missgabystar11
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: FIDM, Emily, Julien etc

Post by missgabystar11 »

MadmoiselleLayla wrote:
beautyinsimplicty wrote:I know she said she's going to be moving after her first semester, does anyone else think it could be to the same building as Lauren/Arden & Meghan/Allie if she moves with Emily/Julien (if they move out of where they are now)? I don't know how close it is to her college or anything, it just seems to be YouTube HQ right now and Lindsey isn't one to miss out on the latest trend lol.
I was thinking the exact same thing! Those apartments are in a trendy part of LA (right across from the Grove) and so many people like Elle & Blair & Lauren Conrad have lived there. I don't blame them though, that building is really nice. Oh and It's appoximatly 5-6 miles away from the school.
Lol Lauren, Arden, Meghan, and Allie don't live where Elle & Blair lived. Elle & Blair & LC lived in The Palazzo communities actually LC lived in Park La Brea where I think Lindsey is moving to because fidm has connections with those apartment. They are nice apartments but also very expensive IMO. Lauren and Arden live close to the hollywood sign and The Palazzo is more in west hollywood.

Hanna
Learner
Learner

Post by Hanna »

In Lindsey's BeautyCon vlog, when Drew and Julien were singing and Lindsey kept going on about how gifted they are I was seriously laughing. Like, Julien has a nice voice, but Drew just talks weird and calls it singing. What's wrong with their ears?

iloveeeecheeesee
Talker
Talker

Post by iloveeeecheeesee »

Lindsey is too nice to tell him he sucks.

xalisondilaurentisx
Informer
Informer

Post by xalisondilaurentisx »

Hanna wrote:In Lindsey's BeautyCon vlog, when Drew and Julien were singing and Lindsey kept going on about how gifted they are I was seriously laughing. Like, Julien has a nice voice, but Drew just talks weird and calls it singing. What's wrong with their ears?
Haha i was thinking the same thing

Chloe_Bean
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Chloe_Bean »

haha yea I actually like the tone of Julien's voice but Drew can carry a tune and...that's about it. It is fun to live with a singer/songwriter though.

TheSkinny
Learner
Learner

Post by TheSkinny »

chachacha17 wrote:
cheesedanish wrote:This LA fantasy is a joke. Both girls are not big on Youtube, though Lindsay is ahead of Emily. I can't seem to grasp as to why Emily is at FIDM. If she wants to become a make-up artist, shouldn't she be at a cosmetology school? New York is filled with those! Both girls do not know what FIDM has to offer. Just because they like fashion, doesn't mean they know fashion. The ignorance :? ...

It seems that Lindsay is networking while she's out there in LA, but Emily seems static. I wonder if Emily is jealous of Lindsay. Moving in together might have been a bad idea...

I personally know a girl who transferred from a 4 year university to FIDM her sophomore year. She is a MAJOR Lauren Conrad/the hills fan. I think LC is part to blame for this fashion school craze lol
IKR! I appreciate fashion and like to dress nice but I don't think I'm an expert and would never pursue a career in it.Not to brag, I dress nicer than Lindsey and Emily yet they are the ones going to school for it. Funny
Lol I dress better than them and I'm becoming an orthodontist(boring i know lol). I don't get the point, I know a lot of people who want to become a fashion designer or work in the industry but barely know anything about it. It's like they just like the idea of going to a fashion school or living in that environment. I took some collage fashion history and designing courses for fun during my summers in hs and they're pretty hard not to the mention the amount of competition the industry has. I think it's easier to work your ass of in uni to go into a profession that'll be around for a while and has demands in the market than to goof off in collage like they seem to be doing particularity Emily just to have fun. Fashion isn't easy and it isn't nice, it's very cut throat. Unless you give you 110% dedication, you won't get anywhere.

foreverkaikhaod
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by foreverkaikhaod »

jean101 wrote:They're never going to get the real college experience. Girls must outnumber guys 2:1 and a large percentage of those guys (being very stereotypical) are likely to be gay or feminine. She's unlikely to find a bf and also won't parties be kind of boring? Jockey frat guys make everything more interesting at parties and just school in general. Also what about school sports? Are there any?
this is kind of a ridiculous argument, as much as i don't understand this whole beauty gurus moving to LA and doing nothing thing. not everyone wants the traditional college experience with communal dorms, parties, frats, etc.

peekapie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by peekapie »

Yeah, I'm in college and I don't take part in any of the typical "college" activities. I'm not a drinker, I don't like parties, I hate frats/sororities/etc. I'm in college to learn and get out with my degree as fast as I can, before I accumulate too much student loan debt.

Not everybody wants to partake in the same activities in college and it doesn't mean they won't be getting a good experience. Though I do agree that these girls should have researched their degree more and possible jobs after they graduate, as everyone in college should. I sure as fuck wish I would have done more research myself.

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

foreverkaikhaod wrote:
jean101 wrote:They're never going to get the real college experience. Girls must outnumber guys 2:1 and a large percentage of those guys (being very stereotypical) are likely to be gay or feminine. She's unlikely to find a bf and also won't parties be kind of boring? Jockey frat guys make everything more interesting at parties and just school in general. Also what about school sports? Are there any?
this is kind of a ridiculous argument, as much as i don't understand this whole beauty gurus moving to LA and doing nothing thing. not everyone wants the traditional college experience with communal dorms, parties, frats, etc.
I agree.... I went to art school and though we didn't have sports (except clubs that were about sports like soccer club for example), or frat parties, we had a lot of fun. Art school parties are pretty dope and we didn't have to deal with frat bros. It was a more tight community and I loved it. Yes, for me at least the percentage of males to females was like 30:70 and I myself didn't get a boyfriend, but it's not impossible. A lot of my friends did. I was (and still am) just really shy and socially awkward when it comes to guys.
imma ball til the day i fall

chachacha17
Learner
Learner

Post by chachacha17 »

TheSkinny wrote:
chachacha17 wrote:
cheesedanish wrote:This LA fantasy is a joke. Both girls are not big on Youtube, though Lindsay is ahead of Emily. I can't seem to grasp as to why Emily is at FIDM. If she wants to become a make-up artist, shouldn't she be at a cosmetology school? New York is filled with those! Both girls do not know what FIDM has to offer. Just because they like fashion, doesn't mean they know fashion. The ignorance :? ...

It seems that Lindsay is networking while she's out there in LA, but Emily seems static. I wonder if Emily is jealous of Lindsay. Moving in together might have been a bad idea...

I personally know a girl who transferred from a 4 year university to FIDM her sophomore year. She is a MAJOR Lauren Conrad/the hills fan. I think LC is part to blame for this fashion school craze lol
IKR! I appreciate fashion and like to dress nice but I don't think I'm an expert and would never pursue a career in it.Not to brag, I dress nicer than Lindsey and Emily yet they are the ones going to school for it. Funny
Lol I dress better than them and I'm becoming an orthodontist(boring i know lol). I don't get the point, I know a lot of people who want to become a fashion designer or work in the industry but barely know anything about it. It's like they just like the idea of going to a fashion school or living in that environment. I took some collage fashion history and designing courses for fun during my summers in hs and they're pretty hard not to the mention the amount of competition the industry has. I think it's easier to work your ass of in uni to go into a profession that'll be around for a while and has demands in the market than to goof off in collage like they seem to be doing particularity Emily just to have fun. Fashion isn't easy and it isn't nice, it's very cut throat. Unless you give you 110% dedication, you won't get anywhere.
I know right! Those girls are so naive. They think they will waltz through FIDM, and then be working at Vogue the day after they graduate. If they have ever watched The Devil Wears Prada or Anna Wintour's the September issue documentary they should know it is not as simple as it looks. You have to work long hours and start at positions that aren't as "glamorous" or "fun" and work your way up. Even if you did that, your not going to be 100% set. The rate of people succeeding is very low. If people with actual talent and skill don't make it who have had more experience and fashion sense than Emily and Lindsey, what makes them think they will make it? Just because they think clothing is "so cute" and they can plough through daddies money doesn't make them fashion experts. You could argue a lot of people on Youtube watch them, but most of them are just as clueless as them

TypicalTeen
Learner
Learner

Post by TypicalTeen »

I don't think Julian's a bitch to Lindsey but it seems like Julien has more in common with Emily, I actually kinda feel sorry for Lindsey at times because it looks like Emily spends more time with Juliet now then she does with Lindsey I don't know though its just how I observed it and I get annoyed whenever Lindsey is vlogging Emily laughs at her and Lindsey is just like " Stop Lauphing At Me!" I feel like even though they are friends they aren't best of friends I like kristee better than Emily because idk Emily has this way of acting and I don't know if I like her yet and it just seems like people like kristee get Lindsey more have you guys noticed Emily making fun of Lindsey?

byebyebye1

Post by byebyebye1 »

why does emily always stand with her arms in front of her stomach? if she keeps trying to cover or hide it maybe she shouldn't wear such tight clothing all the freaking time.

Hanna
Learner
Learner

Post by Hanna »

TypicalTeen wrote:I don't think Julian's a bitch to Lindsey but it seems like Julien has more in common with Emily, I actually kinda feel sorry for Lindsey at times because it looks like Emily spends more time with Juliet now then she does with Lindsey I don't know though its just how I observed it and I get annoyed whenever Lindsey is vlogging Emily laughs at her and Lindsey is just like " Stop Lauphing At Me!" I feel like even though they are friends they aren't best of friends I like kristee better than Emily because idk Emily has this way of acting and I don't know if I like her yet and it just seems like people like kristee get Lindsey more have you guys noticed Emily making fun of Lindsey?
Yes, Emily should really stop doing that and start having some respect for Lindsey, who is more than nice to her! And I really like Lindsey and Kristee's friendship, it seem very genuine and I loved their Christmas trip to NYC. I think they should move in together, if they lived closer to each other.

whateverforever

Post by whateverforever »

Hanna wrote:
TypicalTeen wrote:I don't think Julian's a bitch to Lindsey but it seems like Julien has more in common with Emily, I actually kinda feel sorry for Lindsey at times because it looks like Emily spends more time with Juliet now then she does with Lindsey I don't know though its just how I observed it and I get annoyed whenever Lindsey is vlogging Emily laughs at her and Lindsey is just like " Stop Lauphing At Me!" I feel like even though they are friends they aren't best of friends I like kristee better than Emily because idk Emily has this way of acting and I don't know if I like her yet and it just seems like people like kristee get Lindsey more have you guys noticed Emily making fun of Lindsey?
Yes, Emily should really stop doing that and start having some respect for Lindsey, who is more than nice to her! And I really like Lindsey and Kristee's friendship, it seem very genuine and I loved their Christmas trip to NYC. I think they should move in together, if they lived closer to each other.
Same!! I find lindsay really annoying when she's with Emily and bland who she's by herself but when she's with either Meghan or Kristee I find her so much more relate able and just more genuine than when she has to be around obnoxious Emily who I'm still convinced is 14 because she certainly looks and acts like it

SorryNotSorry
Talker
Talker

Post by SorryNotSorry »

I like Emily but Julian just annoys me. She seems like she tries way too hard to fit in with them. Anytime Julian ever talks I cringe.

Toasty
Talker
Talker

Post by Toasty »

Julian irritates me because her name is strictly a boy's name in German. :?

Return to “Lindsey Hughes”