Nothing to to with J, B, The Chosen, Other, or 1st One

DriveBy
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Nothing to to with J, B, The Chosen, Other, or 1st One

Post by DriveBy »

I haven't posted in several months for several reasons, including my boredom with the Travis circus. In the mean time my 21 yr old son (yes, I'm that old :) ) graduated from the University of Wisconsin - Madison with a B.S. in Biology and enters medical school in the fall. And as is the tradition at Wisconsin football games, they ended the commencement ceremony by dancing to "Jump Around" by House of Pain. Here's some video I shot (sorry it is shaky but the stadium was rocking . I'm tempted to post a picture of him holding his diploma holder like Judy :D

[youtube][/youtube]

umNO
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by umNO »

DriveBy wrote:I haven't posted in several months for several reasons, including my boredom with the Travis circus. In the mean time my 21 yr old son (yes, I'm that old :) ) graduated from the University of Wisconsin - Madison with a B.S. in Biology and enters medical school in the fall. And as is the tradition at Wisconsin football games, they ended the commencement ceremony by dancing to "Jump Around" by House of Pain. Here's some video I shot (sorry it is shaky but the stadium was rocking . I'm tempted to post a picture of him holding his diploma holder like Judy :D

[youtube][/youtube]
Congrats to your son and your family. Pre-med/med is no small feat and requires a good support system, so good on ya, Mama DriveBy! :tu:
Image Image

SuperSmashPeach
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by SuperSmashPeach »

there's supposed to be a selfpromotion thread on here somewhere but i can't find it... :?
guys i really really wanna start a blog/youtube channel but i just don't have the guts (and a lousy cam). i simply wanna do it for fun but i just can't kick myself in the butt and do it.. i already wanted to start 3 years ago and yesterday i was thinking about all the new online friends i could possibly have, i was wondering how many subscribers i would have and so on. anyone having a youtube channel here? any advice? :love2:

honeycupcake
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

Post by honeycupcake »

http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/96 ... l#comments

Why did I immediately think of Benji when I saw this? Maybe the forced father/daughter moment caught on camera? The wife kissing her husbands ass? A father who is the type to not give a shit about a daughter? But YAY he's gonna have a boy. :roll:

Snoogle
Informer
Informer

Post by Snoogle »

Haven't posted here in a while, but still check in fairly regularly :). Anyway, I need some advice from you older and wiser ladies 8-)

Yesterday, a guy asked me out on a date and I was so taken off guard that I said sure. Now I'm regretting it because even though he's a good guy, I feel ZERO sexual or romantic attraction for him. None. I only see him as a friend and a casual friend at that since we only met 3 weeks ago. I just don't feel any chemistry. We haven't actually made any plans yet, so it's kind of up in the air. But if he contacts me to make plans, should I be honest, or should I just go?

For context, I am a 21 year old uni student and student teacher (I turn 22 in a month). I met this guy in a summer school teaching course when the professor randomly put us together for a group project. The course ends tomorrow and since we do not run in the same circles during the regular school year and do not live close to each other, I'm unlikely to see him again until we graduate in next June. I think he's a cool person, but I just don't see him that way at all and I'm not looking for a relationship right now anyway.

It's funny because this is pretty typical of my love life: the people I want to make a move usually just treat me as a friend and the people I just treat as friends are the ones who make a move! I'll probably become an old cat lady 8-)

DipDipDipMyBlueShip
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DipDipDipMyBlueShip »

Snoogle wrote:Yesterday, a guy asked me out on a date and I was so taken off guard that I said sure. Now I'm regretting it because even though he's a good guy, I feel ZERO sexual or romantic attraction for him. None. I only see him as a friend and a casual friend at that since we only met 3 weeks ago. I just don't feel any chemistry. We haven't actually made any plans yet, so it's kind of up in the air. But if he contacts me to make plans, should I be honest, or should I just go?
This is kinda a tough one. Would you ever hang out with him outside of class normally? I would kinda be inclined to just go, but make it really casual like coffee or something, so that it's not a big deal and at the end of the 'date', you can just kinda drop in that you enjoyed his company but you don't think it's going any further. Or you could lie and just say you're really busy after the semester ends and you'll maybe see him around, but probably not. It sounds terrible to lie like that, but it's also kinda the truth. I hate that it's not as easy to get out of something as it should be, because if he's a nice guy then everyone is like 'oh date him, he's nice' and then if you don't, you're a bad person (I know I literally just said it lol). Or you could hope that he forgets and you both get busy with your lives and it never happens. Or, when he does call, just explain that you aren't really looking for any kind of relationship right now, if he really is a nice guy, then he'll understand and not blame you for not wanting to date him (I'd be careful about telling a guy no when you already kinda said yes, some guys are assholes and switch personalities very quickly when things aren't in their favour :()
Sorry, this wasn't really very helpful and I probably just confused you
RETIRED MODERATOR

Snoogle
Informer
Informer

Post by Snoogle »

^I appreciate the reply! It's fine, you haven't confused me :)

To be honest, I wasn't really planning on contacting him or hanging out with him after the course ends. But that's also part of my personality - I'm terrible at keeping up with people unless we're already really close. He's cool and we got along well while we worked on our project together, but after a full day of stewing on it, I just can't bring myself to view him as more than a casual friend. It feels awkward just thinking about it. But he caught me off guard in the moment - he asked me while we were in the university bus terminal right before our separate buses pulled up!

It does sound terrible, but I'm kind of hoping I can just... avoid the situation. As I mentioned, tomorrow is the last class and I'm going to have to leave early to do some stuff with my mother, so I'm hoping I can slip out and after that it should be easier to avoid seeing him again... I'm horrible :(. I've never been good at rejecting people to their faces. The last time I had to do it, the guy had "confessed" to me via email so all I had to do was send a reply saying I didn't feel the same way back and then that was it LOL.

DipDipDipMyBlueShip
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Hey Snoogle, the nosy side me wants to know how that situation turned out? :oops:
RETIRED MODERATOR

honeycupcake
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

Post by honeycupcake »

OMG me too! I'm just reading about this now... hihi...

ThrustingTaquito
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ThrustingTaquito »

me three! ;) :love2:
PTTD
The flashbacks are real. We can help.

Post Traumatic Taquito Disorder/ Bush Sighting Reflux

OrganicTaquito
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by OrganicTaquito »

Me four!

Snoogle
Informer
Informer

Post by Snoogle »

I'm sorry I left you guys hanging without an update haha. I need to keep up with these forums more often. I usually just pop into the vlog thread, read a page, then leave >.<

Anyway, I ended up telling him the truth... If we had already made concrete plans, I would have honoured them, but since it was still "up in the air", I felt I should just be honest now rather than pretend to be into it. He was cool and really nice about it, and everything's good :). Sorry if you were waiting for drama LOL.

You ever know one of those people that there isn't really anything objectively wrong with them, but the thought of being in a relationship just feels like a whole lotta NO? Idk, he was like that for me. I don't understand why, but a relationship with him would feel wrong. Anyway, we're cool and that's the anti-climatic end :P

ThrustingTaquito
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ThrustingTaquito »

Yay GG sister Snoogle :cheers: Thanks for the update and glad it worked out. Impressive.
Sounds very grown-up and easy. Def too normal for IJL vlog material! ;)
PTTD
The flashbacks are real. We can help.

Post Traumatic Taquito Disorder/ Bush Sighting Reflux

OrganicTaquito
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by OrganicTaquito »

I found out we're expecting a girl! *happy dance*

DipDipDipMyBlueShip
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Yay, congratulations OrganicTaquito :big<3:
RETIRED MODERATOR

honeycupcake
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

Post by honeycupcake »

Congrats :tu:

Traveler
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Traveler »

OrganicTaquito wrote:I found out we're expecting a girl! *happy dance*
Congratulations!!!! I hope you have a safe and healthy pregnancy! And a healthy baby girl!!
Benji Travis is a mooching wanderlust husband

OrganicTaquito
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by OrganicTaquito »

Thank you ladies. Everything looked good on the last scan. She's meassuring right on time and the due date is Christmas Eve :) lol

Bish
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Bish »

I didn't even go to the main thread to see what douchebag and doormat are up too, I came to this one first :D I miss you guys! :love2:

Just wanted to pop in and say congrats OrganicTaquito! Glad everything is going well but I'm sorry to hear about your future miserable life and useless partner whining over having a non-boy. ...Oh wait? That's not how normal people react to having a child? Whoops! :ball:

honeycupcake
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

Post by honeycupcake »

We miss you too!

Return to “ItsJudyTime / ItsJudysLife”