blameitonthealtitude
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Skylark Launch: Fragrance Trio!

Post by blameitonthealtitude »

So they're getting all of these unhappy/"mean" comments:

But it's totally undeserved because if they lowered the price anymore they'd go into debt!!

Yeah, okay Elle. :roll:

Evolve
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evolve »

I actually believe her that they priced it as low as they were able to because just about anyone can see $60 for something you can't smell in advance anywhere is a HUGE risk. One I'm sure they'd never take themselves. This will be a flop. You can sell scents online to people but you have to make them super cheap so they're worth the risk people are taking. I honestly thought these videos were going to be promotional contests where they were going send out like free samples to 50+ people and at least generate a buzz. But no.

kittykat12
Learner
Learner

Post by kittykat12 »

notahatergator wrote:So they're getting all of these unhappy/"mean" comments:

But it's totally undeserved because if they lowered the price anymore they'd go into debt!!

Yeah, okay Elle. :roll:
lmao these girls make it seem like they are making these products for US...let's get real here, these two are the most money hungry liars on YouTube

MissCheetahPrint
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MissCheetahPrint »

I cringed when Elle rubbed her wrists together after applying the perfuming.

Why would they think this was a good idea? If that over dramatic "debt" part is even true, I'm sure she only means debt on what they invested in the line, not actual debt. They are very annoying. I would have never actually spent the money, but was a little tempted because I love fragrance too, but my jaw nearly dropped when I saw it was 60 dollars. For one of 3 perfumes you have never even smelled, and then the icing on the cake, a full bottle of one you might not even like?? Why didn't they just come out with the rollerballs first, let everyone vote, then make that one in full size...

al218
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by al218 »

Someone please buy this crap so we can get a report? Save the receipt and return it after.

fossilfinger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fossilfinger »

Elle's phrasing "without going into debt" just proves how clueless she is about money and how little it would impact her personally if the line flopped.

This video was annoying to watch. The music was too loud and they kept talking over each other, trying to be funny but not.

bspatrol
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: Skylark (all of them)

Post by bspatrol »

lmaololjk wrote:Elle just put up the video about their skylark perfume set. I was actually genuinely considering buying it until I saw the price. Idk, I think $60 is a lot for the quality and considering its not designer. I've heard a lot of bad things about their products. And I remember blair posting a picture of one of the nail polishes and you could just tell how bad it was. I feel like they're only selling this overpriced garbage cuz they know their minions will buy them.
please don't buy it, I know you can find a WAY better fragrance for same price.

J-Bird
Learner
Learner

Post by J-Bird »

Rubbing your wrists together doesn't harm/change the perfume, it simply makes some notes evaporate faster.

Personally, I'd love giving this a try because it's actually not a bad deal. Expensive, but not a bad deal. Of course there is the chance you might not like the perfume picked but I like the way it's set up. Sending out samples and having people pick that way would have been much better, though. Didn't Selena Gomez do something like that for her perfume?
I won't be purchasing because I can think of a lot more perfumes I'd rather spent that $60 bucks on, that I know I like, than this.

bspatrol
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bspatrol »

The more I read their stupid replies about the debt thing the more I think that the company backing them up is basically like, if it sells then we will commit, if it doesn't, we will eat the initial investment of the rollerballs (and produce some large bottles then get out) and E&B will just walk away, which is why they are trying WAY TOO HARD to sell the damn product via hard core sales pitches and by posting it on both of their channels. THEY ARE SO FUKCING TRANSPARENT AND THEIR SALES PITCHES SUCK.

Salem44
Learner
Learner

Post by Salem44 »

I would NEVER buy a perfume I never smelled.
A. Perfumes sit differently on every person which is why you may LOVE a perfume when you smell it on your friend but when you try it you realize you don't like it.
B. It is a complete WASTE of money unless you are getting a free sample from Sephora or a beauty store. There is NO reason to spend money on something you end up only kind of liking.

clairebear
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by clairebear »

It's like stealing candy from babies with them. They want to suck their tween audience of all their allowance money so they can pay for a half million dollar crap condo and more chanel bags, it's ALL about the money. They again have nothing to do with making the perfume when they can't even describe the scents. I have a feeling the company backing their name doesn't want to commit to full on perfume line and this is their way of trying to sell small amounts and a huge price and testing the waters of the fragrance market. Her comments about going in to debt are such bull, hell celeb's sell their fragrances for under $30.

E&B aren't Chanel or any other high end brand and the she really has the gall to compare them to what's sold in department stores? They have money from youtube and privlege that's it. No talent, class, not a designer, not a makeup artist, not famous. not anything. What exactly makes you want to smell like the failure that is Elle & Blair? you know this is some cheap crap that should be sold for $9.99.

Sophia1st

Post by Sophia1st »

I CANT BELIEVE that this two lazy fucks get the opportunity to have their own MakeUp Line, Books, Perfums and who knows what else in future...they just dont deserve it. There are other youtubers who put much more effort and would deserve it more to get this chance. I unsubbed a long time ago and dont watch their vids anymore only read here on GG.

Evolve
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evolve »

You can't compare them to celebrities with fragrances because they aren't actually celebrities, they don't have connections or deals made or probably many investors who think it will succeed. If you expect them to come out with a $30 perfume you're just overestimating their popularity. They don't have a big enough pull to sell a perfume that cheap and not come out breaking even or losing money in the long run. Which is why they should just not sell fragrances. I've heard both of them talk many many times about perfumes, candles, etc and I've never heard either one say they'd put that amount of money down for a fragrance they couldn't smell ahead of time.

paintmedance
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by paintmedance »

Cheers Elle and Blair, I always wanted to smell "edgy".

Did anyone else find the way they spoke in that whole video just plain embarrassing? It was filmed beautifully but they're so poorly spoken it ruined the whole thing.

al218
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by al218 »

"I'm going to film today. I figured I owe you guys a video". (recent tweet). Elle, you don't owe me anything. You are a 25 year old business woman. Don't sell me your cheap perfume while you lay on one beach after another and expect me to take you seriously as a business woman. .

NopeYep
Talker
Talker

Post by NopeYep »

^^^Really? So her minions paid her so much money yesterday for their perfume that she now feels she's been paid "sufficiently" enough to get up off the beach and film a video? Or maybe she's going to do the video ON the beach :?

Lumi
Informer
Informer

Post by Lumi »

She filmed the video in her hotel room before the Skylark announcement. It's supposed to go up tomorrow.

Eika
Learner
Learner

Post by Eika »

I agree with you, guys. Either the company is really shitty or they're failing as business women. I already think that blind buying perfumes is very risky (especially with their fragrances, which are brand new, so no reviews are out yet) but it's going to happen that someone is going to love one of the rollerballs and end up with a full size of a fragrance they don't like. That's such a bummer.
Also the website doesn't provide information as how much product is the full size, are we talking about 30, 50 or 100 ml? It makes a huge difference. They also refer as "fragance" and "perfume" but we know those are the used word to refer to either EDT or EDP. That also makes a huge difference.
And the last thing is that you can get the biggest bottle of a celebrity's EDP (ie, Taylor Swift, Britney Spears...) for under $60 and not to mention the fragrance samplers you can get at Sephora (which even Elle recommended), so I'm not sure how successful they're going to be with US customers.

Elena
Debater
Debater

Post by Elena »

This is bullshit! Paying 60$ for a perfume and 3 rollers that are NOT a high-end , established brand and you DON'T know if you'll like the one that gets voted (or any of them for that matter). Are they seriously stupid?

fossilfinger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fossilfinger »

Evolve wrote:You can't compare them to celebrities with fragrances because they aren't actually celebrities, they don't have connections or deals made or probably many investors who think it will succeed. If you expect them to come out with a $30 perfume you're just overestimating their popularity. They don't have a big enough pull to sell a perfume that cheap and not come out breaking even or losing money in the long run. Which is why they should just not sell fragrances. I've heard both of them talk many many times about perfumes, candles, etc and I've never heard either one say they'd put that amount of money down for a fragrance they couldn't smell ahead of time.
I think candles would be a good idea, if they weren't ridiculously overpriced. I mean imagine a Christmas Pinecone scented candle, or a Soft Teddy Bear. :D

Return to “Elle & Blair”