious because they are usually too smart to comment anything too odd but it's better safe than sorry, right?

I don't like that so many of these families with kids have You Tube as their job now. It should be a hobby and not something that brings in a crapload of money and fame and changes who you are. For good or bad, Kittiesmama hasn't changed too much in who they are as a family besides the normal transitioning from children to teens.

ItsAndrew
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by ItsAndrew »

Just watched the video. They can blame the algorithm all they want but from my memory they just never got a lot of views on their vlog channel. So they had employees? That seems unnecessary for a channel/family like them. The part about the parents becoming directors reminds me of a certain someone else who vlogs their children *cough*Katie LeBlanc*cough*. They do not want to put everything about them out on the internet? Understandable, but that is a price you pay when you become a YouTuber. Interesting how their parents are letting them do whatever on the vlog channel. It shows that before they were basically only allowed to do certain things and probably told what to do in some cases. Honestly, they made the remark how they are not kids anymore, but will continue to make kids videos for the main channel? I guess whatever keeps the cash coming in. I like how they said they will probably choose their own colleges. That makes me wonder if they ever read here since someone (it may have been me) asked if Noah would be allowed to go to a regular college or not. I thought Noah was on the autism spectrum too honestly.

In short, I like how it seems they are more open now and more relaxed. However, I think this all could have been avoided if they just had this "freedom" when they started the vlog channel. Just my two cents though.

elah_w

Post by elah_w »

Yeah you can still find a comment from the mom on a video saying something about him having ADHD and Aspergers or something. I don't get why they had employees and an office either. Their main channel got views when they were younger but both channels have been declining in views way before all this YouTube algorithm stuff. Their kids are growing up and they're a boring family, it was bound to happen and will happen to all vloggers with kids at some point.

ItsAndrew
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by ItsAndrew »

I have a question and I feel this is the best place to ask it in.

Why do women/mothers have children at some point in their life and then ~10+ years later have another child or more kids. I've seen it not only with some YouTube families but in real life too. When all of your children are independent from their parents (in terms of constantly needing their attention/assistance) why do some parents want to go through that all over again? Why do they have children when they will grow up years younger than their siblings, and in some cases (like with KittiesMama possibly), as an only child essentially since the siblings will be older and possibly moved out.

I do not have kids nor am I in a relationship at the moment so maybe there is a reason that I am not aware of, but it just seems a bit odd.

elah_w

Post by elah_w »

This is probably awful to say, but I wondered if they had Micah so they could get more views. I don't doubt that they love him or anything but it crossed my mind. And I don't think that's the only reason they had him, but I wondered if it played a part? Babies are huge on YouTube for vloggers. idk, sometimes I really wonder that when vloggers with older kids all of a sudden have a child.

Return to “A-M”