Skylark Launch: Fragrance Trio!

Batila
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Skylark Launch: Fragrance Trio!

Post by Batila »

blissfulxo wrote:
byebyebye1 wrote:does anyone else HATE rollerballs? I like getting to spray my perfume onto my clothes; I couldn't really care less how my wrists smell.
Yeah I hate rollerballs. It feels like the perfume doesn't get distributed as well as it would if I were to spray it on.
The wrists and behind the ears are pulse points. Supposedly putting perfume there makes the fragrance smell stronger and linger a lot longer than if you were to spray all over.

choochy
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by choochy »

That whole things seems skammy to me. It's like the perfume shell game...wth???
:love2: :love2:

Boo
Informer
Informer

Post by Boo »

I hate rollerballs as well. No matter where I put it (wrists, behind the ear or any other pulse points) it never lasts as long than if I were to just spray a perfume behind my ears or on wrists.
BOO

bspatrol
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bspatrol »

choochy wrote:That whole things seems skammy to me. It's like the perfume shell game...wth???
thank you and thumbs up for this comment. shell game, fml, total hilarium.

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

Batila wrote:
blissfulxo wrote:
byebyebye1 wrote:does anyone else HATE rollerballs? I like getting to spray my perfume onto my clothes; I couldn't really care less how my wrists smell.
Yeah I hate rollerballs. It feels like the perfume doesn't get distributed as well as it would if I were to spray it on.
The wrists and behind the ears are pulse points. Supposedly putting perfume there makes the fragrance smell stronger and linger a lot longer than if you were to spray all over.
Yep, that's what they say. I actually love rollerballs. I roll them on my neck and the pulse points and you can only smell the perfume if you get close to me. I've been told numerous times by people who have hugged me that I smell amazing xD So it's not overpowering but it's still there, and it's much less expensive than a full-size bottle of perfume.
imma ball til the day i fall

LuvLuv1D
Learner
Learner

Post by LuvLuv1D »

Bought a fragrance!!! well, technically my mombought it, but same diff!

I know it's getting a lot of hate, but I've been looking for a new perfume ever since my Couture Couture ran out. I was going to get Marc Jacobs Honey, but then I saw the video and decided I'd try skylark instead. People keep saying- but what if you hate it, but in all honestly, does anyone REALLLLLLYYYYYY seriously think their perfumes are gonna smell disgusting? I'm sure I'll have a favorite, but I bet they'll all smell at least pretty good! I'll do a review for you guys once I get it! :love2:

I actually didn't think the perfume was expensive at all. I don't really understand why people are saying its so expensive because that's how much perfumes usually cost. Whenever I get perfumes from sephora, I usually expect to pay at least 100 dollars for a big size, and like, 70 for a small size. It's not like they can charge less just because their not a name brand like chanel, im sure it still costs a lot of money to make a perfume! think of all those flowers! :love2:

TeamCupcakes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TeamCupcakes »

LuvLuv1D wrote:Bought a fragrance!!! well, technically my mombought it, but same diff!

I know it's getting a lot of hate, but I've been looking for a new perfume ever since my Couture Couture ran out. I was going to get Marc Jacobs Honey, but then I saw the video and decided I'd try skylark instead. People keep saying- but what if you hate it, but in all honestly, does anyone REALLLLLLYYYYYY seriously think their perfumes are gonna smell disgusting? I'm sure I'll have a favorite, but I bet they'll all smell at least pretty good! I'll do a review for you guys once I get it! :love2:

I actually didn't think the perfume was expensive at all. I don't really understand why people are saying its so expensive because that's how much perfumes usually cost. Whenever I get perfumes from sephora, I usually expect to pay at least 100 dollars for a big size, and like, 70 for a small size. It's not like they can charge less just because their not a name brand like chanel, im sure it still costs a lot of money to make a perfume! think of all those flowers! :love2:

Yah but those brands are established and you can't even smell theirs in advance in buying. Not to mention celebrites don't even make their perfumes that expensive. They have done a really crappy job on pricing their products since they started Skylark and they are not all they are craked up to be. If I am going to spend $50 on perfume I want to smell it first and know that I want it

Evolve
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evolve »

LuvLuv1D wrote:Bought a fragrance!!! well, technically my mombought it, but same diff!

Well let's be honest - your opinion on the price vs. value doesn't mean much since your mom's buying it for you. It's the exact same criticism that most people have against gurus not divulging that they were sent a product for free. Your opinion will be biased by the fact that it's not your $60 going into it.

It's not expensive for a perfume - but it is too much to ask for scents no one can smell beforehand. Surely you can understand that you're gambling with $60. You might not hate any of the scents, but there's a good chance there's one or all of them that you'll never wear because - you know - scents are personal. As they love to keep saying. So they've charged you $60 to figure out if their personal scent favorites are the same as yours!

Dahlia
Debater
Debater

Post by Dahlia »

Really Really $60 bucks I'm sorry for being late I just found out on beautygurusconfessions but Really I can buy a better perfume set for way less.

al218
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by al218 »

clusterfuck...ha!!!

Batila
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Batila »

I thought it was a good idea till I saw the price damn $59 no thank you. Another thing I'm super particular about perfumes in that I hate when the smell disappears after an hour. I mean how do we know how strong the smell of these rollerballs are? Idk I just really hate light scented perfumes I've even returned some because it was just like spraying water all over myself.

Also perfumes smell different on different people. There is this one perfume I absolutely love but on me it doesn't smell that great but on my friend it smells amazing :/

laurarellaa
Learner
Learner

Post by laurarellaa »

someone did a review on it!!!

Batila
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Batila »

^she didn't seem too impressed I'm not surprised lol. Also I hate that the scents don't have names just numbers makes it seem more "cheap". I wonder if they will name the chosen fragrance?

laurarellaa
Learner
Learner

Post by laurarellaa »

Batila wrote:^she didn't seem too impressed I'm not surprised lol. Also I hate that the scents don't have names just numbers makes it seem more "cheap". I wonder if they will name the chosen fragrance?
Probably something to tie in with their book. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they named it Beneath the Glitter or Where Beauty Lies. I mean the lip glosses tied in with their book, why not the perfume?

Sophia1st

Post by Sophia1st »

What came to my mind - maybe they will "surprise" people and send every person exactly the fragrance they voted for, so that they only have to produce exactly the amount of perfume people were "asking" for, that could them prevent from a huge mistake. But only if they realise that this whole thing was a huge mistake. I can imagine that otherwise many people will get angry and disapponted. What a stupid idea they had... :/

Lumi
Informer
Informer

Post by Lumi »

Batila wrote:Also I hate that the scents don't have names just numbers makes it seem more "cheap". I wonder if they will name the chosen fragrance?
Why not just call it Skylark No. 2 lol.

whoawhoawhoa

Post by whoawhoawhoa »

srqnative wrote:
laurarellaa wrote:

someone did a review on it!!!
You guys I am CRYING at this review. The shade she's throwing is soooooo good. When a random youtuber with 2,000 subscribers describes a product better than the CREATORS there is a problem. :lol: Also this girl's video quality is a million times better than Elle & Blair's- go figure.
omg i LOL'd so much within the first minute
"I was really curious about them especially based in their descriptions because they were like 'this one smells like when i used to go to florida as a kid' and i was like 'what does that smell like??'"

whoawhoawhoa

Post by whoawhoawhoa »

reading the descriptions "'it's anything than your typical floral scent' that's for sure"

and "[described as]something where you would see a girl getting on the back of a guys motorcycle... i mean that leaves it pretty broad"

detectiveB
Lurker
Lurker

Post by detectiveB »

In case anyone still wanted to get their hands on some Skylark merchandise for personal critiquing, Gilt.com has the fragrance trio ($14 USD) and the two nail polish sets up for sale ($16 USD).
When I logged out of my account, I wasn't able to view the Health & Beauty category items, where the Skylark items are placed. Shipping isn't free so if you are interested here are the shipping rates :Economy - $5.95, Standard - $7.95, Expedited (2-Day) - $15.95, and Overnight - $24.95

bunnyfoofoo2
Learner
Learner

Post by bunnyfoofoo2 »

I'm super picky with my perfumes so no way am I buying..like you guys said, it will be on sale at some point for $19.99 so for those of you who want to purchase I would just wait.

Return to “Elle & Blair”