NARS Sheer Glow/Matte foundation

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

NARS Sheer Glow/Matte foundation

Post by Diorette »

Have any of you tried these foundations? Are they good?

I have combination/dry skin and i don't need much coverage :)

justanotherhater

Re: NARS Sheer Glow/Matte foundation

Post by justanotherhater »

I had NARS Sheer Glow and I find it to be way too heavy. If you don't need much coverage, you don't need it. Maybe you should try NARS pure radiant tinted moisturizer? It has more coverage than regular tinted moisturizer and probably more suitable for your dry-combo skin. I really enjoyed the tinted moisturizer, and ended up giving away sheer glow, it's not really all that glow-y and feels/looks way too heavy.

I think you said before that you never wear foundation, right?

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette »

justanotherhater wrote:I had NARS Sheer Glow and I find it to be way too heavy. If you don't need much coverage, you don't need it. Maybe you should try NARS pure radiant tinted moisturizer? It has more coverage than regular tinted moisturizer and probably more suitable for your dry-combo skin. I really enjoyed the tinted moisturizer, and ended up giving away sheer glow, it's not really all that glow-y and feels/looks way too heavy.

I think you said before that you never wear foundation, right?
Yup I never wear it because it ends up looking cakey on me at the end of the day or emphasise my dry patches, the only ones that kinda work are the covergirl 3 in 1 and chanel vitalumiere aqua.

And thanks, by the name I thought that sheer glow was light coverage but now I remember that I've seen people saying that it is full coverage.

incognito

Post by incognito »

Agreed on the NARS tinted moisturizer. It is pretty moisturizing, I have oily skin and I can only wear it in the winter when my skin's a little less greasy, so it would be great for anyone with dry skin. It gives light coverage and doesn't look like you have any makeup on. You should try it!

smashthebox
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smashthebox »

I find Sheer Glow to not be glowy at all, I wouldn't bother with Sheer Mate.

marieeeeee
Learner
Learner

Post by marieeeeee »

Sheer glow to me is neither sheer nor glowy, I seriously don't know where they got the name. It's medium/heavy coverage and satin/semi-matte. I love NARS, buuuuuut this is not my fav foundation by far.

Sunkissedlove
Informer
Informer

Post by Sunkissedlove »

I think I'm alone on this but I love sheer-glow! I only use a small amount but it makes my dry skin look glowy and evens out all of my freckles.

Llama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Llama »

Honestly, don't bother with Sheer Glow. The only thing that is sheer about it is the actual glow (demi-matte). Unless you have impossibly smooth skin like a baby, it will cake like crazy. Unless you have a lot of time on your hand to make things work. The oil control is just average but unexpectedly low for such a non-dewy foundation. If you have pink undertones, give up on finding a match. The most it would go is probably neutral-yellow.

If you want a high-end illuminating foundation get YSL Teint Touche Eclat Foundation instead.

Deathbarge
Learner
Learner

Post by Deathbarge »

I used sheer glow a few years ago and it made my skin look horrible! Really cakey and because I have really dry skin, I basically looked like a lizard and not glowy at all imo!
Welcome to thug life

Llama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Llama »

Deathbarge wrote:I used sheer glow a few years ago and it made my skin look horrible! Really cakey and because I have really dry skin, I basically looked like a lizard and not glowy at all imo!
I have combo skin and it made my skin look SUPER DRY :/ I don't recommend it to anyone unless they have perfect skin. But if you have perfect skin, why would you need that much coverage...?

damselinthisdress
Lurker
Lurker

Post by damselinthisdress »

Llama wrote:Honestly, don't bother with Sheer Glow. The only thing that is sheer about it is the actual glow (demi-matte). Unless you have impossibly smooth skin like a baby, it will cake like crazy. Unless you have a lot of time on your hand to make things work. The oil control is just average but unexpectedly low for such a non-dewy foundation. If you have pink undertones, give up on finding a match. The most it would go is probably neutral-yellow.

If you want a high-end illuminating foundation get YSL Teint Touche Eclat Foundation instead.
wrong
wrong
wrong!!!
makeupforever and NARS are the 2 brands that cater for all undertones! and this is from someone who works as a makeupartist and has many undertones!

whoawhoawhoa

Post by whoawhoawhoa »

sigh arguments about undertones

Llama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Llama »

damselinthisdress wrote:
Llama wrote:Honestly, don't bother with Sheer Glow. The only thing that is sheer about it is the actual glow (demi-matte). Unless you have impossibly smooth skin like a baby, it will cake like crazy. Unless you have a lot of time on your hand to make things work. The oil control is just average but unexpectedly low for such a non-dewy foundation. If you have pink undertones, give up on finding a match. The most it would go is probably neutral-yellow.

wrong
wrong
wrong!!!
makeupforever and NARS are the 2 brands that cater for all undertones! and this is from someone who works as a makeupartist and has many undertones!
I'm pretty sure NARS SG is notorious for running pretty yellow. I have Deauville which is a supposedly "neutral" shade but it is obviously yellow toned.

I also own the NARS TM in Finland, which is "neutral" and it is infamous for running yellow.

No argument for MUFE (though I never debated it), it is marvelous for both yellow and pink undertones.

justanotherhater

Post by justanotherhater »

I agree! Nars colors do run more on the yellow side. It's the main reason I started to gravitate toward their foundations. I'm so yellow. :P

artsy323
Informer
Informer

Post by artsy323 »

I have tried these foundation and the oxidize badly on me! I have oily skin and I do not mind blotting or re touching throughout the day. But within an hour I would turn orange with the foundations!

Magnolia
Talker
Talker

Post by Magnolia »

That's really weird, I wear mine for 8+ hours and the color is exactly the same as it was when I first apply it.

Return to “NARS”