Blackheads

Regina Phalange
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Blackheads

Post by Regina Phalange »

Anyone have tips on removing them? I get them on my nose and some on my chin. When I use the biore strips not much comes out but I still see them on my nose. Help!

Regina Phalange
Informer
Informer

Re: Blackheads

Sorry I didn't realize I put this in the wrong section

cryinglightning
Learner
Learner

Post by cryinglightning »

Regina Phalange wrote:Anyone have tips on removing them? I get them on my nose and some on my chin. When I use the biore strips not much comes out but I still see them on my nose. Help!
Girl sorry to say but unless you're getting laser treatment or a heavy duty facial, blackheads will always be there. On pretty much everyone.
[imghttp://24.media.tumblr.com/5b19520ebb1aacd90dfb6aab576ff654/tumblr_mgdpm3orGc1qbym3zo1_500.gif][/img]

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette »

Ugh I've tried everything and nothing works, they're not noticeable but I have tons on my nose, can't get rid of them.

cryinglightning
Learner
Learner

Post by cryinglightning »

Diorette wrote:Ugh I've tried everything and nothing works, they're not noticeable but I have tons on my nose, can't get rid of them.
My face is completely clear (yay dermatologist) except for blackheads on my nose and chin (apparently the white bumps also there that can only be seen when I like, lift up my bottom lip and make the skin taut if that makes sense, are oil glands and that's why those and the blackheads are there). Best I can recommend is steam the skin (like near hot water, not IN it) and Aveeno's positively ageless resurfacing scrub, because my skin is so so so sensitive that I can only use very few products and that one works well and gets rid of them for awhile. I believe Clean and Clear also makes a blackhead removal thing, but it's powerful and basically dries out the skin and oil into a powder to be wiped off. (sorry, ick)
[imghttp://24.media.tumblr.com/5b19520ebb1aacd90dfb6aab576ff654/tumblr_mgdpm3orGc1qbym3zo1_500.gif][/img]

Elenasnow
Learner
Learner

Post by Elenasnow »

You won't be able to get rid of them but there are methods that you can use to make them less noticeable.

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette »

cryinglightning wrote:
Diorette wrote:Ugh I've tried everything and nothing works, they're not noticeable but I have tons on my nose, can't get rid of them.
My face is completely clear (yay dermatologist) except for blackheads on my nose and chin (apparently the white bumps also there that can only be seen when I like, lift up my bottom lip and make the skin taut if that makes sense, are oil glands and that's why those and the blackheads are there). Best I can recommend is steam the skin (like near hot water, not IN it) and Aveeno's positively ageless resurfacing scrub, because my skin is so so so sensitive that I can only use very few products and that one works well and gets rid of them for awhile. I believe Clean and Clear also makes a blackhead removal thing, but it's powerful and basically dries out the skin and oil into a powder to be wiped off. (sorry, ick)
Mine too, I get a pimple very rarely and I've never suffered from acne, thanks god, just the normal occasional pimples, but blackheads are the worst!

Forever Eccentric
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Forever Eccentric »

I use bobby pins to take them out

LaLaLaLaHateYou

Post by LaLaLaLaHateYou »

Forever Eccentric wrote:I use bobby pins to take them out
What? How? The end of the bobby pin is so huge?! You must explain, lol! I want to know!

sleep84
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sleep84 »

Uhm..I just pop them out gently squeezing my skin between my fingers. Like...how you pop a pimple but no nails, just gentle pressure. After my shower or if you steam your face with a pot of hot water. It's not the best maybe, but if you do it delicately at least you remove that ruvid crap that's on your nose (at least..that's on MY nose!) I don't get pimples, I have dry delicate skin... (HELLO lines, I'm going to get tons of them....) but I get lots of blackheads. On my nose mostly, on hte border of my lips and EEEW in the lower part of my nostrils, like, almost inside my nose. I HAVE to clean them....
Pardon my typos, I have a rubbish keyboard. :P

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette »

Why do you guys say that it is impossible to remove them completely? I'm just curious, this is the first time I see people saying that.

I don't understand why some people don't have them!

sleep84
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sleep84 »

Diorette wrote:Why do you guys say that it is impossible to remove them completely? I'm just curious, this is the first time I see people saying that.

I don't understand why some people don't have them!
Yeah..I wondered about that as well... :? Do they mean visible pores? Of course you can remove them..they are not made of concrete... yes, they'll come back, but the beautitian who does the face cleaning, removes them with a very low-tech procedure... idk..maybe we mean different things.
Pardon my typos, I have a rubbish keyboard. :P

Forever Eccentric
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Forever Eccentric »

With bobby pins you push up against the blackhead with force and now watch the nasty blackhead pop out. It does hurt though

pixielein
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by pixielein »

i used to have too on my nose, and when you go to a cosmetician (beautitian) she/he can remove it (run off) and it was pretty painful for me, but it totally worth

sleeplessnights
Learner
Learner

Post by sleeplessnights »

I also have them :( I've been told that it's useless and harmful to squeeze them, because they always return soon. I know that in order to successfully get rid of them you need to use a produt with salicylic acid (sorry if I spelled it wrong) in it, but I don't know if it's true and I don't know any effective product with this ingredient in it :|
I apologize for any mistakes, English is not my first language!

whatthewhat
Learner
Learner

Post by whatthewhat »

I tend to get these a lot on my nose which is the oilest part of my face. I used to get them on my forehead and chin but find since incorporating Salycylic (Sp?) acid into my routine I get them less on the rest of my face.I tend to use Effaklar K & Duo as day/Night treatments. Nose ones are just stubborn. I had read in numerous places that nose strips weren't a good idea as they can cause broken capillaries etc. I have never really found them to be effective, painful yes but not effective. I find facials can help. Have had Dermalogica facials and they were a Godsend and a great starting point.

pandaaa
Informer
Informer

Post by pandaaa »

From my experience, i do not recommend pore strips bc they left my nose pores really enlarged. So sad....
Have u ever tried oil based cleanser? I use the one from dhc bc it is really good at removing makeup. I used it yesterday and i was shocked at how cleaned my blackheads.
I think it just all depends on cleansing regularly. And using masks like - clay masks that are designed to suck all the oil and dirt.

I also heard OuterBeauty Konjac Sponges - Oily and Oily/Acne-Prone ones are effective at removing blakheads from raeviewer on youtube. Its only ten bucks so maybe u should try it. Im thinking about getting one too. Just google it.

molticolori
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by molticolori »

Are you guys sure they aren't just sebaceous filaments? Sebaceous filaments are most common on the nose and fill up shortly after using a pore strip or extraction. Here's a helpful article.

If you're using pore strips I would recommend stopping since they do way more harm than good, take care of your skin! Remember that acne should be treated like an open wound, don't use so many harsh and drying products hoping for quick results and be sure to read up.
Last edited by tar on Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Clickable link removed

Regina Phalange
Informer
Informer

I use a cleanser with salicylic acid in it and I love it. I think that's why I don't have blackheads all over but still struggle with them on my nose. It could be sebaceous filaments, ill have to read the article to know for sure.

I also thought about trying baking soda for blackheads. I have the silver powder from Mario badesco but I've only used it a few times so I can't say if it works. I need to use it more

molticolori
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by molticolori »

Regina Phalange wrote:I use a cleanser with salicylic acid in it and I love it. I think that's why I don't have blackheads all over but still struggle with them on my nose. It could be sebaceous filaments, ill have to read the article to know for sure.

I also thought about trying baking soda for blackheads. I have the silver powder from Mario badesco but I've only used it a few times so I can't say if it works. I need to use it more
OMG no! Baking soda is super harmful for the skin and can cause hyperpigmentation! Please don't do that.

Return to “Skincare”