Joey Graceffa Part 5

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Joey Graceffa Part 5

Post by illegal_mind »

yeah, tyler dyed his hair on his last day in the uk. and like i said, old photo from NYE (danisnotonfire's and amazingphil's hair no longer looks like that and dan is wearing a sweater, because it was winter when the photo was taken)
The Internet knows all your secrets

JDBgirl
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by JDBgirl »

i'm so confused lol.

DiamondLeFunk
Talker
Talker

Post by DiamondLeFunk »

It could be a girl though...... the amount of girls with that hairstyle in the UK....

But it's most likely a guy. Hardly scandalous, although i think we should all dig more dirt on Doug.... i am interested to know about his past. Like i had no idea he knew Dan and Phil....

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

yeah, i found doug through phil. phil retweeted doug's first life hacks and that's how i found him, that's how lots of people found him when he started those videos (phil did a similar thing to omfgitsjackanddean and lots of his subs went to check that channel). we should be getting his dml before he goes to vidcon, in it, he may mention relationships, but he also might not talk about that subject, but we'll get a bit more detail about his personal life (i also noticed stephen fry follows doug on twitter)

DiamondLeFunk
Talker
Talker

Post by DiamondLeFunk »

I've noticed all the Draw My Life's are boring from YouTubers and ALL the same. Blah blah i was bullied > bad home > found youtube > got rich > the end.

Also he told Joey his channel is PG, which probably means he'll leave out all the juice.

I wonder if he watched Joey for a while before meeting him or even talking to him. How weird would that be? Watching someone and then being emerged into that life you've been watching......

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

DiamondLeFunk wrote:I've noticed all the Draw My Life's are boring from YouTubers and ALL the same. Blah blah i was bullied > bad home > found youtube > got rich > the end.

Also he told Joey his channel is PG, which probably means he'll leave out all the juice.

I wonder if he watched Joey for a while before meeting him or even talking to him. How weird would that be? Watching someone and then being emerged into that life you've been watching......
danisnotonfire was an amazingphil fanboy before becoming danisnotonfire. phil convinced him to start making videos and now they live together in an apartment in london, have over 1 million subs each and have their own bbc radio1 2 hour long radio show on sundays. we also don't know if it was doug that watched joey first, it might've been the other way around, since the type of videos doug does are life/body hacks, joey might've watched one and that's how it started.
as for the dml, yeah, it's always the same thing. sad sad sad>youtube>money and fame. hopefully doug's life is a bit more interesting to watch. and just because it's a pg channel doesn't mean he'll leave out things like having a boyfriend, it just means that he won't say anything that's too scandalous, but that's how most youtubers do theirs

cuckoo
Learner
Learner

Post by cuckoo »

Maybe Doug fooled me, but he doesn't seem like the one who could have anything too scandalous going on. I migh be wrong, obviously, but he just seems so modest and reserved, one of the guys who never gets in any juicy stuff... except Joey's ghm ghm probably. Sorry.

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

yeah, i don't really see doug as the type of person to have something scandalous in his past. but you never know, appearances can be deceiving

senpai
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by senpai »

cuckoo wrote:Maybe Doug fooled me, but he doesn't seem like the one who could have anything too scandalous going on. I migh be wrong, obviously, but he just seems so modest and reserved, one of the guys who never gets in any juicy stuff... except Joey's ghm ghm probably. Sorry.
He does seem really reserved, but I can definitely tell he's "cheeky". He's just less upfront about it and hides it with humour

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME??? he's planning on doing an indie gogo now to raise the rest of the money

senpai
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by senpai »

illegal_mind wrote:ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME??? he's planning on doing an indie gogo now to raise the rest of the money
Ugh, this bothered me. Maybe instead of just asking for money, he should put some of his own money towards it.. Like normal people would

JDBgirl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by JDBgirl »

^ I agree.
He acts SO ungrateful.

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

yeah, or sell some stuff to get a bit closer. he has so much shit he doesn't use. he wears the same clothes all the time, he can sell half his closet. he got a trident for halloween to play finnick and never used it because it's too dangerous to walk around with, and it's just useless now, he can sell that too. he can sell that giant totoro bean bag. and if he still needs money then he can grab a dildo, turn on the camera and monetize the videos on xtube.
there are so many ways he can get the money, but instead he chooses to just make a second fundraiser, still not showing anything to prove the webseries will be good and still no budget plan

ferriswheel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ferriswheel »

illegal_mind wrote:ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME??? he's planning on doing an indie gogo now to raise the rest of the money
He probably should've gone with them in the first place. This really makes me want to bang my head on a wall.
Peace, Love and Animal Crackers
ImageImageImage

cuckoo
Learner
Learner

Post by cuckoo »

I'll finish the research on how when why ect this whole kickstarter and now indie gogo is, but. Can somebody simply explain how this amount of money looks like in terms of standard of living in JG's area and in terms of what he is assumed to earn from youtube? This whole thing makes me so uncomfortable and if I start to wonder that some guy on YT can just ask and get that money without any prove of how worthy his idea/skills are, I want to cry. Where I am from, it's TEN YEARS of official statistical average monthly income :|

KlatschGuy
Learner
Learner

Post by KlatschGuy »

Seriously, though! The balls on this boy! I'm surprised they don't show through his skinnyass jeans! I like how he's looking at Indiegogo now because he gets to keep whatever money he gets, even if he doesn't reach his goal. Greedy little bastard. And this after he sent lines like this out in a backers only update on Kickstarter (I backed it because I have an interest in seeing this thing get produced and probably fail spectacularly):

"You wont receive your prize if you didn't pay. You have 1 week from when the kickstarter ended to get the money in your account" (emphasis mine). What happened to the two weeks?

I think the loan shark comparisons people made a few days ago are spot on. And if you're going to pressure the Kickstarter people into giving you money, don't also start an Indiegogo and double-dip in the crowdsourcing here! It makes him look like an avaricious predator.

Hippo
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Hippo »

So... the big zit between his eyebrows is back.

senpai
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by senpai »

Hippo wrote:So... the big zit between his eyebrows is back.
:D :D
I swear it comes back every couple weeks

gizcorn
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by gizcorn »

KlatschGuy wrote:
Seriously, though! The balls on this boy! I'm surprised they don't show through his skinnyass jeans! I like how he's looking at Indiegogo now because he gets to keep whatever money he gets, even if he doesn't reach his goal. Greedy little bastard. And this after he sent lines like this out in a backers only update on Kickstarter (I backed it because I have an interest in seeing this thing get produced and probably fail spectacularly):

"You wont receive your prize if you didn't pay. You have 1 week from when the kickstarter ended to get the money in your account" (emphasis mine). What happened to the two weeks?

I think the loan shark comparisons people made a few days ago are spot on. And if you're going to pressure the Kickstarter people into giving you money, don't also start an Indiegogo and double-dip in the crowdsourcing here! It makes him look like an avaricious predator.
I'm surprised at this actually, I thought from his vlog when he said something along the lines of "I'm going to have to think of ways to raise this money now" that he was actually going to put in some hard work and earn it, which made me have a bit more respect for the project, not just turn to a different crowdsourcer because one didn't work the first time.

I wouldn't be surprised if no-one donates this time, or at the very least he's gonna get much more fake pledges just for the cheek of him not putting in any effort at all. I know it was said alot when the kickstarter first started but he's acting like a little entitled bitch about this project, I hope for his sake that it's actually good or he's going to have a lot to explain to thousands of fans who put their/their parents hard-earned money into a flop series.

Spankalicious
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Spankalicious »

hello22 wrote:
Ugh, this bothered me. Maybe instead of just asking for money, he should put some of his own money towards it.. Like normal people would
Also, here's a novel concept, how about getting a frickin' J-O-B to earn some extra money for the project. This guy is earning bucket loads of cash from Youtube now, so he wouldn't even need one, but an 8 minute daily video of yourself making smoothies and grilling chicken can still be done if working a regular job, especially when you have some sucker editing your videos...

Anyone who gives this guy their hard earned cash needs to have their head examined.

Return to “Joey Graceffa”