Tarmar

segLXI
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0

Re: Tarmar

Post by segLXI »

Personally I think her style has gotten worse & it's really bad at the moment... ?

thereshegoesagain
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by thereshegoesagain »

I don't really like her newer lookbooks either. I live near her and when I see her out and about she's usually just wearing more 'normal' clothes though.

I have to say though she comes in to my work frequently and she's always really polite to staff, like even smiling at me when I'm not the one serving her etc. - not stuck up at all!

segLXI
Talker
Talker

Post by segLXI »

I guess a lot of bloggers just wear certain outfits for the pictures only. :/

She has rebranded again, will she try and win a new blogger award again? :D

I thought her college vlogs were quite interesting. :)

loulouneety
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by loulouneety »

So Tar Mar is selling lots of PR samples that she got for free.... I think that's all kind of wrong..

segLXI
Talker
Talker

Post by segLXI »

^ yah this is so wrong. Anouska & Leanne Woodfull have also been guilty of this...

fruitloaf

Post by fruitloaf »

I do like Tara and think that she's a driven, hard-working and relatable person. I watch her Vlogs sometimes and enjoy her New York videos because, it's interesting to see a fashion blogger and YouTuber move abroad for work and commit to life in a different environment. However, I have noticed that she can be quite full of herself, boastful and conceited. She often likes to portray the fact that she's much better than others, which actually put me off her channel. I read her blog posts and it has the same self-absorbed, snobbish sanctimonious tone of stating why she's more privileged and deserving of her opportunities than her counterparts. I don't really think that she has any humility, in my opinion.

I saw this arrogant side to her more, when she leaves comments on other YouTuber's videos and it's usually very blunt back-handed compliments. I just think well, what's the point in being so rude and catty? You either leave a positive comment keeping things professional or you don't say anything at all considering these YouTuber's are probably her friends or acquaintance's. Tara also has a way of putting people down in a subtle manipulative way, which I think is petulant and petty. She could actually be an insecure and jealous person, underneath her contrived over-confident personality.

In regards to her fashion style, it's not to my taste but each to their own. I was under the impression, that she thinks her sense of style is so original and different when it's really just her wearing oversized basics and generic minimal Man Repeller style clothing. There's nothing particularly unique about having that aesthetic. It's just trendy, nothing out of the ordinary. I don't want to offend anybody who likes that style, but I dislike it when YouTuber's and blogger's think they are the best thing since sliced bread. I'm sure many of their fashion, lifestyle and home decor is taken from Pinterest.

e_l_t_84
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by e_l_t_84 »

Only recently discovered Tara, quite like her however up to now

segLXI
Talker
Talker

Post by segLXI »

I haven't really enjoyed any of her content in a while. Now her channel has grown I feel like she over thinks her content way too much and can feel very contrived. And her stressing over what content to put out gets old...

When she decided to to daily vlogs I didn't like them because they weren't really vlogs but she had obviously come up with things to do each day for each 'vlog'. I prefer real vlogs... She then said she only did vlogs every day to try and get more views...

When she went in the Burberry trip she just kept banging on and on and on about how grateful she was etc which was just annoying just say it once and get on with the content..

She recently posted an unboxing which are my least favourite types of videos ever and made me think maybe her channel isn't for me anymore. Just seemed a bit out of touch with her viewers.

I do think she has lots of good qualities too as a youtuber but just not really enjoying the content recently. I've been following her since she had blogspot and had a weird youtube username like heyxxx or something hahaha so its been cool to see her grow just hope she doesn't turn into another YouTube clone.

Queen_cake
Talker
Talker

Post by Queen_cake »

I started watching her about a month ago. I don't mind her content especially her New York recommendations but she really takes herself way too seriously. She really needs to lighten up especially when she is doing ad content. Yes, we know bloggers do ads and all sort of shady stuff and she's not doing shady stuff but just put the advert in organically and stop making it so awkward. I just think if she was a bit more bubbly like Irish girls are in real life she would do really well.

Queen_cake
Talker
Talker

Post by Queen_cake »

Just watched her latest vlog and I really liked it. It was obviously sponsored by Puma but she didn't make it look awkward or keep apologising for being there. Glad she owned it and presented the Puma stuff in a way that makes you want to buy it. Plus she seemed happier and a bit more bubbly. I really enjoyed seeing the ballet dancers backstage and enjoyed how it was edited. I hope she keeps it up because she is one of the better vloggers out there

segLXI
Talker
Talker

Post by segLXI »

I didn't enjoy the puma vlog. I turned it off a few mins. It just wasn't a good fit for her. Honestly I think she usually does great collaborations and stays true to herself and her tastes. But this one was weird. The pics of her wearing the clothes on her insta I mean she would never wear anything like that. I've also never seen her wear puma she usually wears adidas runners. So yah this job to me was a little odd...

marycontrary
Learner
Learner

Post by marycontrary »

I like her most of the time but I'm getting really sick of all her videos being called 'doing xyz IN NEW YORK CITY'

girl, we get it. you live in new york. amazing.

n0seyneighbour
Debater
Debater

Post by n0seyneighbour »

I have not watched a video of hers for a while .. used to follow her coz I liked her work ethic and following her from Ireland to NY she seemed to have done well for herself till she opened her mouth and said something about diversity along the lines of "I forget I'm half Asian" implying to me that she doesn't have a problem with how things are BUT because everyone was talking about diversity she wanted to remind herself to fight for other women or something like that. . Just keep quiet and don't jump of the train if it's not something you genuinely care about ugh

n0seyneighbour
Debater
Debater

Post by n0seyneighbour »

[youtube][/youtube]
Just came from watching her vlog.. I just wanna say it's nice to see someone actually do stuff on a trip .. I am getting tired of seeing vloggers take IG pics/shop/go on sponsored trips/party/get drunk/shop some more .. I like to plan and make the most of trips too and I'm a history nerd aswell so this was nice to watch ..

Also - low key like how her bf just owns his weirdness and doesn't put on tha fake youtuber bf act

thereshegoesagain
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by thereshegoesagain »

I came here to say how annoyed I am about how much she goes on about living in NYC but see it's already been mentioned above! But yeah she's lived there for like 2 years now, 8 million others live there too, it's not that special.
Anyway here latest homeware haul annoys me because she kept mentioning how she's trying not to waste money but then is gonna keep things she got in the wrong size. And she bought things in multiple colours because she isn't sure what colour scheme she wants? Decide your colour scheme then buy things :?! She didn't mention sending anything back so I don't think she's planning to.

haulbiotch
Talker
Talker

Post by haulbiotch »

Justpeepin wrote:I have not watched a video of hers for a while .. used to follow her coz I liked her work ethic and following her from Ireland to NY she seemed to have done well for herself till she opened her mouth and said something about diversity along the lines of "I forget I'm half Asian" implying to me that she doesn't have a problem with how things are BUT because everyone was talking about diversity she wanted to remind herself to fight for other women or something like that. . Just keep quiet and don't jump of the train if it's not something you genuinely care about ugh

I remember this. It rubbed me the wrong way. Almost implying "Since I see myself as white, I don't experience these issues, but I'm doing this for Y'ALL who do" lol. `Usually there is nothing wrong with that but her tone about it was slightly patronising. Which is ironic because she looks more Asian than she does Caucasian.

monki
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by monki »

haulbiotch wrote:
Justpeepin wrote:I have not watched a video of hers for a while .. used to follow her coz I liked her work ethic and following her from Ireland to NY she seemed to have done well for herself till she opened her mouth and said something about diversity along the lines of "I forget I'm half Asian" implying to me that she doesn't have a problem with how things are BUT because everyone was talking about diversity she wanted to remind herself to fight for other women or something like that. . Just keep quiet and don't jump of the train if it's not something you genuinely care about ugh

I remember this. It rubbed me the wrong way. Almost implying "Since I see myself as white, I don't experience these issues, but I'm doing this for Y'ALL who do" lol. `Usually there is nothing wrong with that but her tone about it was slightly patronising. Which is ironic because she looks more Asian than she does Caucasian.
When did this happen? I didn't follow her back then.

The home-ware haul annoyed me too. From what I could tell she planned on keeping all of the things she didn't like, but the kept on mentioning not wasting money. Also correct me if I'm wrong but they 're going back to Ireland in a couple of years, why invest so heavily on interiors? It makes more sense to save it for when they get back.

foreverkaikhaod
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by foreverkaikhaod »

i also get the vibe that she's very arrogant

also she needs to be smarter about showing her apartment. when she was filming by the window, you can see the cross streets and the deli right next to where she lives. i've noticed a lot of youtubers are casual about stuff like this.

Rage&Love
Informer
Informer

Post by Rage&Love »

She's just not very bright is she?

n0seyneighbour
Debater
Debater

Post by n0seyneighbour »

I watch her on and off but for all the working out she does she doesn't really tone - I was looking at her arms and idk.. Its just something I noticed

Sent by my nosey fingers

Return to “P-U”