Skylark Launch: Fragrance Trio!

byebyebye1

Re: Skylark Launch: Fragrance Trio!

Post by byebyebye1 »

does anyone else HATE rollerballs? I like getting to spray my perfume onto my clothes; I couldn't really care less how my wrists smell.

Sophia1st

Post by Sophia1st »

fossilfinger wrote:
Evolve wrote:You can't compare them to celebrities with fragrances because they aren't actually celebrities, they don't have connections or deals made or probably many investors who think it will succeed. If you expect them to come out with a $30 perfume you're just overestimating their popularity. They don't have a big enough pull to sell a perfume that cheap and not come out breaking even or losing money in the long run. Which is why they should just not sell fragrances. I've heard both of them talk many many times about perfumes, candles, etc and I've never heard either one say they'd put that amount of money down for a fragrance they couldn't smell ahead of time.
I think candles would be a good idea, if they weren't ridiculously overpriced. I mean imagine a Christmas Pinecone scented candle, or a Soft Teddy Bear. :D
Hahahahahahahahahaaa.... :lol:

oxprincessxo
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by oxprincessxo »

A lot of the comments on her video are very negative. Even a lot of her subscribers are seeing the crappy logic and risk in purchasing $60 of an unknown fragrance from an unknown brand online without smelling it first. I mean, when you read that, it sounds SO ridiculous. I hope they don't make money off this simply because it's so stupid.

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

paintmedance wrote:Cheers Elle and Blair, I always wanted to smell "edgy".

Did anyone else find the way they spoke in that whole video just plain embarrassing? It was filmed beautifully but they're so poorly spoken it ruined the whole thing.
Yeah, and whenever they do a video together they always bicker =/ I usually don't agree with people when they say something like this because most of the time I feel like people just read way too much into things but both this video and that channel anniversary video were awkward to watch. They kept cutting each other off and talking over each other and going off on weird tangents. Idk.
imma ball til the day i fall

NopeYep
Talker
Talker

Post by NopeYep »

They're underestimating people when they think they're loved so much they'll buy their fragrance without smelling it first. I mean people buy fragrances to WEAR, not to just sit on their vanity like a paper weight.

I feel insulted that they think I like them THAT much. The smart thing to do would have been to sell the samples for $25-$30 + shipping. Then take pre-orders for the actual full-size winner, which could still be $45-55, to be delivered in November. They still wouldn't have to come out of pocket for expenses and would have probably sold more.

blissfulxo
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by blissfulxo »

byebyebye1 wrote:does anyone else HATE rollerballs? I like getting to spray my perfume onto my clothes; I couldn't really care less how my wrists smell.
Yeah I hate rollerballs. It feels like the perfume doesn't get distributed as well as it would if I were to spray it on.

laurarellaa
Learner
Learner

Post by laurarellaa »

did anyone else look at the views on the video? It's been up for 24 hours so the view count might still be going up (even though usually after 24 hours the views are at the right spot). Elle's video has only 49k views with 1.1 million subscribers and Blair's video only has 38k views with 1.4 million subscribers. I guess their viewers are finally catching on... Sad to see so much potential from their early videos (the ones that made me subscribe in the first place) turn into a walking, talking infomercial...

on another note, did anyone else notice that Elle's channel is "verified" (there's a little check mark next to her name) but Blair's isn't? I don't think you can see it on the actual channel but if you click to watch a video and look at her name above the info box you can see it.

Evolve
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evolve »

Yes I hate rollerballs too. I wish more companies would spring for the mini sprayer samples. I only have a few. But with a rollerball it's like you were to take your normal spray and hold in on your wrist and spray. I need a light mist all over!

whatgoesaround
Learner
Learner

Post by whatgoesaround »

Okay... so BASICALLY you want me to buy a product you haven't even created yet?

Just so we're clear, you're asking your subscribers to front you the money to create a fragrance. With no legal or financial obligation to return said monies if, for some reason, this gorgeously bottled fragrance never actually materializes. Because there was never a time frame mentioned for when the winning fragrance would be released. And judging by the fact that you can't afford to keep producing any of the products you tirelessly created in the past.. yeah I'd say I'm going to pass on this little business opportunity.

lisa123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lisa123 »

first of all elle and blair need to know that they are pretty new into this business...and it is realistic to expect some debt in the beginning...it is all about building your reputation right now...then you can increase your prices...so elle's response clearly shows that they are in it for the money...

also what is the guarantee that people are going to get their full size...by the time the full size is actually picked it will be a couple of months...

also there is a high chance that these perfumes dont smell good and dont have good lasting powers...those kind of perfumes in drug stores start from 20$...

elle and blair need to realize that their target audiences are teens that do not have big budgets...so instead of ripping them like this you should just release one full bottle at a time ranging in 30$

MissCheetahPrint
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MissCheetahPrint »

srqnative wrote:
MissCheetahPrint wrote:I cringed when Elle rubbed her wrists together after applying the perfuming.

Why would they think this was a good idea? If that over dramatic "debt" part is even true, I'm sure she only means debt on what they invested in the line, not actual debt. They are very annoying. I would have never actually spent the money, but was a little tempted because I love fragrance too, but my jaw nearly dropped when I saw it was 60 dollars. For one of 3 perfumes you have never even smelled, and then the icing on the cake, a full bottle of one you might not even like?? Why didn't they just come out with the rollerballs first, let everyone vote, then make that one in full size...
Huh? Isn't that what they're doing?
Well what I meant was charge much less for just the rollerballs, maybe 20 dollars, then let everyone vote and come out with the winner, and then people can choose whether or not to make a second purchase of the one that comes out in full size, rather than coupling the rollerballs with the full size...

Ginger1
Debater
Debater

Post by Ginger1 »

Yeah I'm more than a bit annoyed at her claiming they'd go into debt. What Elle means is that they wouldn't profit from this particular product and that's not the same as going into debt. E&B tend to lie a lot when they get defensive, I'm still convinced Blair lied big time in her last "poor me" video.

As a 20 year old if this were a product I wanted I would have no problem with the $59 price. If this were a Dior perfume I'd be going gaga for such a good deal. But alas I'm not that excited about the perfume especially after looking at nail polish reviews.

Even real life celebrities don't expect people to blind buy - they are able to have their products in stores so you can see, touch, and smell before you buy.

It would've been smart to have had the products out when they were on their book tour so people could experience them.

CeCe
Talker
Talker

Post by CeCe »

Is nobody going to mention the completely straight strands of Blair's hair? So distracting.

MissCheetahPrint
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MissCheetahPrint »

srqnative wrote:
MissCheetahPrint wrote:
srqnative wrote:
Huh? Isn't that what they're doing?
Well what I meant was charge much less for just the rollerballs, maybe 20 dollars, then let everyone vote and come out with the winner, and then people can choose whether or not to make a second purchase of the one that comes out in full size, rather than coupling the rollerballs with the full size...
Oh ok haha. Just making sure I wasn't missing something.

In regards to the rollerball debate- I hate them too but oh my god I will take them any day over those horrible samples that have the top corked in and when you pop them off, it's just wide open. Like what am I even supposed to do with that bullshit... I put my wrist on it and tip it down and back and there is a pin-prick size of fragrance on my wrist :lol:
Haha yeah my bad, rereading what I said, I was like oh that's awkwardly unclear.

OMG those samples are the WORST, I have so many of them just sitting in my sample bag because I refuse to deal with them.

Paigecatharine
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Paigecatharine »

This might have been mentioned already but was it weird to anyone else that they didn't have scent descriptions for the fragrances? It seems like it would be a lot easier to market if people had somewhat of a clue what they were buying. Any other fragrance has a scent description...

MayNavGirl
Learner
Learner

Post by MayNavGirl »

I agree with other commenters. They could have come out with the three scents in smaller sizes (maybe not even rollerball) then, through the votes, come out with the chosen scent. That way the people who chose that fragrance, if they wanted to, could buy it full size. The problem with this is that they know fully well if they did that, many people who voted for their favorite fragrance wouldn't end up buying it. This all just seems so scammy to me considering you have no clue when the full sized version is coming out anyway. I can't picture this Skylark endeavour of theirs ending well unless they somehow manage to make it to stores.

Sophia1st

Post by Sophia1st »

Paigecatharine wrote:This might have been mentioned already but was it weird to anyone else that they didn't have scent descriptions for the fragrances? It seems like it would be a lot easier to market if people had somewhat of a clue what they were buying. Any other fragrance has a scent description...
Thats one more thing on the endless list that shows how unprofessional the whole thing is and proves that the people behind them are not very bright either.

poppy
Informer
Informer

Post by poppy »

What if you hate the winning scent and then it's automatically sent to you full sized? Folk should have an opt out option.

Evolve
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evolve »

They're going to regret doing it this way as soon as that starts happening. And no doubt anyone making the initial order and voting or whatever is going to get into it wondering where their money is going - to the scent they like or not - and then when it inevitably happens that some people will not like the scent they're going to want a refund and Skylark will be faced with losing money via rollerball samples or keeping their customers happy.

al218
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by al218 »

For 88 bucks including shipping and tax, I bought a really nice perfume set from Bergdorf Goodman...Fracas. Come Christmas, their rollerballs will be down to 30 bucks on blush just like the eyeshadow was.

Return to “Elle & Blair”