ackbellai
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cimorelli

Post by ackbellai »

ANYwyzdelete4 wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:06 am
Dani's recent video discussing the inability for shit men to change was interesting too considering who she just attended a wedding for.
THIS.

allycatt
Talker
Talker

Post by allycatt »

I haven’t finished Dani’s latest video (the q&a one) but I started it when she posted it and I love what I’ve seen of it so far. I feel like a broken record saying this lol but I just really love how open and honest Dani has become. I feel a little too old for a lot of what she talks about lol so I watch her videos simply because I enjoy her personality, but when I was younger I would’ve loved to have someone I admired and looked up to talk about things she talks about and be some kind of guiding force when it comes to the awkward and weird and sometimes uncomfortable aspects in life that we may come across, especially when we ARE young. Dani has turned herself into this sort of sister figure for her audience to turn to when they need advice but feel like they don’t have anyone to ask, and I just really love that. I also love how carefree she seems in her videos, like nothing is too terrible or awkward to talk about and she’s always ready to tackle anything.

allycatt
Talker
Talker

Post by allycatt »

(Sorry to double post lol but) Also, I’ve been seeing Lisa’s wedding posts on my Instagram because I lurked after she got married lmao but they had me thinking, how long do you guys think it’ll be until she announces a pregnancy? Assuming Chad is capable of getting anyone pregnant, anyway 🤔 (honestly, ew, lol.)

I don’t think Lisa always had big and fast family goals like Christina, but knowing how the Cimorellis are I wouldn’t be surprised if the idea of children coming soon-ish after marriage is just how it is for them. For what it’s worth, I don’t think Lisa waited until marriage either (but I’ve thought that waaay pre-Chad), but now that they’re married it would be okay if there was some kind of evidence (aka a pregnancy?) since, ya know, married people are allowed to have sex. (But only married people, duh!)

ackbellai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ackbellai »

allycatt wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:10 pm
(Sorry to double post lol but) Also, I’ve been seeing Lisa’s wedding posts on my Instagram because I lurked after she got married lmao but they had me thinking, how long do you guys think it’ll be until she announces a pregnancy? Assuming Chad is capable of getting anyone pregnant, anyway 🤔 (honestly, ew, lol.)

I don’t think Lisa always had big and fast family goals like Christina, but knowing how the Cimorellis are I wouldn’t be surprised if the idea of children coming soon-ish after marriage is just how it is for them. For what it’s worth, I don’t think Lisa waited until marriage either (but I’ve thought that waaay pre-Chad), but now that they’re married it would be okay if there was some kind of evidence (aka a pregnancy?) since, ya know, married people are allowed to have sex. (But only married people, duh!)
I remember Lisa talking about wanting lots of children, so I imagine they will start trying right away... unless there's pushback from Chad.

Shantel
Learner
Learner

Post by Shantel »

This is random but Mike Jr. just posted a tour of where he, Chris, Kath, Lisa and Amy used to live. This was their main filming/recording house that they used. I guess since they’re all married now (minus Amy who moved out years ago), they don’t need this place anymore and Mike is listing it. The place is pretty spacious and I can see why Lisa said she was paranoid about hearing sounds/thinking a stranger snuck inside the house when she was basically living there on her own towards the end of the summer.

easquared
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0

Post by easquared »

Shantel wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:18 am

This is random but Mike Jr. just posted a tour of where he, Chris, Kath, Lisa and Amy used to live. This was their main filming/recording house that they used. I guess since they’re all married now (minus Amy who moved out years ago), they don’t need this place anymore and Mike is listing it. The place is pretty spacious and I can see why Lisa said she was paranoid about hearing sounds/thinking a stranger snuck inside the house when she was basically living there on her own towards the end of the summer.
what interesting find. They're two more recent Instagram videos are filmed in an empty house, and I was wondering if they moved. That's probably the new filming location/ living space for the unmarried sisters

jjache
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by jjache »

Pretty funny how they talked about the importance of mental health and having positive people around you when your wedding is approaching in today's video, but from everything Dani has alluded to, they clearly didn't let her have that kind of peace. Also, can anyone else imagine Chad going through Catholic wedding prep (not that I think they did that, but just hypothetically). Lol

ghostflusters
Debater
Debater

Post by ghostflusters »

jjache wrote:Pretty funny how they talked about the importance of mental health and having positive people around you when your wedding is approaching in today's video, but from everything Dani has alluded to, they clearly didn't let her have that kind of peace. Also, can anyone else imagine Chad going through Catholic wedding prep (not that I think they did that, but just hypothetically). Lol
No I can’t lol but I don’t think they had a Catholic ceremony. Chad is twice divorced and you can’t get married in a Catholic Church if you’ve been married before, unless you get an annulment which he didn’t. It’s also interesting the difference between the venues of Kath’s ceremony and Lisa’s. Kath’s was so clearly a Catholic Church and a Catholic ceremony but Lisa’s looked like a non-denominational church.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ackbellai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ackbellai »

If you go back and watch old Cimorelli videos, it becomes so obvious how much the dynamic has changed since Dani left the band... and I mean in a good way...

I agree with all the comments talking about Dani's growth, honesty, vulnerability, etc. and how much she has opened up on her own channel, HOWEVER... she was a real b*tch on the Cimorelli channel. She was incredibly passive aggressive, always making rude comments under her breath, being condescending toward the other sisters, and interrupting everyone constantly. I didn't realize it right away, but the Cimorelli videos are so much less awkward now. I used to feel secondhand embarrassment watching Dani shush her sisters and boss them around.

TheCatsInTheForum333
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by TheCatsInTheForum333 »

I didn't really like teenager Dani tbh. I agree that she was pretty rude towards everyone for whatever reason. I also think she tried to be always the centre of attention (at least I've noticed that particularly in one of their "singing your requests" live streams. But I really like her now. It must be difficult trying to stand out with so many siblings.
I hope Dani and Emmyn manage to keep track of their finances though. I don't think they are in trouble yet but from what I see they tend to spend a lot on unecessary things. Not here to judge on that though.

Also it is so sad to me that Dani is only in Christina's wedding pics and not in the others. I know her reasons are good (obv no masks to be seen) but still it's kinda sad.

Inviato dal mio RMX2063 utilizzando Tapatalk

traceyruru
Lurker
Lurker

Post by traceyruru »

ackbellai wrote:If you go back and watch old Cimorelli videos, it becomes so obvious how much the dynamic has changed since Dani left the band... and I mean in a good way...

I agree with all the comments talking about Dani's growth, honesty, vulnerability, etc. and how much she has opened up on her own channel, HOWEVER... she was a real b*tch on the Cimorelli channel. She was incredibly passive aggressive, always making rude comments under her breath, being condescending toward the other sisters, and interrupting everyone constantly. I didn't realize it right away, but the Cimorelli videos are so much less awkward now. I used to feel secondhand embarrassment watching Dani shush her sisters and boss them around.
While that is a good thing, there’s still the Christina and Amy dynamic. I can’t remember the title of the video but there was a particular video where everyone in the comments pointed it out continuously. I don’t know if it has something to do with Christina being pregnant at the time.

ackbellai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ackbellai »

traceyruru wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:33 pm
ackbellai wrote:If you go back and watch old Cimorelli videos, it becomes so obvious how much the dynamic has changed since Dani left the band... and I mean in a good way...

While that is a good thing, there’s still the Christina and Amy dynamic. I can’t remember the title of the video but there was a particular video where everyone in the comments pointed it out continuously. I don’t know if it has something to do with Christina being pregnant at the time.
Very true!

Confusion_
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Confusion_ »

Does anybody else think the amount of money Amy is charging for her prints is absolutely insane!

Natash
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Natash »

Confusion_ wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:31 pm
Does anybody else think the amount of money Amy is charging for her prints is absolutely insane!
Hi there, this is my first comment! Also, not a native speaker, so please excuse any mistakes.

Some would be willing to pay that much for a print they like. Especially small independent artists need money to buy material and still make a living. I personally have never bought a print from an artist before because I'm a student living with my parents and I don't earn my own money because school takes up quite some of my time and I'd rather spend my pocket money on fun times with friends or good Indian food lol. (But I plan to buy art when I make my own money and move out into my own place.) Considering that their target demographics are young girls (tweens, teens), the kids don't make money. So the kids have to ask their parents to buy it for them because "Amy Cimorelli made it". And what parent, who wants to be on good terms with their (hormonal) kid, would say no? Ka-ching!

Another problem is that Amy's prints aren't even a full A3 paper format to ask this much money for. I think she could be selling it for less, since she makes enough money off YouTube and tours and stuff.

And a personal comment: I wouldn't buy it for less either 😔 Looking at the majority of her pieces, this is how I imagine having poor eyesight and looking at the world would look like. It's all too "blurry"? "Sploshy"? I don't like the anatomy of the girls in some of her paintings either, it looks like no effort was put into it.

Look, I'm glad she found a hobby that she likes, but signing up to an art class (not in the midst of a pandemic ofc) or sketching to learn how to eyeball objects or just spending more time on the internet learning about colours and composition and anatomy could improve her art and maybe give her more mature unbiased buyers. Passion is key and if it's true how much she likes painting, then she can take it further and evolve her art.

Sorry if it was too long, art was always a part of my life so that lead my fingers this time. Also I'm not trying to be rude, only honest. And I feel there is a thin line dividing the two and I'm dancing on top of it.
critical but loving

traceyruru
Lurker
Lurker

Post by traceyruru »

Natash wrote:
Confusion_ wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:31 pm
Hi there, this is my first comment! Also, not a native speaker, so please excuse any mistakes.

Some would be willing to pay that much for a print they like. Especially small independent artists need money to buy material and still make a living. I personally have never bought a print from an artist before because I'm a student living with my parents and I don't earn my own money because school takes up quite some of my time and I'd rather spend my pocket money on fun times with friends or good Indian food lol. (But I plan to buy art when I make my own money and move out into my own place.) Considering that their target demographics are young girls (tweens, teens), the kids don't make money. So the kids have to ask their parents to buy it for them because "Amy Cimorelli made it". And what parent, who wants to be on good terms with their (hormonal) kid, would say no? Ka-ching!

Another problem is that Amy's prints aren't even a full A3 paper format to ask this much money for. I think she could be selling it for less, since she makes enough money off YouTube and tours and stuff.

And a personal comment: I wouldn't buy it for less either Image Looking at the majority of her pieces, this is how I imagine having poor eyesight and looking at the world would look like. It's all too "blurry"? "Sploshy"? I don't like the anatomy of the girls in some of her paintings either, it looks like no effort was put into it.

Look, I'm glad she found a hobby that she likes, but signing up to an art class (not in the midst of a pandemic ofc) or sketching to learn how to eyeball objects or just spending more time on the internet learning about colours and composition and anatomy could improve her art and maybe give her more mature unbiased buyers. Passion is key and if it's true how much she likes painting, then she can take it further and evolve her art.

Sorry if it was too long, art was always a part of my life so that lead my fingers this time. Also I'm not trying to be rude, only honest. And I feel there is a thin line dividing the two and I'm dancing on top of it.
Welcome to this thread !! I totally agree. Honestly, her art doesn’t look... professional? I don’t really know what I can say about it, I’ve only dabbled in art. They look like it’s more of a hobby for her, I think. I think she needs practice. LOTS of it.

allycatt
Talker
Talker

Post by allycatt »

I really can’t believe Amy is selling prints of her art but at the same time... yes I can lol. I think it’s great that she has a hobby like art but I wish she would keep it a hobby, if that makes sense? Like, she doesn’t NEED to be selling her art for an income and she doesn’t strike me as someone who wants to be a professional artist in the future. It just feels like a kind of money making grab instead of something she actually wants to pursue and turn into a fully fledged passion/career to me. Plus, you know most of those buying her products are mostly teenagers who are using their (most likely lousy) teen job income or asking their parents for money :/ which is.... eeh, not great.

ghostflusters
Debater
Debater

Post by ghostflusters »

allycatt wrote:I really can’t believe Amy is selling prints of her art but at the same time... yes I can lol. I think it’s great that she has a hobby like art but I wish she would keep it a hobby, if that makes sense? Like, she doesn’t NEED to be selling her art for an income and she doesn’t strike me as someone who wants to be a professional artist in the future. It just feels like a kind of money making grab instead of something she actually wants to pursue and turn into a fully fledged passion/career to me. Plus, you know most of those buying her products are mostly teenagers who are using their (most likely lousy) teen job income or asking their parents for money :/ which is.... eeh, not great.
I just can’t believe that no one is telling this 25 year old grown woman that her art isn’t actually any good so she shouldn’t be exploiting her young fans. She isn’t an artist, the art is terrible and looks like what a 12 year old girl would draw in school art class after seeing an Instagram tutorial on how to paint a galaxy.

The Cimorelli’s are so far into their own bubble that they don’t live on the same planet as the rest of us. It’s disgusting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shantel
Learner
Learner

Post by Shantel »

Some Cimfans on Twitter are freaking out because apparently Dani is hinting that her sisters all are Trump supporters with her latest TikTok. A lot of their fans were disappointed that Cimorelli has not encouraged people to vote and are silent on political issues. I think that Dani’s sisters are most likely Republicans because their values seem to align that way even tho some of them have said that they did not vote for Trump.
Maybe part of the reason why Dani is not as close to her family as she used to be is because she’s not Catholic and Republican anymore (plus the fact that they didn’t support her wedding and also she’s taking social distancing very seriously).

omb4
Lurker
Lurker

Post by omb4 »

Shantel wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:48 pm

Some Cimfans on Twitter are freaking out because apparently Dani is hinting that her sisters all are Trump supporters with her latest TikTok. A lot of their fans were disappointed that Cimorelli has not encouraged people to vote and are silent on political issues. I think that Dani’s sisters are most likely Republicans because their values seem to align that way even tho some of them have said that they did not vote for Trump.
Maybe part of the reason why Dani is not as close to her family as she used to be is because she’s not Catholic and Republican anymore (plus the fact that they didn’t support her wedding and also she’s taking social distancing very seriously).
For the brothers, Mike is definitely Trump, he actively posts about it. Christian was Trump too but that was before he could vote, I'm not sure about him now. As for the sisters, I remember seeing a twitter thing from Christina saying she didn't vote for Trump and how people should stop assuming things about her but simultaneously do the Cimorelli women even vote since some catholics still believe women shouldn't vote...

traceyruru
Lurker
Lurker

Post by traceyruru »

omb4 wrote:
Shantel wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:48 pm

For the brothers, Mike is definitely Trump, he actively posts about it. Christian was Trump too but that was before he could vote, I'm not sure about him now. As for the sisters, I remember seeing a twitter thing from Christina saying she didn't vote for Trump and how people should stop assuming things about her but simultaneously do the Cimorelli women even vote since some catholics still believe women shouldn't vote...
Some Catholics believe women shouldn’t vote? They’re a completely different breed of Catholics. Should I be excommunicated? Just kidding.
Pretty off-topic, but I swear I know so many Catholics (me included) that are completely different to the “Catholic” that the Cimorelli family shows on camera. I’d say we do the same things they do (no drinking, waiting before marriage, but in the end it’s still your choice, and it reallt depends on how you view it) but not as extreme as they do (the way they’re being conservative is on a whole different level), and we don’t proclaim them and be proud of it. Different people have different preferences and values.
I can’t really say much about the politics, I’m not American. Though from my days in the fanbase back then, all of them followed trump at one point, and I think Amy also said that she didn’t vote for trump at one point. Some people believe that Christina only said that to shut people up about their political views. If they don’t vote at all, that’s a really trashy decision.

(Sorry for any mistakes, I’m not a native speaker.)

Return to “Music”