Chloe_Bean
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: In Memory of Talia Castellano

Post by Chloe_Bean »

an0n wrote:
peekapie wrote:
blameitonthealtitude wrote:Talia's reading is going to be on "long Island Medium" this Sunday - I just saw the preview on TLC.
I saw that too. It kind of irked me to see that though, it's like a publicity stunt or something. I mean it would be one thing if Theresa went out privately to the Castellano home but it being aired on television just seems...not right?
That whole show is not right. I'm sure that her mom and sister are doing all this with good intentions but I certainly think they are also doing it for attention/fame.
Oh, they love the fame/attention. There are a ton of people with sick children, and there a certain types of people who will use that to get into the public eye, and no, it's not 100% to pay for medical expenses.

PTruth
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Post by PTruth »

I think it's kind of creepy, but I want to watch. Is that wrong? I loved Talia and I could see her speaking to her family from where ever she is. I think it should be private, but I'm nosey and want to see it. ;)
Internet wig snatcher and shade thrower.

Please excuse my misspelled words and lazy grammar. I haves fat fingers and no edit button.

Don't let your post write a check Google won't cash!!!

blameitonthealtitude
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by blameitonthealtitude »

I was bored and it was on so I watched it.

Here's a recap of everything that happened that I wrote as I watched for those of you who don't want to or can't watch it:

- Talia's mom and sister flew in from Florida and arrive fully made up in hair and makeup.
- Theresa talks about Talia knows how her mom and sister released balloons at her funeral and butterflies at a cancer walk.
- Talia knows about the angel wing bracelets her sister and mom both wear and that her 'soul was present' when they got them.
- Talia doesn't have hair on the other side. God asked her if she wanted it and she said no.
- Talia's mom and sister talk about her youtube channel and her infectious, positive personality. A lot of clips from her youtube videos were also shown.
- Her mom starts crying as Thersea says Talia thanks her mom for telling her that it was "okay to let go".
- More tears about how she spread her word of positivity across the world
- Talia 'tells' her mom that she shouldn't feel bad for anything she did in terms of treatment, etc
- Her mom and sister talk about how they are continuing with Talia's makeup line. Talia thanked them for doing that.
- More tears
- Talia them that in Heaven she "reads the souls of children who have passed and makes them feel beautiful"

So...yeah.
Last edited by blameitonthealtitude on Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flaffy22
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Flaffy22 »

Just watched it.... BULLSHIT. this woman is despicable and a complete fraud.
''Oh Hai Mark''

"O'at for a rip are ya' baud?"

blameitonthealtitude
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I don't know where I stand on the whole 'medium' thing (though I usually learn towards 'fake'), but regardless it wasn't as...promote-y...as I thought that it would be.

PreFall Haul
Informer
Informer

Post by PreFall Haul »

I've never watched this show as I don't believe in mediums, but I watched last night for the Talia segment. I could have given the same "reading" that this woman gave. Nothing that she said was news to me, in other words, everything she said could be gleaned from Talia's facebook page. The balloons, the bracelets, the "I love you to the moon and back", etc. Even her sister had the look of "this is bullshit". Or maybe she just normally has a stone face.

hi_bye
Debater
Debater

Post by hi_bye »

PreFall Haul wrote:I've never watched this show as I don't believe in mediums, but I watched last night for the Talia segment. I could have given the same "reading" that this woman gave. Nothing that she said was news to me, in other words, everything she said could be gleaned from Talia's facebook page. The balloons, the bracelets, the "I love you to the moon and back", etc. Even her sister had the look of "this is bullshit". Or maybe she just normally has a stone face.
I agree. That Facebook page had more enough information. She may be a medium and she may be seeing visions or something, but I could have said all of that. Even Mattia (?) mentioned how she wrote "I love you to the moon and back" on instagram just the other day, so she just had to do a quick look at the instagram to see it....Not buying it.

But whatever helps them <3

longhairdontcare1006
Informer
Informer

Post by longhairdontcare1006 »

PreFall Haul wrote:I've never watched this show as I don't believe in mediums, but I watched last night for the Talia segment. I could have given the same "reading" that this woman gave. Nothing that she said was news to me, in other words, everything she said could be gleaned from Talia's facebook page. The balloons, the bracelets, the "I love you to the moon and back", etc. Even her sister had the look of "this is bullshit". Or maybe she just normally has a stone face.

I agree. Teresa? Theresa? Claims that she doesn't do any research on clients before reading them, but Talia's episode with her just made me iffy. There's no way she hasn't been following Talia's fb, etc. Or else she'd have no idea who she was. But I agree with above, whatever helps them heal, and helps them deal better.

I saw in the commercial for this Sunday that she's going to be reading the mom of a 15 year old girl who died in my city of brain cancer the day before Christmas eve of 2011. The amount of people that came together for that girl in just a few months from her diagnosis to death was amazing. I'm kind of curious to see how it pans out to/to see what Theresa (sp) has to say.
veni, vidi, vici

Flaffy22
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Flaffy22 »

I feel like she shouldn't be dead, it's all too late now but I wonder if she'd still be alive today if she would have gone through with the bone marrow transplant? I believe what ultimately ended her life was not the neuroblastoma but the MDS from what I've heard. Talia declined further treatment apparently.
''Oh Hai Mark''

"O'at for a rip are ya' baud?"

Kate
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Kate »

Sorry if you guys have seen this, but it was uploaded today:

[youtube][/youtube]

blameitonthealtitude
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

6 month memorial video
[youtube][/youtube]

Can someone explain why people are still sending gifts to Talia? Talia has passed away, so she can't use them...sorry, but it's something I don't understand at all.

an0n
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by an0n »

I think its weird too but maybe its some sort of closure for them?! Also some of the letters might have been sent before she died cause I don't know that in the months before she did that they spent time going through fan mail and a lot of them sounded like that too.

white trash sparkles
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by white trash sparkles »

I think it's sad how this thread died. Doesn't anyone want to discuss her memory?

Fairycake
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fairycake »

Theres 5 pages, what more is there to discuss? Its just her family making money from it now.

white trash sparkles
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by white trash sparkles »

It's been ten years since Talia's death. I was thinking about her a few weeks ago as someone shared a picture of her on Facebook and I ended up seeing it for some reason.

I literally remember reading her thread in trash a guru and and all the hoopla around her death or just before it. I actually liked Talia, she was never an angel but she was feisty and had a big attitude for a girl her age.

I never cared for Mattia as her behavior in the hospital was odd (shaving her head, running around and laughing and joking) when Talia was ready to pass on. I remember that pissing me off so much.

Exactly what is her family doing to honor her memory a decade later? I would have thought MAC back in the day would have at least named a lipstick after Talia. I know Talia has a dream of her own MAC collection. Are her mother and sister still involved in raising money for cancer research?

Return to “taliajoy18”